EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » white christmas for me... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: white christmas for me...
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iowa is gettin barbarded with snow... and more today and tomorrow.. so looks like we are gonna have a white christmas this year...
who wants to build a snow man??

Marshalltown, IA Weather Forecast

3:39 AM CST TUE DEC 23 2008

TODAY - Cloudy. A slight chance of snow in the morning - then a chance of snow in the afternoon. Not as cold. High in the upper 20s. South wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent.

TONIGHT - Snow likely. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Low around 15. Southwest wind around 10 mph shifting to the west after midnight. Chance of snow 70 percent.

WEDNESDAY - Cloudy with a chance of snow in the morning - then partly sunny with a slight chance of snow in the afternoon. Colder. High 15 to 20. Northwest wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT - Partly cloudy. Colder. Low zero to 5 below. West wind 5 to 15 mph shifting to the south 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Wind chill readings 5 to 10 below.

CHRISTMAS DAY - Partly sunny. A 30 percent chance of snow in the afternoon. High in the mid 20s. Southeast wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Lowest wind chill readings around 10 below in the morning.

THURSDAY NIGHT - Cloudy. A chance of snow and freezing rain in the evening - then a chance of freezing drizzle - rain and snow after midnight. Breezy. Not as cold. Low in the lower 20s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

FRIDAY - Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Not as cold. High in the upper 30s.

FRIDAY NIGHT - Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain and snow. Low 15 to 20.

SATURDAY - Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow. Colder. High in the mid 20s.

SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOW 10 TO 15. HIGH IN THE MID 20S.

MONDAY - Mostly sunny. High in the lower 30s.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DES MOINES IA

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoy x-mass time, Tina! [Smile]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. [Smile]
And... there's no snow where I am at all...

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bing Crosby - I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSupw-W8wnA

Merry Christmas, everyone!! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its cold here sky looks like snow the rabbit is loving it hes in and out hopping around not sure about the hedgehog he dont like the rabbit much nor does the cat i am sure my rabbit thinks its a cat ??
but the last 2days here its been very mild but to day very very cold .

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dreaming of a white Christmas? Tough.

You may be dreaming of a white Christmas this year, but you certainly won't be seeing one.

Forecasters expect Britain's skies to be filled with clouds but no snow.

Paul Mott, a forecaster with the Press Association's MeteoGroup weather division, said there was 'no chance' of a white Christmas for most Britons.

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damn lucky it will snow all week here.. its cold as hell here..well i woke at 5 am to start christmas dinner..i put a 20 pound ham in the oven and some stuffing and green beans and mashed potatoes and watergate salad...and brown and serve dinner rolls...
everyone better show up i am cookin so much..

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be there Tina...give me directions [Smile]

and merry white Christmas!! I wish we had snow here in Georgia..but it's just cold!

Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am coming tina . save some for me [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina, do you deliver???? lol, I am confined to the house for the duration of my recovery . . . so no xmas dinner for me . . . unless someone takes pity on me and brings it over, hehe!! OK, I guess I am dieting for the holidays this year. [Wink]

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by SherryBlueBerry:
I will be there Tina...give me directions [Smile]

and merry white Christmas!! I wish we had snow here in Georgia..but it's just cold!

welcome any time..
but i doubt since yall dont have snow it would not be easy for yall to drive in it to get here...
i like georgia but i hate the freeways...i have a friend in atlanta and i went to her wedding a few yrs back girl.. driving in atlanta was crazy scared the hell out of me...

Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 degrees here today and down to -2 tonight Brrr!!
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol -2, if we got that in Egypt my tits would fall off. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmmmmmm... i think mine have already [Wink]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
ya tues and wed our wind chill was -37....
its was so damn cold i never wanted to leave the house...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very chilly here and no snow. Kids went ice-skating again so they had some fun. But I truly can't wait for spring to start with warmer temperatures. I so can't stand cold weather.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Very chilly here and no snow. Kids went ice-skating again so they had some fun. But I truly can't wait for spring to start with warmer temperatures. I so can't stand cold weather.

me too i always say i want summer.. but when the heat comes i want winter.. its never just perfect weather here...
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
damn we had a beautiful dau yesterday and when i went to bed and woke we had a damn ice storm now its all ice outside... ewwww

--------------------

Member # 14517

Rate Member
it's goin to be - 7 at 6 am in manchester 2moro [Eek!]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stuff that for a game of soldiers!!!

It has just been on skytv that it wil be 19 in Cairo tomorrow and even noe we have all the heaters...

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
hell its been all ice here for the past 2 days.. i can ice skate on my driveway....we already went thru 2 bags of salt.. ewwwwwwwww

--------------------

Member # 14517

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
Stuff that for a game of soldiers!!!

my thoughts exactly i need a holiday home

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one in the Midlands you can use [Wink]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14517

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
I have one in the Midlands you can use [Wink]

it's too fekin cold!! [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
YOU DIDN'T STIPUALTE WHERE YOU WANTED THE HOLDIAY HOME....

I demand conciseness and preciseness

Member # 14517

Rate Member
precisessly how concissesly do you want me to be?
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
with precision accuracy ... precise concise. Like a swiss watch [Big Grin]
Member # 14517

Rate Member
somewhere anywhere hotter than here

but not EGYPT

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila*:

Well, -16 here at the moment...
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
That's a shame, my second offer was a Villa in Ain Sukhna lol...

Hey ho [Wink]

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're stranded in a motel in some godforsaken town in Colorado... looks like it won't be any better tomorrow..... just had the scariest drive of my life through Utah to get here... last night was minus 18 in Utah....
I HATE SNOW!!!!! [Frown]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mamasue:
We're stranded in a motel in some godforsaken town in Colorado... looks like it won't be any better tomorrow..... just had the scariest drive of my life through Utah to get here... last night was minus 18 in Utah....
I HATE SNOW!!!!! [Frown]

oo god me too..ours is clearing up and yall are gettin hit hard.. good luck...
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina... the scariest thing is.... the further south we drove to get away from it... the heavier it got....
I swear it's following us around!!! [Eek!]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila*:

Well, -16 here at the moment...
- 13°C in southern part of Belgium but -7°C here this morning at the coast [Razz] [Razz]
*DG dreaming of hot summerdays*

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Tina... the scariest thing is.... the further south we drove to get away from it... the heavier it got....
I swear it's following us around!!! [Eek!]

dont yall watch the news.. yall know colorado gets a sh it load of snow every year... god be with yall and drive safly,,,
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:

Me too!!

Although the crisp air is good for my lungs and the kids have fun in the snow too so it's not that bad right now!

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:

Me too!!
And ... summer holidays! [Wink]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
its way past christmas but we are gettin a blizzard today.. anyone wanna trade?

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry hun you can keep it [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
dang we got so much snow and we are still under a blizzard warning... ewwww i am truly starting to hate snow...

--------------------

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
holy crap i havent been outside in a few days so i wasnt sure how it was.. well lets say i wanna stay sick so i dont have to go out again.. the snow is knee high and its freezing.. even the heater in my car couldnt keep the windows defrosted...i went to bring my mom some milk and damned if i couldnt get into her house cas the plowed the snow all the way up to her door like 2 feet deep so i chunked the milk to the door and drove off...then i get home and cas the plow truck plowed to my drive way i got stuck.... screw this snow i wanna go back down south in louisiana my sister said its about 70 degrees now.

--------------------

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Biting cold hits Northeast

Associated Press - January 14, 2009 7:23 PM ET

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - The Northeast is bracing for a night of arctic cold that already has parts of the Midwest shivering.

Wind chills were way below zero last night and the actual temperature will plunge just as low by tomorrow night.

Vermont's Mad River Glen ski area posted signs warning skiers of frostbite. But only a few bothered showing up because it was 5 below zero.

Schools from Iowa to North Carolina opened late so kids would not have to be out in the coldest part of the morning. Some schools closed altogether.

Snow conditions are affecting travel. There was a 14-vehicle crash on Interstate 75 in Ohio. In Chicago, airlines canceled around 250 flights this afternoon at O'Hare International Airport because of poor visibility.

Honda canceled two shifts at three Ohio plants so their roughly 5,000 workers wouldn't have to risk the cold and slippery roads.
-17 degrees tonight i hve never seen it this cold in iowa since i have been here

--------------------

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
We have snow here in Belgium today. [Frown] [Frown]
I don't like that.
Cars sliding on roads, etc.

Anyone else having bad weather conditions???

DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a lot of snow here - hooray !!

it makes the streets look prettier

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
its been 30's and 40s here for 2 days but its damn cold today.. and we are gonna get snow its starting to flurry...

--------------------

Slewth
Member # 16166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slewth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tina, we're getting 3-6 inches tonight. THe high here has been in the low 20's.
Posts: 199 | From: ...under the radar.... | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
oo sucks all of the south is gettin ice storms
maybe its better i stay in iowa.....

--------------------

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
56°F | 32°F

yea finally its so nice i have my wenders open today......

--------------------

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
It's been 70 deg.F here the last couple of days.....lalalalaaa spring is in the air!!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's been 70 deg.F here the last couple of days.....lalalalaaa spring is in the air!!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Yep 75 degrees F here in Houston. AND humid, but better than any of that snow.
Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com