EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » A question for couples

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A question for couples
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this would be an interesting topic to open for discussion because I once had this conversation with some Facebook friends. For couples all over (not just in Egypt) who handles the finances in your family - the husband or wife?

Who is better at managing money, balancing the checkbook, paying the bills, saving, etc?

If both are working do you maintain seperate control over your own salaries or do you put it into a joint account?

Not trying to start any arguments here, just trying to get different opinions on what seems to work best for everyone's situations and see how cultural influences affect the handling of "finances".

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Hassan
Member # 15069

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Hassan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I handle everything. Much better as managing things and i know what needs to be paid.
No joint account, we both know who earns what so I get a monthly sum from my husband.

--------------------
MRS HASSAN

Posts: 129 | From: In the land of plenty | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I handle everything also. We don't have a joint account either. We go half on the bills.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ex thought bills were optional [Confused] So I tended to to deal with all the bills then I knew they were paid. I guess I was so used to being in control [Big Grin] I am taking quite badly as hubby is Mr sensible. So now alot of the bills are being paid on the internet by him. Other bills I pay, it just depends. When he was working he would give me money every week for the bills and food shopping. It is nice to feel that it's a joint responsibility. [Smile]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only one person does the complete financially business, but that has to do with skills, and ( a financial ) background. In case of very important decisions the other one has to agree.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a joint acc. for bills and stuff, and our private accounts for salary and personal money.
Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com