EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Those with Egyptian mixed children...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Those with Egyptian mixed children...
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a question as this has been bugging me for a while now.
Those of you who have children that are half Egyptian, what do you put them down as on those "ethnic" tick box forms?
Signed up for my local child centre, and I had to give ethnic origin of Zain, Sam and myself. Easy enough for me, I'm always the first box "white british".
Howeer, Sam and especially Zain are a bigger problem. There is no Middle Eastern box for Sam to tick, and the only African box is "black african". Also, if there was a Middle Eastern box, would Zain fall into that one, or would he still be "mixed other" (after all, he is as much middle eastern as he is white british, so don't think he can pick one or the other).
My poor baby has no box [Frown] lol

And, another lil question, does any of your children have that Mongolian blue spot? I didn't realise Egyptian children got it, but Zain has a faded one right on his lil bum.

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi wk,

First i put hubby as 'other' there is usually a place to write 'egyptian'. My children are put in the 'other mixed' i may put egyptian/british if there is a place - either way it does really matter, put whatever you feel happiest to put. You don't HAVE to put anything if you want, it's your right.
As for the spot my middle daughter had a massive one and at first i thought she had hurt herself! Lol then realised what it was, it faded with time (around 2)
Hope your fine and enjoying your little family. [Big Grin]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
......isn't Egypt part of the African Continent?

I put my little one as white/african. or mixed if there isn't many options. but in my experience the list of tick boxes are getting bigger!.... (if i'm in a bad mood i tick the 'mind your own business' box)

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_spot

sorry girls had to look up what the spot was

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
End_of_the_Road
Member # 17199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for End_of_the_Road     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:

And, another lil question, does any of your children have that Mongolian blue spot? I didn't realise Egyptian children got it, but Zain has a faded one right on his lil bum. [/QB]

I don't have an Egyptian child and I am not Egyptian, but I do come from a family where almost every child is born with Mongolian Spots. Most of the time they will fade out after a few months and it could take up to a few years.

For instance, my nephew lost his when he around 5 years old. And in some cases, Mongolian Spots are retained for life. I wouldn't worry about it too much as they are quite common and the chances are very high that they will just disappear on their own. [Smile]

Posts: 3 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My little boy has two quite large Mongolian blue spots on his bottom, and they were noted in his red book by the midwife when he was born. He's nearly 1 and they're not fading at all yet, they look like bruises [Frown]

I always write British/Egyptian wherever there
s space, but usually tick the Other mixed box if there is one

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaxly
Member # 14523

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shaxly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put Mediterranean in other!
Posts: 99 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why ask the question? What difference does it make?
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesnt make any difference to WK I'm sure... but we have to fill in forms for statistics etc
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there isn't a box suitable that is what the 'other' box is for. Most EO forms have 'if other, please state' printed on them. The boxes stipulated are generally the most commonly needed ones.
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sharmooooota ta ta:
It doesnt make any difference to WK I'm sure... but we have to fill in forms for statistics etc

I'm not talking about WK, I wondering include that question in their questionnaire. What difference does it make?
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure I understand your question 9 but I am thinking you are asking why do we have this question on the forms originally...

It is for Equal opportunities and statistics as previously mentioned.

In employment law in my Local education Authority (LEA) we had to provide a breakdown of the ethnicity, age, and gender of all staff to ensure we were being an equal; non-biase employer. In my previous role which was funded by the Community Fund I had to provide statistics on who had used the service we were providing to ascertain trends, supply and demand and highlight problems that may occur.

The form has no impact on WK in any way shape or form, the information is for the receiver.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

they use them for statistics...what kind of people are living where.
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

The kind of people who breath air.
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

This reminds me of the visa application form at the mugamma. Why do they ask you to state your religion? I always ignore that question ... it's none of their business!

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I answer it and lie as I heard that one Brit wrote 'none' and got denied a Visa...
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!

I have never had any troubles for leaving it empty, never been asked to fill it out either. [Wink]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I think putting 'beerism' as a Religion may be offensive [Wink]
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know those ethnic things are not important, I just hope being "mixed other" wont annoy Zain when he is older.

Talking about religion... when I registered Zain at my local docs when he was about four weeks old, on the form (which was specifically a childs joining form), they asked for his religion. I thought it a bit silly and left it blank. He has only just worked out where his fist is, let alone wondering wherever there is a god or not!

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
to_hell_and_back
Member # 16710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for to_hell_and_back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pick white Caucasian. She was born in America thru my white caucasian body.
Posts: 59 | From: killadelphia | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amer had a mongolian spot on his bum, and has a kiss shaped birthmark in brown on his left thigh.
Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com