EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » why difficult to say yes or no?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why difficult to say yes or no?
I love you
Member # 16812

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for I love you     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have someone special from Egypt. We loved each other, then we broke up. Cause we cannot leave each others, we remain to be friends. Once time, I asked him to back to me, I just need answer "yes" or "no", but he cannot give me answer, he just said I will answer it later, inshaallah, cause he did not have good mind that time. Then I contacted him again, he avoided by giving me answer that he needed sleep. What exactly he means?
Posts: 2 | From: Somewhere | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunatelly that means no, sorry!
He might love you but he is perhapes commited elsewhere.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just imagine yourself as a cup filled with love. You offered him to drink from it, he did in first instance, but suddenly he doesn't drink anymore... No thanks, maybe later...

Can be because of fear, or just because he is not thirsty, also can be because he likes the idea that somewhere is that cup ready for him, as soon as he pleases...as a kind of back-up for difficult times.( And that is kind of selfish)

It is up to you what you're going to do with it.
Maybe someone else will pass by who likes to drink, or keep it strictly only for him...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I love you
Member # 16812

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for I love you     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thankssssss
Posts: 2 | From: Somewhere | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpilla
Member # 16147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
Just imagine yourself as a cup filled with love. You offered him to drink from it, he did in first instance, but suddenly he doesn't drink anymore... No thanks, maybe later...

Can be because of fear, or just because he is not thirsty, also can be because he likes the idea that somewhere is that cup ready for him, as soon as he pleases...as a kind of back-up for difficult times.( And that is kind of selfish)

It is up to you what you're going to do with it.
Maybe someone else will pass by who likes to drink, or keep it strictly only for him...

This is soooooo sweeeeeeeeeet [Smile]
Posts: 431 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by I love you:
I have someone special from Egypt. We loved each other, then we broke up. Cause we cannot leave each others, we remain to be friends. Once time, I asked him to back to me, I just need answer "yes" or "no", but he cannot give me answer, he just said I will answer it later, inshaallah, cause he did not have good mind that time. Then I contacted him again, he avoided by giving me answer that he needed sleep. What exactly he means?

Truly he's over with this relationship, he's done with you. The best thing you can do is to completely break off contact with him although I know it's such a hard thing to do when your heart is still longing for this one man.

I am hoping you'll get over your heartbreak soon. All the best. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe still working   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian men are (generally speaking) dramaqueens. He wanna keep you on the edge while it makes him feel his alive and has control.

It will be like that everytime it comes to make important descisions.

Posts: 1325 | From: For tooti http://www.csa.gov.uk/ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe he's drinking from another cup right now but doesnt want to throw your cup down the drain. maybe he has a fridge full of different cups and hes deciding which cup supplies the better flavour

put a lid on your cup and save it for someone who only needs your cup and thinks yours has the sweetest flavour [Wink]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tiger, there is no timeline for recovering from a broken heart...

And maybe, he is just being the mature one in an impossible long distance multi-cultural relationship and by refusing to string her along he is really actually loving her?

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a guy is interested he will let you know. Simple.

If he says he cannot reply cos he needs sleep the chances are he is just making his excuses to call it a day without actually having the balls to say it directly and honestly.

If he is playing mind games now I would just remember the good days and walk away, never give your heart to a man who is not willing to make it happy.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Lady Ferret, Cosmogirl, and Ayisha.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have noticed a lot lately that some of us use words that Egyptian men will use all the time like.. as u like. or asked him to back to me

just phrases like that kinda cute but we can all tell who has an Egyptian man..

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont tina, actually i hate 'as you like', dunno why it just makes me angry when i hear it.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
i dont tina, actually i hate 'as you like', dunno why it just makes me angry when i hear it.

oops will have to start saying Whatever again [Wink] [Big Grin] Or as i usually do flip my hand in the air
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That reminds me of the Egyptian Pharmacist who works in the chemist I always go to. Whenever I'm leaving he always says "Bye Bye have a nice time" I told him once I think he means to say have a nice day but he still says have a nice time every time I'm in there!!!
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila : ):
quote:

oops will have to start saying Whatever again [Wink] [Big Grin] Or as i usually do flip my hand in the air
I think "aya hagar" is the Arabic equivalent for "Whatever" So you could use that when you're in Egypt! [Big Grin]
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
quote:
Originally posted by Kalila : ):
quote:

I think "aya hagar" is the Arabic equivalent for "Whatever" So you could use that when you're in Egypt! [Big Grin]
[Big Grin] cheers
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iloveyou, your topic just reminded me of the movie I watched last night on the plane called "He's just not that into you". Please try to see it if you can and you'll understand what I mean.

Here's a little trailer for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IeXqvFR6HI

Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up. If a guy punches you he likes you. Never try to trim your own bangs and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. Every movie we see, Every story we're told implores us to wait for it, the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. But sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. How to tell from the ones who want us and the ones who don't, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think many women are making a mistake: they love a man as soon as he tells them he loves them. When the man isn't clear in that, they are starting to doubt. While that shouldn't be a reason to worry; after all it is about HER feelings regarding him ! It isn't about what does he mean...it HAS TO BE ABOUT WHAT SHE IS FEELING FOR HIM....
She isn't even mentioning that! If he loves her, she loves him, as simple as that. That isn't the right way. Thats' why I started the story about the cup. Her cup has to be filled with love, no matter if he drinks from it or not...
I think you all love your children, no matter how the child feels regarding you, isn't it? So, even if the child is angry to you, you love it.
Unconditional. And that's how her love for a man has to be.... She has to figure out what's in her cup...and for who it is...
When it is only for someone who loves her too,then she has to work on something wrong inside herself...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com