EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Is it acceptable to breast feed an UGLY baby

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it acceptable to breast feed an UGLY baby
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the Ayatollah Sistani (Iran) it is not acceptable (Makrooh) for a wet nurse to be ugly.

Marriage » How to breast feed a child

2497. It is recommended that the wet-nurse, whose services are obtained for a child, should be Shia Ithna-Asheri, sane, chaste, and good looking; and it is Makrooh for a wet-nurse to be a non-Shia Ithna-Asheri or ugly, ill-humoured or illegitimate. It is also Makrooh to entrust the child to a wet-nurse who has given birth to an illegitimate child.

So my question is: Who determines the wet nurse's beauty? The husband, the mother, the baby? And what if the baby is ugly? Is it acceptable to breast feed an ugly baby?

See for yourself right here.

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I certainly have never seen an ugly baby all my life, they are all so cute and cuddly and I love how babies smell. I truly can't get enough of them!! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I certainly have never seen an ugly baby all my life, they are all so cute and cuddly and I love how babies smell. I truly can't get enough of them!! [Smile]

Yes, but have you ever seen an ugly wet nurse?
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop reading this nonsense. [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Stop reading this nonsense. [Wink]

Perhaps you failed to detect the note of sarcasm in my voice. I do not read this nonsense - instead I find it absolutely hysterical. I enjoy picking through with a fine tooth comb and pulling out the finer points that make absolutely no sense, such as a woman can't breast feed a baby if she is ugly. Didn't you find that amusing, too?
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A woman who is giving brestfeeding, must at least have been pregnant.
A woman who has been pregnant, at least must have had one man.
One man who has been able to make her pregnant, so she hasn't been to ugly for that?
How can somebody be to ugly to give brestfeeding and not to ugly to get pregnant?
This doesnt make sense...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
One man who has been able to make her pregnant, so she hasn't been to ugly for that?
How can somebody be to ugly to give brestfeeding and not to ugly to get pregnant?

maybe he put a bag over her head when he got her pregnant?

maybe it was dark?

but who decides on the ugliness though, do they have an ugly committee to make the decision or does the baby decide? of course if shes blind she couldnt be a wet nurse anyway as no one can marry or impregnate a blind woman as thats haram. [Roll Eyes] [Cool]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

maybe it was dark?

but who decides on the ugliness though, do they have an ugly committee to make the decision or does the baby decide? of course if shes blind she couldnt be a wet nurse anyway as no one can marry or impregnate a blind woman as thats haram. [Roll Eyes] [Cool]

Exactly my point Ayisha! Who decides if the woman is ugly or not? Perhaps she must submit her photo for review by a panel of experts. But no one has answered the most important question yet: What if the baby is ugly?
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmm pretty wet nurses.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader-:
Mmm pretty wet nurses.

vader you get the ugly ones, soz [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by The Ministry of Common Sense:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

maybe it was dark?

Exactly my point Ayisha! Who decides if the woman is ugly or not? Perhaps she must submit her photo for review by a panel of experts. But no one has answered the most important question yet: What if the baby is ugly?
I think TL answered that one, there is no such thing as an ugly baby. God made babies small and cute so if they were found wondering in the jungle/desert/streets human beings have an inbuilt desire to care for them, same as kittens and puppies [Big Grin] Ugly babies do not exist.......hhmm my friend once had a baby that had a head shaped like a light bulb [Confused] but obviously SHE didnt think he was ugly and it did change as he got older [Razz]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A light bulb? He must have became a shiny man...were there also screws in his neck and did he have iron teeth?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
I know all babies are beautiful [Smile]

As far as the nurses go - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. [Cool]

But how does that saying go? He/She has a face only a mother could love. [Razz]

Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are there any more simpleton a*s rules in islam i should know about? like really, when is enough gonna be enough?
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Momma_Dukes:
are there any more simpleton a*s rules in islam i should know about? like really, when is enough gonna be enough?

Well, since you asked, there are several other rules you should know:

Fasting » Vomiting

1658. If a fly enters the throat of a fasting person, it will not be necessary to throw it out if it has gone deep down the gullet, and his fast will be valid. But if it has not descended deep down, it must be coughed out, even by vomiting, if it is not harmful to do so. If one does not do so, fast will be void.

Khums » Gems obtained by sea diving

1832. A person dives into the sea and brings out an animal which has a gem in its belly. Now, if that animal is one like a pearl oyster which usually contains a gem, he should pay Khums on it if it reaches the minimum limit in value as explained. And if it has swallowed the gem by chance, then as an obligatory precaution, Khums must be paid on it, even if it does not reach the minimum limit of the value.

1833. If a person dives in big rivers like Tigris and Euphrates, and brings out a gem, he should pay Khums on it if gems are usually produced in those rivers.

ENJOY!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com