EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » looging for information

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: looging for information
lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovelife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, am trying to find out if anyone has had experiences with this chap. We met on yahoo, talked for a few months, he declares his passionate love for me. Before I tell story would like to hear if anyone knows him. His name is Essam and a Lawyer in Cairo. I have a picture of him will try and post it.
Posts: 14 | From: In confusion | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovelife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that should read looking for information. How do I post pictures?
Posts: 14 | From: In confusion | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.tinypic.com
upload it and paste the url here

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click here:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=13

Then start a topic or just post in one of the threads already there and use this code:

[IMG]post your image link here[/IMG]

Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/s1uv01.jpg[/IMG]
lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
does this work trying to post link. cant upload for some reason, help needed
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fixed it.
Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is he a Copt??
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lovelife:
Hi, am trying to find out if anyone has had experiences with this chap. We met on yahoo, talked for a few months, he declares his passionate love for me. Before I tell story would like to hear if anyone knows him. His name is Essam and a Lawyer in Cairo. I have a picture of him will try and post it.

Cairo is a big place, can you narrow down his location?
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he is cute go for it. whats the worst that could happen?????take ur time do not rush into anything and get to know him more before u go all in. seems ur asking questions if anyone knows him. well i guess u do not trist him. so not whats yr next move?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tommy 70
Member # 17183

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tommy 70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
give us more info about the story? how did it begin, where are you from, how old are you both ect....
Posts: 37 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy 70:
give us more info about the story? how did it begin, where are you from, how old are you both ect....

Yes,do please,we are pretty bored on this board and need some action. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
Didnt come on here to provide action HEHE. Wanted to know if anyone knew him. He is believable in his words also read many stories about con men. Anyone can be nice for a week's visit.He wants us to live together when I'm there we do some sort of unoffical marriage makes it right in god's eyes. Can people really fall in love through words exchanged on net?
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you could Google 'Urfi' and take a look at what is involved in the marriage.

If a guy wants to marry you when you are only here for a week sounds very very bad to me. The marriage he is offering you is basically a sex paper.

I don't believe in love online... I am aware others do but I like my life to be real so I can use all my senses... not just my eyes.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Didnt come on here to provide action HEHE. Wanted to know if anyone knew him. He is believable in his words also read many stories about con men. Anyone can be nice for a week's visit.He wants us to live together when I'm there we do some sort of unoffical marriage makes it right in god's eyes. Can people really fall in love through words exchanged on net?

yes [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Lawyers are the biggest con men in Egypt. Take care the few decent ones ( and there's not many) would never ask for an ORFI marriage from an internet relationship. Asking for an ORFI marriage is a bit like asking you to be a prostitue and the way he wants to do it does not make it right with God. Tell the guy you want to meet his Mum and Dad before you can even consider such a step and see what his reaction is.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To see mom and dad won't put down a love affair if you know what I mean..then of course con men's moms and dads are usually dead or missing since childhood. [Frown]

You wanna test him ? Try the poor girl thing and tell him you're indebted to the taxman or something and you're looking at 1-2 years in the slammer if you don't come up with like two grand by next month..see if he really loves you. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
To see mom and dad won't put down a love affair if you know what I mean..then of course con men's moms and dads are usually dead or missing since childhood. [Frown]

You wanna test him ? Try the poor girl thing and tell him you're indebted to the taxman or something and you're looking at 1-2 years in the slammer if you don't come up with like two grand by next month..see if he really loves you. [Roll Eyes]

I know this is shallow and callous but I have to agree... find out whether you are his gold or his glory...
lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
His gold, he doesnt have any money. Think he is leading me up the garden path. Thought lawyers were rich!!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
This site shows the average salary for a Lawyer in Egypt... standing at 2684 le per month (£322).

http://www.bayt.com/en/salaries/search-results/?salaries_job_title=lawyer&salaries_country_iso=eg

Age, experience, duration of service and field will all have factors on his income. What about his expenditure, does he have an ex wife? children? Does he support his family?

Do his family know about you?

Rich to him may not be the same as rich to you and I.

lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
he has ex wife and children. He is round 40 years old. He tells me half truths is the feeling I get. Not positive about anything now. Which is the reason I posted to see if anyone knew him or had dealings with him. Long shot I know.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I guess you just have to trust what your gut instinct is saying...

A 40 year old lawyer divorcee with an ex-wife and children.... I am telling you now, he will never be rich with an ex-wife and children as the minute she finds out he is with a westerner she will make numerous demands and try to use you as a cash cow.

You didn't say what part of Cairo he is from...

lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
cheeky hv sent u pm
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ex-wife??

He probably is very much with her together.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure the ex-wife will be a source of drama in some way, probably financial. If he's a halfway decent lawyer he'll make enough to pay school fees. Let him know you can't be with a man who won't give his children the best education he can afford.

If that doesn't make him run, tell him you want to know how many other orfi contracts he has in his possession. Know that it is your right to know.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malimaz
Member # 17616

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malimaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with CF and Tiger; first here in egypt most lawyers work as secretaries or admin officers, the higher educated (ones with money) are the successful ones but as mentioned lawyers in egypt are some of the biggest con men. Orfi marriage forget it, that is just his way of justifying sleeping and using you. Asking to meet his parents or asking for money are steps to see his honesty towards your relationship and I highly doubt that he is divorced!!! Show me the proof baby! lol Look girlfriend, there are a handful of good ones here but they will not ask you to marry them in less than a week or on a short visit here you must take your time and relationships require multiple visits to know that you are compatible in real life not just virtual.
Posts: 108 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
And there are good ones, it just so happens they aren't talked about as much! If I didn't live here and only read what was posted on here I would never leave the apartment or talk to anybody lol...

I know a couple of Lawyers... they are ok as friends but I have never fell for the words they spout.

lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
more I think about it more my gut feeling says he is stringing me along.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
u know when u think about divorce in egypt its doesnt sound all that common.. so u also need to ask yrself y is he 40 and divorced what did he do? if he wasnt a good husband then y would u bother?

--------------------

lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
he told me Egyptian women are cold, thats why he divorced
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:

and did he give u the reason she was cold with him? i bet it has somethin to do along the lines of net. online.. western women..allnight online.maybe a cafe... hhhhmmm i never take a mans word for the divorce..hes always wrong.

if u like this guy u will never know how he is unless u test drive him for yrself. we online people can not tell u how to live yr life. we can advise u of what could happen or what ever etc...

Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he doesnt match the appearance and mentality of an educated egyptian man. the educated ones marry egyptian woman their own age and have no problem with them...they dont look for love online...nor do they pronounce immediate love without even meeting.

he;s a bum, lose him....ive been in this game since i was 13...i know what im talking about. i have their ways down to a science.

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malimaz
Member # 17616

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malimaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to necessarily bring religion into the picture but it can also be a key point, someone else had asked if he was coptic (christian), my co-worker is coptic and she was telling me that once they marry they never divorce unless in the most extreme cases, so if his wife was "cold" would not be an accepted reason.

However, regardless of the religion I am sorry a man that divorces his wife cuz she is "cold" and walk away from his family and established life, hmmmmm red flag. So how long will his nearing midlife crises and urges last, how long will it be before you are considered "cold" and he moves on?

Another thing you can do, to test his trust is if you know if he has any accounts like netlog or facebook, or even in yahoo or msn, create a fake ID with fake pictures etc and begin talking to him and get his story. You will see his true colors, and most likely he has many other female contacts in different countries that he is also stringing along, they almost always fall for this bait if they are not sincere.

Good luck

Posts: 108 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
What has the world come to that we have to set traps and ensnare men to discover if they are telling us the truth...

How you can tell a man's education from a 3cm sq picture also baffles me.

We are all quick to judge the stuff that is impossible to find out from one paragraph or one picture... are folk on here psychic??? Innocent till proven guilty seems long gone!!! and some folk in the UK wanna bring back hanging... my word!

My suggestion, dig deeper, find out more info before you lose a guy who may not be as bad as made out. Malimaz is right.

Set up a Facebook Account or get a friend to add him. You won't be the first lass to have doubts and check the guy out via a different route.

But asking strangers to judge him on little info and a tiny pic doesn't seem like a good way to decide whether you devote any more time to him or not.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by malimaz:
my co-worker is coptic and she was telling me that once they marry they never divorce unless in the most extreme cases, so if his wife was "cold" would not be an accepted reason.

This is absolutely true. There is only like three reasons or so Coptic Christians are able to divorce: adultery, deceit, conversion..... the cousin of my ex was allowed to divorce because her husband was a complete drug wreck. She tried to remarry after several years but faced huge problems with the church; she wasn't allowed.
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Red Flag!
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
what do you mean Dalia by Red Flag
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
LL... how's it going? [Smile]
lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
think he is a con artist by what I can find out.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
LL... how's it going? [Smile]

PLEASE dont call her LL!! I still have nightmares about that woman. Long before your time ferret, but wounds are still there. [Mad]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
hey, do I have same name as another member
7seas
Member # 17708

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7seas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how old is he and you?
Posts: 173 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hey, do I have same name as another member

nooo, but shortening it to LL you DO!

*shudder*

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovelife
Member # 17694

Rate Member
its not a question of age, I am younger so its not older woman. He sounds so genuine but see red flags now.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
LL LL LL LL LL [Wink]
death86
Member # 17709

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for death86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guys , start to feel this forums is alittle fun
not as boring as you was saying
I am glad that we met here

cheers

Posts: 7 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
LL LL LL LL LL [Wink]

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

you really are not nice [Frown]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
LL LL LL LL LL [Wink]

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

you really are not nice [Frown]

According to one source I am actually a biatch [Big Grin]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
According to one source I am actually a biatch [Big Grin]

I wouldnt go that far, but I have not heard you sing yet [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com