EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Hints, indirect requests, for money.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hints, indirect requests, for money.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not about me, of course, but there are some (young) women, who are in love with an Egyptian. Not thát long, so they don't know how to classify the subtile hints or indirect requests for money. They cannot even say it is a request or not...
The situation: met a man, went home, stayed in contact with MSN, skype, phone, whatever. He is complaining about the difficult life. The mothers and sister who are in need for money, while he isn't able to give that. The regrets he feels about that, because he feels he should be able to give them what they need.
How sorry the women feel for him. Should they give him money?
Or,better said: how to react in this case, specially when it seems to happen often. Every time again the man is complaining, and every time again the women don't know how to deal with it.
Some are asking it directly: Do you want me to send you money? Of course in most cases the answer will be NO, but the complains don't stop.
They could ask what the men expect from them, or perhaps react in another way.
They could end the conversations because they expect they have met a wrong one. But they don't know for sure, and their feelings are strong, so they don't want to stop, really...
So, here there are all expierenced women. How do you advice to handle in such cases?

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tell him yes it is difficult times all over the world, credit crunch etc, and why doesnt he try to find a job/2nd job/3rd job to make things better. he is fishing, he will say no at a question like 'do you want me to send money' because he wants her to insist and send it anyway. It will continue even if she does, there will be more and the mothers operation and the sisters babies and and and......... sorry doesnt matter how long it takes you gotta dump him, preferably while you still have your home job and bank account.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he cant support himself out there,I doubt very much he be able to support anything else he is promising her.The only feelings he has got is Money £ in his eyes, no decent man will ever ask for money not even a loan!!! Once she starts sending money thats when he will expect more and more because he knows she can afford to sent.
I've seen that happen.If a realtionship is strong then they both will work at it together.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately there are women out there who will hand money over on a sob story. They haven't read ES obviously [Big Grin] I think too many are blinded by the over whelming behaviour of some guys and rush into a relationship without giving it a reasoned thought. If a guy is genuine he will never ask money from her.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen people fleeced and still pronounce BMID.

Spongers are spongers whatever colour their bassbort. I blame sunstroke as I cannot fathom why anybody would hand cash over to a dude with a shite job and no prospects!

If a guy asked me for 10,000le I would ask him to save 2500le himself first, send it me and I will forward the difference... let's see how 2-way trust goes (google credit unions [Wink] )...

I agree with YAH, if a guy is genuine he will never ask for cash and even be too proud to approach the subject.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never give more than you can afford. You read stories about women handing over their life savings and then fighting to get it back, though it will never happen. I think if you would need it back, then you shouldn't hand it over in the first place.
So if a woman wants to give a man money, fine, up to her- but I don't have sympathy if he runs of with it and she desperately needs it back.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dilemma
Member # 16672

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dilemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you weirdkitty.
Posts: 133 | From: egypt/usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
however..........I was asked once for a loan, not by my lerve interest but a friend of his. 8000le [Eek!] and I got every piaster back without a fight and only 2 weeks later than he promised [Big Grin] If I had it I would lend him again if he needed it. Different to the 2 'good friends' from UK I have lent money to and never seen or heard from them again [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lent money to a man who had to take his wife to Aswan for breast cancer treatment. He paid me back every penny.

But there is also the aspect of charity. If you donate part of your money to oxfam or similar then you could donate it to a more personal worthy cause, where you know the people concerned.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you lend a friend 20 quid and you never see him again it was probably worth it.

Never a lender or borrower be, that's my motto.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hell some women have fuc me stamped on their foreheads... or stupid...

if a man cant hold a job or doesnt wanna work he is worthless. thats what men are for to support us women. if he cant do it he can get the hell out....

well they are good for eatting at the y too. no licky no sticky..

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I just think the title of the thread indicates we are discussing sly bastards who cannot come out and ask for money but worm their way into your bank account. I have found over the years that people who befriend you with an alterior motive in mind aren't worth peeing on!

These dudes who take cash from women are not interested in these women as people, they are walking ATM machines to them.

If I had a friend for a long time I would help out but a random dude I met on hol.. yeah right. Pull the other one it might play you a cool tune!

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
I just think the title of the thread indicates we are discussing sly bastards who cannot come out and ask for money but worm their way into your bank account. I have found over the years that people who befriend you with an alterior motive in mind aren't worth peeing on!

These dudes who take cash from women are not interested in these women as people, they are walking ATM machines to them.

If I had a friend for a long time I would help out but a random dude I met on hol.. yeah right. Pull the other one it might play you a cool tune!

"Ulterior"
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The initial phase of a relationship (development phase) is one of the most beautiful aspects of courtship. Money should never, ever, play any role in this phase of the relationship. But that's the rule and not the exception. Throw in desperate women and desperate men and you get this very scenario that's discussed in this thread. If these women could only understand that one of the fundamental aspects of a man is PRIDE. Sure Egyptian men have it hard but they always manage, as most Egyptian families do.
They smell a 9 to 5 sugga momma when they see one and they go for theirs.

These relationships are really a match made in heaven because who would want beggars? Answer: Desperate women.

It's not like they can attract anything better when their aim is so low. If you can't find love when you're hot, then you can't find love when you're not.

Note: "Hot" is a relative term and used poetically here [Big Grin] When a woman is confident, has her game on, that's hot. So it's not just a nice butt and nice smile type of hot. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
why is it that every woman who has an Egyptian man, whether husband of bf, is assumed to be DESPERATE? Every fecking time a relationship is discussed it is always 'desperate' women [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
why is it that every woman who has an Egyptian man, whether husband of bf, is assumed to be DESPERATE? Every fecking time a relationship is discussed it is always 'desperate' women [Roll Eyes]

Please stop being so desperate.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Don't forget we are old and incapable of finding a man in our own country which makes us desperate [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha, if you are looking for a fight, I am not biting. [Big Grin]

So please pick synonym for desperate to describe these women if it makes you happy. The confident women .i.e. non-desperate women are the ones that go to Egypt for holidays, have a good time and return home.

The desperate ones are the ones who get suckered in by these money hungry dudes. It is as simple as that. I think they are just so estatic to have found a man that is interested in them that they will settle for anything just to keep in contact with a moment of “romance” that they experienced on their Egypt holiday.

It's this attachment to losers that makes them desperate and trying to justify could well be a woman thing, I really don't know. But I mean come on.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be a generation difference. Money never has been an issue between me and my hb, as long as one out of two had enough to do what we liked.
The one who had the money payed,no problems with that.
As soon as we were married it became shared belonging, whith on 50/50 bases.
So, we were used to share, everyone did it like this.
I mentioned the next generation is thinking in a different way. A young woman I know is not going on a holiday because her bf didn't save, and she refuses to pay for him.
"I have to work for my money as much as he does" she explained " and if he is not prepared to save for a holiday, I won't give it to him"
We would have done this in another way. The one who has the money pays, as long as there is balance, of course.
The problem is, that someone who is used to live this way, will think the same when her bf is Egyptian. He will have his pride standing in between, so normally he wouldn't even consider asking money from a woman. While she would be happy to share, because she is used to thát!
She wouldn't even consider the possibility that he is taking advantage...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
It's this attachment to losers that makes them desperate and trying to justify could well be a woman thing, I really don't know. But I mean come on.

I think what you're talking about is the counterpart of Captain-save-a-ho Syndrome, Ms-save-a-loser Syndrome.

Some women like a project and end up with some loser, whiny ass man-child in the hopes of "fixing" him, enabling her to pat herself on the back later and say "ooh, I did it, I fixed him, go me!".

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Mmmmmm Interesting, so most Egyptian men are losers [Wink]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:

I think what you're talking about is the counterpart of Captain-save-a-ho Syndrome, Ms-save-a-loser Syndrome.

Some women like a project and end up with some loser, whiny ass man-child in the hopes of "fixing" him, enabling her to pat herself on the back later and say "ooh, I did it, I fixed him, go me!".

[Big Grin]

I couldn't agree more!

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Yes, what, are you new here?

edit: this is @ YAH

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

So please pick synonym for desperate to describe these women if it makes you happy. The confident women .i.e. non-desperate women are the ones that go to Egypt for holidays, have a good time and return home.

The desperate ones are the ones who get suckered in by these money hungry dudes. It is as simple as that. I think they are just so estatic to have found a man that is interested in them that they will settle for anything just to keep in contact with a moment of “romance” that they experienced on their Egypt holiday.

no im not looking for a fight but your post says it all. If a woman goes on holiday and comes home without falling for a man, shes confidant. If a woman goes on holiday and falls in love shes desperate and hes a money hungry dude. [Roll Eyes]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
quote:

no im not looking for a fight but your post says it all. If a woman goes on holiday and comes home without falling for a man, shes confidant. If a woman goes on holiday and falls in love shes desperate and hes a money hungry dude. [Roll Eyes]
Ayisha, stereotypes of any kind kinda bother me as well, but they exist for a reason. However that does not mean there are people however small in number that absolutely do NOT fit any stereotype at all. Hence in my above post I said some women, not all.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

A woman is not desperate for 'falling in love' it happens all the time. It's a beautiful thing [Big Grin]

A woman is desperate when she gets played into supporting Mahmoood, Ahmed and Hagga Hiba in less than a month after meeting her Egyptian man.
[Big Grin]

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
quote:

Yes 4 years new [Big Grin]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
quote:

Yes 4 years new [Big Grin]
Get out! Desperate old wench [Big Grin]
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Ooh a wench! Better than an old woman,hag,crone. Thankyou young man. Oh and I'm not falling for your Egyptian charm because I'm desperate by the way [Big Grin]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Ooh a wench! Better than an old woman,hag,crone. Thankyou young man. Oh and I'm not falling for your Egyptian charm because I'm desperate by the way [Big Grin]

But.....but.....but my mommy's terribly sick she needs gender reassignment surgery [Frown] [Frown] I've always wanted to be a good son and commit incest with my first cousin, have retarded babies, and fulfill my mommy's life long dream of becoming a male orangutan [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] Please help, it's only costs 6, er, $15,000 USD [Frown]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOLD UP!! You know how half of Egypt is named: Mohamed, Ahmed or Mahmood. And for females very popular names are Hiba, etc

If the names I used to illustrate my point matched names that are of importance to anyone here, it was purely coincidental, meaning it was not directed at anyone in particular. I simply used those names for the sake of using them as they are popular Egyptian names.

I am writing this because this sh!t has happened to me before on ET, when I repeatedly used the name Mahmood and some member PM me and said "stop talking about my husband" [Big Grin]

[Big Grin]

That is my disclaimer!

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Oh I love orangutans [Smile] Who do I make the cheque out to [Big Grin]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

But.....but.....but my mommy's terribly sick she needs gender reassignment surgery [Frown] [Frown] I've always wanted to be a good son and commit incest with my first cousin, have retarded babies, and fulfill my mommy's life long dream of becoming a male orangutan [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] Please help, it's only costs 6, er, $15,000 USD [Frown]
I am desperate enough to fall for that but you're too old to be a toyboy VB, soz.
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

But.....but.....but my mommy's terribly sick she needs gender reassignment surgery I've always wanted to be a good son and commit incest with my first cousin, have retarded babies, and fulfill my mommy's life long dream of becoming a male orangutan [Frown] Please help, it's only costs 6, er, $15,000 USD
I will save you VB. [Big Grin] I had not idea that you were in such dire need of help. [Frown] You know me, always the humanitarian. [Wink] Can I make it in monthly installments? [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com