EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Anybody have any arab friends in USA gotake up the translator job in the Army?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody have any arab friends in USA gotake up the translator job in the Army?
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a few questions before I make a decision...

This shnook singer friend of mine, Mike (Mohamed lol) decided to give up singing and performing (despite my pleas for him to continue cuz hes good at it) to take up the opportunity blasted all over ART America to get paid $125,000 or some sh*t like that to become a translator in Iraq for the US army. Im not keen on it since I had a dear Jordanian pal do it and he got creamed over there, which was pretty tough to take.

Anyway...
So Mike needs 3 references that are American citizens and has asked me to be one of em. I was going to say sure when he then told me the officers doing the reference checks may have to come to my house and interview me...
that part Im not cool with. I dont like any kind of government official coming into my house....yea, Im known for breakin' the law in my past, and Im scared these people will wanna dig into my life. My family was in the Philadelphia mafia and I was taken from my home and put into foster care because of it and I m scared they are gonna open up that can of worms too and then start pestering me for unsolved past crap or whatever...basically, Im scared of drawing attention to my whereabouts and stuff like that but really want to help this guy out since he needs the green.

He offered me 15% of the money if I do it (all of which of course I demanded up front because if he gets popped off over there, well, Im paid)
but all of that aside, If its not a big deal, and they only have a few things to ask in a location outside my pad Im cool with it.

Anyone know anybody who did this?

Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, first off they are checking HIS background and references, not yours. I have a Gvt job and when I got my TS Clearance I endured a similarly horrifying background/reference check. What they will do is come over, ask you how long you've known him, what is your relationship to him (I'd leave off that you are doing this for money), about his character, and blah dee blah. That's it, they don't dig in your stuff, they don't interview about YOU. However, HE is gonna go through it big time. All his neighbors, work contacts, banking records, travel history, religious affiliations, driving and criminal background checks, rental history, financial history, I can only offer this advice for him, good, bad, or ugly he needs to tell the truth about each and every part of his life because they won't disqualify him for anything other than LYING about his story. The can shake him out of alot of his bad habits, but they sure won't be able to change a liar into anything else.
So you have very little risk other than you are doing this in exchange for money. They will just ask how long you've lived at your address, where you work, and how you know him. No verifying any of it except details about you knowing him, and your answers need to match his. Good Luck!

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey good to see you back on here!!

Listen don't do anything what you don't feel comfortable with.

I would think that he got many friends who could give a recommendation.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hell no they wont dig in yr past only his. they only call u and ask u how long u known him and all kinda questions about him. they wont go to yr house either.when chris went in they only called me. none ever showed up. and army is army no matter if he will be a translator or not..

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 1st hand experience with this but I'm at work and gotta go for now. Will PM u later..

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Momma_Dukez, I sent you a PM. Hope it answers some questions.

And yeah, Tina, Army is army and the guys are soldiers 1st, MOS (military occupation specialty) is 2nd.

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malimaz
Member # 17616

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malimaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is correct, I had a friend also enter into it and his background was reviewed and they dont really dig up anything on the references but he has to know that first and foremost he is a soldier and will be sent in right away, and it can be more dangerous for him being an Arab and joining the American army they look at it as a traitor. The money sounds all good in all but in the end is that all your life is valued at?

My question to you though is.... you must not be a close friend if you are more concerned with getting your money in advance in case he gets POPPED OFFED? Thats a sad comment!

Posts: 108 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com