EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » New to the forum.. questions? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New to the forum.. questions?
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still skeptical regarding the visa issue, since the USA is the dream of any Egyptian in this working age (25-40), the 'Great Escape'. [Confused]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worries.. I am skeptical on it too.

When the economy got really bad there, I offered to setup for the US sooner instead, and he turned me down.

But we will see..

Posts: 46 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MJ:
VISA issue.. hrmmm.. He has a valid US tourist visa, I have seen it, but has not used it. While we have discussed eventually coming to the US, we have also discussed moving elsewhere. Right now, the plans are to stay in Egypt for 1-2 years at least.

Do you see us all, standing in a line (with me in front because I knocked Sashy down), dressed in red, waiving red flags?

Do you know what it takes for an Egyptian to get a tourist visa? They have to prove they have money, BIG money in the bank, a long-term job, property, a family - things would make an ordinary person (say, for example, someone not desperate to escape from Egypt) to return to because the US government knows the probablility - not possibility - an Egyptian man who goes to the US on a tourist visa WILL NOT return to Egypt.

Not to be the sceptic, but those visas are so hard to get and many, many, many Egyptian men apply three and four times (and spend that kind of money) befor they finally figure out they don't have a snowball's chance in Hell that I find it hard to believe someone would actually get one and not use it.

Are you sure it wasn't a photoshopped version of someone else's?

Seeeeeeeeeeeeriously. My jaw is still on the floor.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is real... and yes his family has money.. and he has a good long term job. The visa was due to his families import/export business, and him needing to go to New York at one time to deal with a shipment.

This current visa is unused, since he has not had to return yet for that purpose. His prior US visa from 4 years ago, showed an exit and return.

He used to have more money than he does now. His own business went under a few years back. Just before he moved to Hurghada and got this job.

His passport shows extensive travel in europe and the middle east also.. up to about 2 years ago.

Posts: 46 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long is the validity of his US tourist visa??

Perhaps there was a previous sponsor involved helping him to get this visa?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MJ:
It is real... and yes his family has money.. and he has a good long term job. The visa was due to his families import/export business, and him needing to go to New York at one time to deal with a shipment.

This current visa is unused, since he has not had to return yet for that purpose. His prior US visa from 4 years ago, showed an exit and return.

He used to have more money than he does now. His own business went under a few years back. Just before he moved to Hurghada and got this job.

His passport shows extensive travel in europe and the middle east also.. up to about 2 years ago.

So that explains it.

Whew!

Hey, just so everyone knows, the red clothes and red flags weren't my idea. It was Sashy's. All of the bad ideas are hers.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
LOL... I am glad its a decent explanation, and does not raise even more flags. I would wonder more myself if I hadnt seen all the documents and papers first hand.
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stayingput:
quote:
Originally posted by MJ:

So that explains it.

Whew!

Hey, just so everyone knows, the red clothes and red flags weren't my idea. It was Sashy's. All of the bad ideas are hers.

*kicks stayingput off the highest cliff and down into the ocean were the she's pulled far and away by mammoth waves*
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Whew!

ditto

quote:
Agreed! [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJ:

So that explains it.

Whew!

*kicks stayingput off the highest cliff and down into the ocean were the she's pulled far and away by mammoth waves*
Before she drowns what was her previous username..I am confused .

MJ its sounding better with everypost, will try to get you a copy of the ID cards.

Do you know where in Alex they live? I have been living there last two years and have a fairly good idea now of the affluent areas if you want to check out if the family background is consistent with what they are saying.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJ:

So that explains it.

Whew!

temporarily here [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL very funny, haven't you got anything better to do ..........
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJ:

So that explains it.

Whew!

temporarily here [Big Grin]
*until now*

*drags Ayisha by her newly show-off hair pouring a bowl of humus all over it*

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Ok you two I will wait until I get it from the horses mouth.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

'tis true! [Frown] her user name was 'temporarity here' then she decided to stay so renamed herself 'staying put'

*slaps sashy and rubs garlic and butter linguine in her hair*

Thats what I just had to eat [Big Grin]

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
P.s Sash she was showing it off in Alex as well and it wasn't hot then [Razz] little rebble I think [Big Grin]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
P.s Sash she was showing it off in Alex as well and it wasn't hot then [Razz] little rebble I think [Big Grin]

[Big Grin]
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

'tis true! [Frown] her user name was 'temporarity here' then she decided to stay so renamed herself 'staying put'

Oh gosh yes I do remember now but wasn't it something before that...oh heck can't keep up with all the name changes, it's my age.

So you won't want my ham and mustard roll for your hair then [Razz]

stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh gosh yes I do remember now but wasn't it something before that...oh heck can't keep up with all the name changes, it's my age.

*STAYINGPUT who used to be JUSTVISITING and only ever JUSTVISITING climbs back up the cliff, dripping wet, and socks Sashy in her arm, leaving a big old welt.*
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
*spying from behind the bushes*
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Ok you two I will wait until I get it from the horses mouth.

[Eek!] hey staying put, penny called you a horse [Eek!]

*gets the rope ready for Penny* [Cool]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

*STAYINGPUT who used to be JUSTVISITING and only ever JUSTVISITING climbs back up the cliff, dripping wet, and socks Sashy in her arm, leaving a big old welt.*
just visiting is a bit like temporarily here though [Frown] at my age you cant remember everything word for word [Big Grin]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

just visiting is a bit like temporarily here though [Frown] at my age you cant remember everything word for word [Big Grin]
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Talking about horses ..no maybe not...here's the perfect answer to the hair problem Ay

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/fashionpicturegalleries/5569472/Royal-Ascot-2009-Ladies-day.html?image=6

MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
quote:

MJ its sounding better with everypost, will try to get you a copy of the ID cards.

Do you know where in Alex they live? I have been living there last two years and have a fairly good idea now of the affluent areas if you want to check out if the family background is consistent with what they are saying.

No.. I am not familiar with Alexandria at all.. but I will try to find out [Smile]

I have seen pictures of where he lived before, and of the family, but nothing I could use to identify location.

stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
*Covers up the ever-so-hot soaking wet bod, ties knots in the rope, socks Sashy in the arm again*

Pictures won't help because it's all brown and it all looks alike.

I'm in Alex, BTW.

MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
you would be amazed at what I can find out with an external picture.

I located a friend of mines home on a tiny island in greece, just from a picture of the beach from his balcony.

I am persistent if nothing else, lol.

stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
That may be so, but tiny islands in Greece don't have 370 dishes on each rooftop, either.

WTH, I'd be willing to poke around, too. Send me a private message if you have details you'd like to share.

MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
I didnt find it via a top down view, lol.

True.. it may be MUCH harder to find in Alex... larger area to deal with. Assuming I had the pictures in hand, which I dont.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

hey i was on my hols and didnt need to wear a label [Razz] i been here too long to go to the seaside and NOT have a bit of wind in my hair [Big Grin]

I miss Alex [Frown] [Frown]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Talking about horses ..no maybe not...here's the perfect answer to the hair problem Ay

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/fashionpicturegalleries/5569472/Royal-Ascot-2009-Ladies-day.html?image=6

a 4-foot long edible flake hat?? [Eek!] 2 mins on the portable oven to work and I would be covered in Chocolate [Big Grin]
MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
Wow.. what have you guys done to my thread? LOL
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MJ:

sorry MJ [Frown] it was sashy she always causes problems when we let her out to play [Big Grin]
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MJ:

Sorry [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
LOL.. its ok.. I am teasing. Thank you all for the wonderful welcome [Smile]
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least it is a fairly pleasant welcome . . . some ppl haven't been so lucky!!

Now, Sashy, go knock yourself off the cliff [Big Grin] and behave yourself!!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJ:

sorry MJ [Frown] it was sashy she always causes problems when we let her out to play [Big Grin]
*drags Ayisha by the hair all around ES board,kicking her into the Nile without any fellucca or mere boat in sight for her to cling to*
MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
HAHAHAHA... ok, so I have seen a few of you mention where you are. But now I ask.. where are you?

Maybe one day we can meet up for a coffee if I come through [Smile]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
*drags soggy self out of Nile and pushes sashy in just as a large cruiser comes past*

Im in sunny bloody HOT as hell Luxor [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
*Steering the cruiser, grinning*

I'm in hotter than Hell Alexandria.

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Ha ha Yes I hear Alex is unbearable.

Right now I am in UK, its lovely sunny 25 degrees with warm winds. I have Wimbledon on the telly and its just perfect......to say nothing of Roger Federa....sigh!, you can keep Egypt this time of year, [Razz] [Razz]

MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
awesome.. I tend to visit the UK every year too Penny.. so who knows? [Smile]

I am so ready to be done with the heat too.. but I know I wont get any relief when I move to Hurghada.

Ah well, from the frying pan.. into the fire.

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
I was in Sharm el Sheikh for 4 years and whilst the heat mid summer was way up in the 40's it was such a dry heat I never had any problem with it.
Sea breezes really help as well. Its when the wind turns and comes off the desert you feel like your living in an oven which is what Ayisha has got in Luxor and I have no idea how she stands it.
In Alex it's completely different its a heavy heat with so much moisture off the sea and I can't stand it...so hence in UK now for the summer.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Ha ha Yes I hear Alex is unbearable.

Right now I am in UK, its lovely sunny 25 degrees with warm winds. I have Wimbledon on the telly and its just perfect......to say nothing of Roger Federa....sigh!, you can keep Egypt this time of year, [Razz] [Razz]

*throws staying put overboard and steers cruiser over Penny* [Big Grin]
MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
quote:
I was in Sharm el Sheikh for 4 years and whilst the heat mid summer was way up in the 40's it was such a dry heat I never had any problem with it.
Sea breezes really help as well. Its when the wind turns and comes off the desert you feel like your living in an oven which is what Ayisha has got in Luxor and I have no idea how she stands it.
In Alex it's completely different its a heavy heat with so much moisture off the sea and I can't stand it...so hence in UK now for the summer.

Luckily Hurghada is a bit cooler than Lubbock in the summer.. and those sea breezes help too.

Dry heat up to almost 50c I can deal with (lets hear it for living in the Mohave desert for 5 years).

So, I am hoping my temp adjustment wont be too bad.. but its still a different place, so we will see.

MJ
Member # 16726

Rate Member
Its been a long time since I was on the board and gave you all an update.. so...

I have been back in egypt for 8 months. We are married (the legal way through the MoJ). I have been to Alexandria to meet the family (they are great.. mom and I get along famously). We have no plans to leave egypt anytime in the near future. In short, everything has been wonderful [Smile]

Have missed you all!

PS:
Oh yeah.. and to answer a very old question..

The family lives about 100-150 meters north of the Library.

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Now South of the library I can understand but North would have them living in the sea LOL or does the compass work the other way round in Egypt.

Welcome back MJ glad its all going well.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad that everything is going so well MJ. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and trust your instincts after all at the end of the day only you can know your man [Big Grin] There are good and bad men all over the world, unfortunately if you go by ES all the bad ones are Egyptian!
All the best for the future.

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason888
Member # 18138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jason888     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver Pandora Beads
Posts: 5 | From: china | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com