EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Shisha smokers face impotency, infertility warn Egyptian doctors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shisha smokers face impotency, infertility warn Egyptian doctors
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mohssen Arishie-Staff reporter

Shisha smokers are being warned that, even if they use their own plastic filter tip, they could still face health issues. These tips were recommended by tobacco companies in collaboration with café owners, in light of the growing anti-smoking campaign.

A reliable source in a Cairo-based environment-friendly agency, which watches over industrial projects, confesses that he was appalled to discover that these plastic filter tips are manufactured from medical waste. The 'shisha war' took a new dimension when, determined to deaden the doctors' outcry, owners of popular cafés and coffee shops started serving their customers a disposable 75cm-long tube to be used only once. The tube costs the customer an extra LE3, or more in the smart cafés in upmarket residential areas.

Doctors have come up with their warning as everyone forgot all about the anti-smoking drive once the holy fasting month of Ramadan began. Physicians and health officials are also worried because so many teenagers smoke shisha (water-pipe).In the Muslim countries, including Egypt, consumption of shisha tobacco, known locally as me'assel, doubles or even trebles in Ramadan. Minutes after breaking their fast at sunset, Egyptian shisha smokers rush to cafés, hotels and coffee shops to relax with a shisha. This exotic smoking mechanism has become so popular in Egypt that more and more cafés are providing their customers with water pipes.

Egyptian doctors are very concerned about the threat of shisha to people's health, as new studies deny that these plastic tubes stop diseases spreading.But the smokers don't seem to care. Ahmed Shafiq, an accountant, says that he feels quite safe as long as he uses the disposable tube. Ibrahim Farag, who describes himself as a shisha addict, says he'll never kick the habit.Professor of Chest Diseases and Allergies Mohamed Sedki of Al-Azhar University's Medical School urge teenagers, both male and female, to quit bad habits like smoking for good. Dr Sedki stresses that most people over 20 who never give up will die of lung cancer. He also warns that women who smoke could have deformed babies. “Worse, female shisha addicts can become infertile, because smoking destroys hormones stimulating fertility,” he adds, warning male smokers that they only have themselves to blame if one day they become impotent.

The Egyptian Gazette
Today

http://www.egyptiangazette.net.eg/gazette/home/detail_2_25.shtml

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband has shisha cafe, but he doesn't smoke shisha, but sometimes he is in the cafe around the smokers, what about the smoke produced from shisha itself? it also dangerous as cigarettes?
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, it's second hand smoke after all. Then again the air in Cairo is already badly polluted so I guess it won't make a big difference.

Glad to have you back on here, CC, how are your twins coming along??? [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh so busy with them, Aura is calm and sensitive and Aurel is so noisy. Their faces change now!
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh how sweet and how did you come up with their names?? So unique for Egyptian babies okay half-Egyptian babies.

I just checked quickly on the meanings, is it correct??

Aura: wind, breeze
Aurel: golden

Have fun with them. Post a pic of your cuties if you like or send me by PM. I'd appreciate it. I am sure you make a fine mama!! [Smile]

Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
I will think in that [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com