EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Paperwork needed to marry in egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paperwork needed to marry in egypt
VivMo
Member # 17250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for VivMo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all!
Me and my Egyptian fiance are planning to marry in March. I have just made an appointment with the registry office to get a certificate of non-impediment for myself for the beginning of March. I know I need to get this legalised by the Egyptian consulate, but do I first need to get it legalised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office?? Or is the fact that it's from a registry office legal enough??? Also, I'm divorced, so do i need to get the decree absolute legalised at the Egyptian Consolute and F and C Office first? And also, all the details on the certificate have to be 100% correct without a single spelling mistake for his name/address etc, with the translation, maybe spelling mistakes could happen with the address. Argh, stress!
Anyone got any experience they can share to help me feel less stressed and better prepared? I've had a quick look through the older post but haven't noticed what I need.
thanks x

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Vivmo I can help you with part of your query, I was married at the MOJ in Cairo in April this year and you definitely do not need a certificate of no impediment. I know this because I was told by the British Embassy (I'm an expat living in the UAE) in Dubai that I needed this and actually this no impediment certificate is only necessary for marriages taking place within Europe...you can find all the info regarding what you need if you check a topic I wrote this April titled "who said getting married in Egypt was Easy"

Someone else will be able to advise you re the divorce question as this is my first marriage so not sure about that

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VivMo
Member # 17250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for VivMo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found in the consulate of egypt website that this certificate can be used, or a statutory declaration in Cairo...arrrrgh.this is so stressful. i have seen the british embassy in egypt website though and there is no mention of the certificate of non impediment.
Thanks for ur reply x

--------------------
Viv

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome, but the stress will really start when you get there and you have to run around getting things translated.....Good Luck and Congratulations on your marriage [Big Grin]

Another piece of advice for you, do not do not bother getting dressed up for when you go to the Mogamma it's a dirty hell hole and every lady on here who was married there will confirm there is no point, just wear your jeans

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nasto
Member # 17091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasto   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
do not do not bother getting dressed up for when you go to the Mogamma it's a dirty hell hole and every lady on here who was married there will confirm there is no point, just wear your jeans

Absolutely! I could not even believe my eyes how filthy the place was [Big Grin]
Posts: 132 | From: Alex | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent my divorce paper to the FCO to be notarised. You can order and pay for this on line then send it off special delivery.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com