EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » registering my baby when he or she is born in egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: registering my baby when he or she is born in egypt
badr eddin
Member # 16542

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for badr eddin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a muslim convert living in egypt and have a bit of problem.Maybe someone can advise me.I have married an egyptian woman in an islamic ceremony but the problem is she is pregnant and my final divorce peper may not be here from england by the time our baby is born.My wife says we may not be able to register the baby in my name as we cannot get our marriage certificate from the egyptian government until i have my final divorce papers from england.can anyone HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 2 | From: ElMAHALLA ELKOBRA | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Brother,

Since polygamy is allowed in Egypt you can take her as your second wife, and the baby can have your name!

If you got married in a mosque it may not be a civil marriage therefore not recognised by the embassy.

You'll have no problem in having a legal baby, a legal marriage in Egyptian system.

If you wish to legalise everything in the British system with you being the father:

1. You have to wait for your divorce to come through

2. Get a Declaration from the British Embassy that you are free to marry.

3. A mosque marriage may not be a civil marriage, so you may have to "divorce" your wife and re-marry her in the registry office.

4. Get it translated by a certified translator and (optional) deposit it to the British Embassy if you wish

5. Get your child's Egyptian certificate translated by a certified translator (which should have your name from the Egyptian System)

6. Along with your translated civil marriage certificate and other documents take it to the Embassy to get a British child birth certificate. You can also apply for a British passport same time.

You should be able to get marriage papers from the office because polygamy is allowed - being married to two women the same time is no illegal.

You can register the baby in your name too, you should have an Egyptian marriage certificate or a civil marriage certificate.

Your only problem may be step 6. I'm not sure if there is a 90 days time limit to register your baby with the embassy - hopefully your divorce will be over before that.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would contact the british embassy about how to obtain the citizenship for your child even if you're not legally married under british law.

otherwise, the baby will have no nationality - or have they changed the law that the baby can acquire citizenship via egyptian mother?

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badr eddin
Member # 16542

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for badr eddin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your reply its very helpfull.MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU AND GIVE YOU SAWEB.
Posts: 2 | From: ElMAHALLA ELKOBRA | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by badr eddin:
I am a muslim convert living in egypt and have a bit of problem.Maybe someone can advise me.I have married an egyptian woman in an islamic ceremony but the problem is she is pregnant and my final divorce peper may not be here from england by the time our baby is born.My wife says we may not be able to register the baby in my name as we cannot get our marriage certificate from the egyptian government until i have my final divorce papers from england.can anyone HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

your not divorced yet and got another woman pregnant already?

ya, she sure landed a good catch [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by badr eddin:
Thanks for your reply its very helpfull.MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU AND GIVE YOU SAWEB.

Ameeen! And you too brother.

As mentioned, please talk to embassy about your situation, get someone's name and 'befriend' them, by keeping regular contact asking any questions - it's their job. The last thing you want is missing any deadlines (Laws are always changing so fast now). Take care

Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com