EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What did you want to be before you grew up?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What did you want to be before you grew up?
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was a child I had a lifelong dream of becoming a vet. My great aunt and uncle owned a farm and I used to spend a lot of time there during school holidays. I loved all animals and my dream was to become a brilliant veterniary surgeon.

When I was 16, my class had to spend a week doing work experience in a field of our choice.
So I chose to spend a week working with a vet.

My great uncle arranged with a friend of his who owned a practice.

The first two days were fine as we were in the surgery and then on the third day we had to go out on call to a farm where a cow was having problems giving birth to her calf. When we arrived the vet put on his rubber gloves and then stuck his hand inside the cow to check the calf. He then made me do the same!

It was the strangest most disguting experience I have ever had then or since and that for me was the end of my veterniary dreams.

I did not want to spend my life sticking my arms elbow deep in cow's backsides. [Eek!]

What was your childhood ambition?

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too wanted to be a veterniary - until one day I saw a dog get hit by a car- all i could do was run home and cry. I knew I would never be able to handle being a veterniary. I am too emotionial when it comes to seeing a hurt or injuried animal. Now people i have no problem with. lol

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My childhood-ambition???? I wanted to marry a prince! [Smile] He didn't need to have a white horse, but he had to be rich enough to make it possible that I ( his wife) never had to clean the house, cook food, and do all that boring housework-stuff. It was on reaction to my mother who layed pressure on me to learn to clean, cook, repare clothes etc...

Near that being the wife of a prince, I wanted to become a:
- hairdresser ( not allowed by daddy)
- artist ( not allowed by daddy, because artists are parasiting on society, he said)
- nurse

My goals from then are not reached... [Smile]

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was really young I wanted to be a Nurse, soon found I get sightly queezy at gaping wounds though, blood no probs, the cause of blood big probs.

From about 12 I wanted to be an actress, did a fair bit till I was 15 too. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to become an archaeologist. I went on couple summer excavation camps and loved the all the knowledge and all the experience I gathered. Unfortunately my school grades weren't too good to go off to university.

Later on when I was a teenager I wanted to become a pop singer. I took singing lessons for several years, even tried the guitar. My big idol was Susanna Hoffs , the lead singer of *The Bangles*.

http://www.cleavagedownunder.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/susanna-hoffs-07050604.jpg

Well all amibitions are gone by now but one good thing came out of it all: I named my daughter after her. [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was young I wanted to be a "Movie Star" later I decided on an "Oceanographer".

Now I am a "Graphic Designer" and I want to be something that gets me away from this computer. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few months ago a young girl told me that she wanted to become a pilot. BUT, she said, I want to be home every day at 5 PM, because of my children. I adviced her to become busdriver... [Smile]

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definitely to be a soccer player

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i was younger i wanted to be a model until i got pregnant. then i wanted to go in the army.but didnt finish high school and when i did finish high school they said i couldnt cas i had kids. so screw them to hell..so then i looked for a rich man to take caRE OF ME.. CRAP THAT WORKED OUT THE WORST CAS THEY ALL SOME BROKE NECK FUCERS HERE..nothin ever works out the way u want it too.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was ten I read lord of the rings, and since then I wanted to be a novelist. But, takes a while for that to be a full time job (if ever) and so I done journalism in university to quench to writing thirst.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up to be what i wanted [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ain't grown up yet [Big Grin]
Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pjanoo
Member # 16918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pjanoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to be a writer... but when I grew up I discovered I didn't have the patience!
Posts: 14 | From: Hurghada, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first i wanted to be a window cleaner ( I was young )

then a veterinary nurse

and then a beauty therapist.

odd choice i know

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like many i read wanted to b a vet, for as long as i could remember. even though i was allergic to some smelly cats and dogs. What finally broke the camels back was my careers officer at school told me i wouldn't get out of vetinary college till i was nearing 30! to which i thought my god 30...not married without children just starting work... NO WAY !! lol so i decided to change career get money fast and become a hairdresser lo and behold i didn't expect the next career change.....what i do now PMSL x
Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only ever wanted to be a horse!!!! [Frown]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leyte01
Member # 16584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leyte01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to be a nurse when i was a kid but end up being a hairdresser. I like my work. My daughter is the one that become a nurse with a four years degree in RN going for her nurse practioner. So in the end my dream still comes.
Posts: 16 | From: Philippines | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An Astronanut...walking on the Moon or a sailor...guess which one I eventually became [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamasue:

aww next time inshaAllah [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
An Astronanut...walking on the Moon or a sailor...guess which one I eventually became [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Sailor-boi [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:

a chef or restaurant owner? [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always dreamed of being a limo driver for the posh, get to drive the right cars, goes everywhere they go, eats lavishly, gets to screw the wife, daughters and all the latino females in the household..point is to synchronize and never get caught. [Cool]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the above [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
I always dreamed of being a limo driver for the posh, get to drive the right cars, goes everywhere they go, eats lavishly, gets to screw the wife, daughters and all the latino females in the household..point is to synchronize and never get caught. [Cool]

sure you didn't want to be a gigolo? there handsome [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dolphin redsea:
quote:

sure you didn't want to be a gigolo? there handsome [Razz] [Big Grin]
seems he didnt want to be one cas he might just be one..hes a ham with all the ladies her but sweeting words.. lololol///arent ya dzosser?
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to be an air stewardess, at that young age I thought their job was very glamorous [Razz]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
I wanted to be an air stewardess, at that young age I thought their job was very glamorous [Razz]

YAH... that was my daughter's ambition from a tiny age...
She's been on British Airways cabin crew for over 9 years now...
She loves her job.... but it's definitely not glamorous!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey YAH, I wanted to be a stewardess too. [Wink] I also dreamt about working in the music business many years ago (I love music).
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok..changed my mind, I wanted to be a tour operator in Luxor, Hurghada or Sharm..point blank, the rest is on ES.. pick your story. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Ok..changed my mind, I wanted to be a tour operator in Luxor, Hurghada or Sharm..point blank, the rest is on ES.. pick your story. [Roll Eyes]

tour operator [Eek!] what does that consist of ?
a ladies man for sure [Wink]

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Ermm..well basically a 'VISA'. [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Ermm..well basically a 'VISA'. [Big Grin]

[Eek!] want one? [Wink]
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamasue:

when i was about 7 i wanted to be Cheetara from Thunder Cats [Big Grin]
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumpy butt:
[when i was about 7 i wanted to be Cheetara from Thunder Cats [Big Grin]

OMG !! Cheetara you just reminded me [Big Grin] she was so cool me too x [Wink]
Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com