EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What REALLY makes a woman want to sleep with a man? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What REALLY makes a woman want to sleep with a man?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By Cindy Meston and David Buss

Last updated at 11:17 AM on 23rd September 2009
Comments (69) Add to My Stories

Is it true that a chap can laugh a woman into bed? Does he need to be tall, dark and handsome to stand any chance at all?

Today, in the second extract from the new book Why Women Have Sex, by psychologists Cindy Meston and David Buss, we reveal the features that make a man appeal to a woman, and why, are far more fascinating and complex than you could imagine...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1215420/What-REALLY-makes-woman-want-sleep-man.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayland
Member # 16060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote from article:

quote:

What sort of body does a woman find desirable? Perhaps the most obvious physical characteristic she looks for in a man is height.

Studies consistently find that women consider tall men to be attractive. In analyses of personal ads, 80 per cent of women state they want to meet a man who is 6ft or taller.

Men who indicate in their personal ads that they are tall have also been shown to receive far more responses from women.

Other studies show women prefer tall men as husbands and put an even greater emphasis on height in shorter-term sex partners. Women even place importance on height when selecting sperm donors.

Two studies also found that taller-than-average men tend to have a greater number of live-in girlfriends and more children, confirming their popularity for romance and reproduction.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1215420/What-REALLY-makes-woman-want-sleep-man.html#ixzz0S5JQnGUC

Interestingly enough, women often bash men for being "only concerned about looks." But if this research is true, the preference of women for tall men of a certain build, suggests that they too are or can be just as superficial as any man.
Posts: 73 | From: Bolville | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am concerned about looks to a certain extent... I mean, who wants to wake up with Quasimodo???

I look for intellegence primarily; a guy with multiple intelligences. I have no time for men who cannot join in conversations with an opinion of their own... With multiple intelligences they have the ability to both teach and learn making them the perfect guy to spend time with.

I also love humour be it sarcastic, dry, witty, instant... I love to laugh and have often found intelligent guys make me laugh the most.

On a shallow note, over 5'10 with fair hair and blue eyes...

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayland
Member # 16060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol.. Quasimodo would be no fun, neither would the infamous Medusa.

Well, if the article is correct then women latch on to the looks equation as well, height and all.
Do you think that men who look for women of a certain shape or height are superficial? And if so, would you apply the same in reverse and say that women who insist on a certain height are likewise superficial? In other words, would you apply the same standard to both sexes? I just ask this as a straight question, with no criticism of men or women either way implied.

Now on multiple intelligences, are you speaking personally or in general? I think there are a lot of males who are focused in one area, but who are quite capable of carrying on a conversation and quite witty, etc etc. Engineering or computer programming types for example are not all humorless geeks. (Some would exempt accountants). Nor are all male sports figures boorish and unintelligent. I think a lot more would enter into it that Gardner's multiple intelligences format.

Let me ask you also, how would you see popular romance novels along these lines? Some say the plots are pretty standard and one dimensional. He the handsome hunk with an air of arrogance, danger, and lust. She the rebellious gal who finds him insufferable and yet, after 200 or less pages, manages to let herself be captured. In other words, there are too many cardboard cutout figures the argument goes.

Challenge question of the day:

If you had to write your own romance novel, how would you work in your notion of multiple intelligences, while still keeping the expected "steam" quotient?

Posts: 73 | From: Bolville | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady Ferret says:

''I look for intellegence primarily; a guy with multiple intelligences. I have no time for men who cannot join in conversations with an opinion of their own.''

I can see it now, a man and a woman both with an IQ of 140 talking about politics and science as it regards ''truth''... just before the sex act. Who gets the headache first? [Big Grin]

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The womam [Wink]

I just cannot relate to people who rely on Google to convey their views and opinions, I like people who have opinions of their own and aren't adopted through either laziness or ignorance [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if one clings to mainstream academic disciplines then it's easy to not have opinions of your own. [Wink]
Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What REALLY makes a woman want to sleep with a man?"

Who bloody knows.

--------------------
Are we going somewhere or are you going to keep annoying me with your boring lectures professor-warrior??

Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *****     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL u been burnt clint

--------------------
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Posts: 564 | From: planet earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I find vodka helps [Wink]
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ hmm.

Vodka, money, swag, confidence, a nice car, a sense of humor, good-looking, etc

There is no one set of accepted answers, except I believe there is in fact one answer and that's the ability to get yourself in a woman's head and park yourself in there [Big Grin]

Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clint EastWood:
^^ hmm.

Vodka, money, swag, confidence, a nice car, a sense of humor, good-looking, etc

There is no one set of accepted answers, except I believe there is in fact one answer and that's the ability to get yourself in a woman's head and park yourself in there [Big Grin]

We are all different and there really is no right or wrong answer.

I can tell you what stops me wanting to sleep with a man if that makes it any easier!!!

Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Please
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
The obvious, selfish, arrogant, short temper, over critical, un-sociable, smoker, wedding ring, egotistical, classist, sexist, ignorant, unhygienic, boring, age, split personality... I could go on!!!!

I like down to earth guys who personality is stable and has the social graces to be allowed out in public!!!

I also dislike, charmers, smooth talkers and guys who try to woo me!!! I am not that easily won over [Big Grin]

Oh, and guys who cry don't impress me much...

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
I find vodka helps [Wink]

it really does, the grey goose was such a friend last night [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I was in Finlandia...

I don't get beer goggles thankfully... there are some horrors in my local!

Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
quote:
The obvious, selfish, arrogant, short temper, over critical, un-sociable, smoker, wedding ring, egotistical, classist, sexist, ignorant, unhygienic, boring, age, split personality... I could go on!!!!

I like down to earth guys who personality is stable and has the social graces to be allowed out in public!!!

I also dislike, charmers, smooth talkers and guys who try to woo me!!! I am not that easily won over [Big Grin]

You must be a lesbian then [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was in Finlandia...

ewwwww had some vodka from egypt ...never again..i will bring my own
oh and Clint NO LF isn't a lesbian [Big Grin]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You must be a lesbian then [Big Grin]
There was that rumour circulating the once lol... I just happen to be very selective and choosey [Big Grin]

Young, free and single does not equal gay [Wink]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by dolphin redsea:
quote:
I was in Finlandia...

ewwwww had some vodka from egypt ...never again..i will bring my own
oh and Clint NO LF isn't a lesbian [Big Grin]

I was a lesbian that night my brother changed my facebook status and I got 100 comments lol... mostly from ES folk!

Local vodka is bearable... bit like drain cleaner.

If I was a lesbian I am in the wrong country as according to some there are no lesbians in Egypt!!

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i remember that night ...you crazy girl [Wink]
$sonomod$
Member # 16818

Icon 12 posted      Profile for $sonomod$     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grumman:
Lady Ferret says:

''I look for intellegence primarily; a guy with multiple intelligences. I have no time for men who cannot join in conversations with an opinion of their own.''

I can see it now, a man and a woman both with an IQ of 140 talking about politics and science as it regards ''truth''... just before the sex act. Who gets the headache first? [Big Grin]

you are so from wisconsin, and I am not refering to madison wisconsin.
Posts: 514 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
You talking to me or Grumman?

DR, that night was hilarious, I nearly banjoed him for doing that...

$sonomod$
Member # 16818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $sonomod$     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Grumman, as in "Grumman of Midwest, USA" Wisconsin is in the Midwest of the USA.
Posts: 514 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Never heard of it... but I learned something new...
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:

you should have ...it was so funny..it reminds me of things i do sometimes while under the influence..well if i can remember [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Look at my new pictures of me kissing a cardboard ferret!!!
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Look at my new pictures of me kissing a cardboard ferret!!!

wack a nut [Big Grin] [Wink]
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ I don't EVER need to do that [Big Grin]

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
wack a nut sounds like a criminal offence
Wayland
Member # 16060

Rate Member
quote:
The womam [Wink]

I just cannot relate to people who rely on Google to convey their views and opinions, I like people who have opinions of their own and aren't adopted through either laziness or ignorance [Big Grin]

There are a lot of people out there with their own opinions that are quite misinformed, and quite ignorant.
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I did write an answer, but I got all flustered and had to go for a lie down so I decided not to post it [Wink]
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
wack a nut sounds like a criminal offence

well its because i am a felon remember
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:
Well I did write an answer, but I got all flustered and had to go for a lie down so I decided not to post it [Wink]

You're wrong mate. Except for waterfall part. [Wink]
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clint - you have me completely baffled!!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Yeah Mothers tend to have that effect [Big Grin]

quote:

Really?? [Big Grin]

How about a scenario where you were drowning and your best friend saved your life just at the moment you were about to die [Big Grin]

"Good Things Are Worth Crying For" [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtzM-wWKXe0

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:

quote:

Really?? [Big Grin]

How about a scenario where you were drowning and your best friend saved your life just at the moment you were about to die [Big Grin]

I played 4 seconds of the song and it made my ears bleed. I could not torture myself any further to listen to it.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Wayland:
quote:
The womam [Wink]

There are a lot of people out there with their own opinions that are quite misinformed, and quite ignorant.
This is very true...

I just have issues with Googlers. (is that a real word) ... they argue all day in someone elses words. Winds me up. At least in person I can physically hear the cogs turning and smell the rubber burning.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

quote:

Really?? [Big Grin]

I played 4 seconds of the song and it made my ears bleed. I could not torture myself any further to listen to it.
wow i acturally like it..
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Horses for courses [Big Grin] Personally I prefer alt/indie/ punk rock...
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
$sonomod$, what does this mean?

''you are so from wisconsin, and I am not refering to madison wisconsin.''

Is this one of those interstate verbal warfares you folks have in that area?

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He bought dinner. I was bored. He'll do the chores. The unromantic truth about why women sleep with men

By Flic Everett
Last updated at 7:44 AM on 09th September 2009
Comments (112) Add to My Stories

Not long ago, I was talking to a single friend about her recent conquest.

'To be honest, I only slept with him out of politeness,' she admitted. I was not surprised - as women's labyrinthine reasons for having sex go, that's pretty basic, stock-in-trade stuff.
Perhaps men will find that a little shocking, depressing even. But they shouldn't. Indeed, they wouldn't if we hadn't all been fed a Utopian myth that men and women have sex purely because they're crazed with lust for each other - or, in a long-term partnership, because they still adore each other.

'Yawn...Still, at least this means he'll take the bins out!'

Any woman past the age of 16 knows what idealistic nonsense this is - and finally, there's research to prove it. As the Mail reported yesterday, in a new book, Why Women Have Sex, 1,000 women were interviewed about their real reasons for saying 'Yes' when they could have said 'No'. Boredom, winning favours and to get rid of a headache were high up the list.
These results suggest that comparing the intricate physiological and emotional strata of the female sex drive with the blunt male urge to 'Just do it' is like comparing a tin opener with the Large Hadron Collider.

For most women, passionate desire languishes in the lower reaches of the list, somewhere below 'to get presents from him,' 'to shut him up' and even 'for fun'.
(It's striking that there's no mention of 'Because I was drunk', yet millions of men would testify to the fact that their chances sky rocket when a woman has had a few glasses of wine.)
Given a choice, girls prefer tall men with symmetrical features and deep voices - which suggests the female sex drive is, above all, evolutionary, because they believe such men will provide them with healthy children.
But once we've realised he's lacking in other areas or the passion has ebbed away, the reasons to have sex become far more mundane, or even acquisitive, such as 'So he'll take the rubbish out' or 'Because he took me for a meal'. The key finding of the book is that men are, on some level, physically attracted to most women, yet women are left sexually cold by most men.
In this light, feminism's eagerness to persuade women to have sex only when we experience knee-trembling desire seems naive. Endless books and articles have been written extolling our right to enjoy earth-shaking orgasms amid a whirring Rolodex of thrilling positions.
Taboo: Women are still swapping sex for perks and lying back for the sake of a quiet life
But they overlook the elephant in the room - long-term, a woman's sex drive is rarely equal to a man's.
On the whole, we are not instantly aroused by a glimpse of Calvin Klein waistband. We seldom engage in heated fantasies over semi-naked strangers. Pornographic magazines for women have invariably failed, because we don't respond visually or instantly to crass sexual stimuli.
Instead, female sexual response is as intricate as a weaver bird's nest - a complex interlacing of disparate feelings, needs and promises.
Initial physical attraction may be driven by simple hormones - but later in a relationship, the primary sexual mover for many women is a desire for emotional connection.
The old chestnut that men use love to get sex and women use sex to get love has some truth: men feel validated by sexual connection; women crave understanding and closeness.

More...Come back Nellie and Cissie: Women past it at 50 - it's nowt but tripe
Rachel Johnson offers a few home truths: Liz Jones, you're the Marie Antoinette of Exmoor
Rowan Pelling's sex advice column: I've found out my girlfriend's been faking orgasms for the past six years

They could spend hours exploring their own most complex feelings and their partner's deepest fears and joys - and watch him quake under the onslaught. Or they can engage with him physically and reap the emotional benefits of post-coital intimacy.
The book claims 84 pc of women have sex simply to keep their partners quiet or to get help with the chores.
You may feel shocked at the hint of prostitution - the bartering of our bodies for a bit of DIY - but within a committed relationship is it truly so different from any other trade- off which ultimately nets both participants what they want?
Women have always been practical when it comes to ensuring their comfort and security - and sex is an immensely valuable commodity.
Hidden agenda: 84 pc of women interviewed have sex simply to keep their partners quiet or to get help with the chores

Some women admitted having sex 'for presents' - but I suspect that the reasons behind that bald claim are more complicated. Many women who suffer low self-esteem, or have been damaged by male rejection or even abuse, feel validated only when they're admired.
Being given gifts in return for sexual favours isn't necessarily the hardnosed horse-trading it appears, given that plenty of the women surveyed also admitted to having sex 'so that men will like them'.
Often, women who grew up fatherless or who have had chequered relationships with men find they have no blueprint for relating to men any way other than sexually.
The authors also found that women have sex in a bid to 'win' - to poach a man from another women or to secure his long-term commitment.
Then there's 'jealousy' sex, which involves having sex with someone else to re-ignite a partner's interest. Callous, yes, but most of us are not above a certain amount of low-down scheming when it comes to sex.
Less shameful triggers for liaisons include the desire for peace and quiet, to cure a headache, even just to see how sex with someone new feels - and when you come to reasons like that, it's clear that we are a long way from champagne and flowers.
So, should we really be shocked by these findings? Some people will find them refreshingly honest, others depressing. They will bemoan the fact that 40 years after Cosmopolitan explained we were supposed to have orgasms, too, women are still swapping sex for household chores and lying back for the sake of a quiet life.
The truth is that we are all victims of our biology - the human race can prosper without women's orgasms, or even any enjoyment of sex, so we have to find other reasons to make love.
Whether it's for a new carpet, out of politeness, in the search for emotional intimacy, admiration or simply because we feel like it, the end result is the same.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1211794/Some-unromantic-reasons-women-sleep-men.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$sonomod$
Member # 16818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $sonomod$     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is, if you are from wisconsin take that damn trojan horse other known as "Favre" and stick it back in Green Bay's anus and out of our pleasant existance.

Thank you.

Back to our cabernet sauvaignon and gingered peppered steak, sorry for the colorful language, but I am corked.

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Yes, I understand now. By the way I'm from (northeastern) Ohio and it wouldn't matter if God played for the Browns they would still lose.
Wayland
Member # 16060

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
He bought dinner. I was bored. He'll do the chores. The unromantic truth about why women sleep with men

By Flic Everett
Last updated at 7:44 AM on 09th September 2009
Comments (112) Add to My Stories

Not long ago, I was talking to a single friend about her recent conquest.

'To be honest, I only slept with him out of politeness,' she admitted. I was not surprised - as women's labyrinthine reasons for having sex go, that's pretty basic, stock-in-trade stuff.
Perhaps men will find that a little shocking, depressing even. But they shouldn't. Indeed, they wouldn't if we hadn't all been fed a Utopian myth that men and women have sex purely because they're crazed with lust for each other - or, in a long-term partnership, because they still adore each other.

'Yawn...Still, at least this means he'll take the bins out!'

Any woman past the age of 16 knows what idealistic nonsense this is - and finally, there's research to prove it. As the Mail reported yesterday, in a new book, Why Women Have Sex, 1,000 women were interviewed about their real reasons for saying 'Yes' when they could have said 'No'. Boredom, winning favours and to get rid of a headache were high up the list.
These results suggest that comparing the intricate physiological and emotional strata of the female sex drive with the blunt male urge to 'Just do it' is like comparing a tin opener with the Large Hadron Collider.

For most women, passionate desire languishes in the lower reaches of the list, somewhere below 'to get presents from him,' 'to shut him up' and even 'for fun'.
(It's striking that there's no mention of 'Because I was drunk', yet millions of men would testify to the fact that their chances sky rocket when a woman has had a few glasses of wine.)
Given a choice, girls prefer tall men with symmetrical features and deep voices - which suggests the female sex drive is, above all, evolutionary, because they believe such men will provide them with healthy children.
But once we've realised he's lacking in other areas or the passion has ebbed away, the reasons to have sex become far more mundane, or even acquisitive, such as 'So he'll take the rubbish out' or 'Because he took me for a meal'. The key finding of the book is that men are, on some level, physically attracted to most women, yet women are left sexually cold by most men.
In this light, feminism's eagerness to persuade women to have sex only when we experience knee-trembling desire seems naive. Endless books and articles have been written extolling our right to enjoy earth-shaking orgasms amid a whirring Rolodex of thrilling positions.
Taboo: Women are still swapping sex for perks and lying back for the sake of a quiet life
But they overlook the elephant in the room - long-term, a woman's sex drive is rarely equal to a man's.
On the whole, we are not instantly aroused by a glimpse of Calvin Klein waistband. We seldom engage in heated fantasies over semi-naked strangers. Pornographic magazines for women have invariably failed, because we don't respond visually or instantly to crass sexual stimuli.
Instead, female sexual response is as intricate as a weaver bird's nest - a complex interlacing of disparate feelings, needs and promises.
Initial physical attraction may be driven by simple hormones - but later in a relationship, the primary sexual mover for many women is a desire for emotional connection.
The old chestnut that men use love to get sex and women use sex to get love has some truth: men feel validated by sexual connection; women crave understanding and closeness.

More...Come back Nellie and Cissie: Women past it at 50 - it's nowt but tripe
Rachel Johnson offers a few home truths: Liz Jones, you're the Marie Antoinette of Exmoor
Rowan Pelling's sex advice column: I've found out my girlfriend's been faking orgasms for the past six years

They could spend hours exploring their own most complex feelings and their partner's deepest fears and joys - and watch him quake under the onslaught. Or they can engage with him physically and reap the emotional benefits of post-coital intimacy.
The book claims 84 pc of women have sex simply to keep their partners quiet or to get help with the chores.
You may feel shocked at the hint of prostitution - the bartering of our bodies for a bit of DIY - but within a committed relationship is it truly so different from any other trade- off which ultimately nets both participants what they want?
Women have always been practical when it comes to ensuring their comfort and security - and sex is an immensely valuable commodity.
Hidden agenda: 84 pc of women interviewed have sex simply to keep their partners quiet or to get help with the chores

Some women admitted having sex 'for presents' - but I suspect that the reasons behind that bald claim are more complicated. Many women who suffer low self-esteem, or have been damaged by male rejection or even abuse, feel validated only when they're admired.
Being given gifts in return for sexual favours isn't necessarily the hardnosed horse-trading it appears, given that plenty of the women surveyed also admitted to having sex 'so that men will like them'.
Often, women who grew up fatherless or who have had chequered relationships with men find they have no blueprint for relating to men any way other than sexually.
The authors also found that women have sex in a bid to 'win' - to poach a man from another women or to secure his long-term commitment.
Then there's 'jealousy' sex, which involves having sex with someone else to re-ignite a partner's interest. Callous, yes, but most of us are not above a certain amount of low-down scheming when it comes to sex.
Less shameful triggers for liaisons include the desire for peace and quiet, to cure a headache, even just to see how sex with someone new feels - and when you come to reasons like that, it's clear that we are a long way from champagne and flowers.
So, should we really be shocked by these findings? Some people will find them refreshingly honest, others depressing. They will bemoan the fact that 40 years after Cosmopolitan explained we were supposed to have orgasms, too, women are still swapping sex for household chores and lying back for the sake of a quiet life.
The truth is that we are all victims of our biology - the human race can prosper without women's orgasms, or even any enjoyment of sex, so we have to find other reasons to make love.
Whether it's for a new carpet, out of politeness, in the search for emotional intimacy, admiration or simply because we feel like it, the end result is the same.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1211794/Some-unromantic-reasons-women-sleep-men.html

Hmm, interesting article. Women swapping sex for perks? Impossible some readers would say. Its all about deep emotional connection or at least the thrill of sex.

To some men the female behavior above may actually be preferable. They don't want to go through 5 hour discussions of sensitivity, and talk about feelings, although this is recommended by some therapists as the proper way for today's enlightened male to behave. They just want to get it on. If they can score without a lot of drama, then hey, so much the better. Do women shrewdly understand this and give in, thus creating leverage for greater control or advantage later?

According to Dr. Laura's "The Proper Care and feeding of Husbands' wives should be more than willing to take care of their men sexually because it actually enhances their power and influence in the relationship. On the face of it it seems that threatening to withhold would work better, but according to Laura willingness actually increases female power. Could this be true? Wouldn't the constant giving in make the female position weaker?

Dr Laura wrote of course for Western women. How would the equation work in a country such as Egypt or other Arab lands?

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As whiskey is distilled with pure spring water you have to wonder about Egyptian whiskey, wtf [Confused]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Some women use guys for sex... they let blokes think they are in control [Wink]

My Mum is drinking local rum at the mo... you do get used to it.

YAH, I was in Nepal and found Everest Whiskey, I thought this would be a nice gift for my family so I got a few small bottles. I didn't read the back 'made in Scotland' !!

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Some women use guys for sex... they let blokes think they are in control [Wink]

My Mum is drinking local rum at the mo... you do get used to it.

YAH, I was in Nepal and found Everest Whiskey, I thought this would be a nice gift for my family so I got a few small bottles. I didn't read the back 'made in Scotland' !!

[Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$sonomod$
Member # 16818

quote:
Yes, I understand now. By the way I'm from (northeastern) Ohio and it wouldn't matter if God played for the Browns they would still lose.

For some reason I've never met someone from Ohio who rubbed me the wrong way.

Our volunteer office support person at the place where I volunteer is such a nice person she's from Ohio. I feel incredibly bad for her though, she has a year in which to do her term, and the two paid employees are such c*nts. I'd think I'd go crazy if I were her. Such a sweet person, her eyes just glaze over and she holds her breath when those two act up.

Minnesotans used to be more like the people I have met from Ohio. Things have changed and people in my state have taken a turn for the worse.

I've always liked your people.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by $sonomod$:
quote:

For some reason I've never met someone from Ohio who rubbed me the wrong way.

Our volunteer office support person at the place where I volunteer is such a nice person she's from Ohio. I feel incredibly bad for her though, she has a year in which to do her term, and the two paid employees are such c*nts. I'd think I'd go crazy if I were her. Such a sweet person, her eyes just glaze over and she holds her breath when those two act up.

Minnesotans used to be more like the people I have met from Ohio. Things have changed and people in my state have taken a turn for the worse.

I've always liked your people.

oh dear God [Roll Eyes]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com