EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Marriage sponsor letter? Any help girls ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marriage sponsor letter? Any help girls ?
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All For those who got their husbands to the UK can u help me a bit ??

i have to write the letter to go with all our info and want to make sure i don't forget to add anything of importance.
So can anyone give me a brief description (bullet points) of stuff i should write about.....
I know i have to add

how we met and how long in relationship, how many times we met
My work and fact i can support him with my family
....wat else LOL

Sorry girlies ain't got long to complete it but im a swift one on essays [Wink] Help much appreciated x x MM77

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry no need to reply seems i managed to source a fantastic letter off my brain cells and a sample i found online [Big Grin]
Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MM! do my college essay will ya??? sorry can't advice [Razz] but thought i'd pop in and make my presence known.

good luck! xx

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001527

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by murray-mint77:
Hi All For those who got their husbands to the UK can u help me a bit ??

i have to write the letter to go with all our info and want to make sure i don't forget to add anything of importance.
So can anyone give me a brief description (bullet points) of stuff i should write about.....
I know i have to add

how we met and how long in relationship, how many times we met
My work and fact i can support him with my family
....wat else LOL

Sorry girlies ain't got long to complete it but im a swift one on essays [Wink] Help much appreciated x x MM77

MM77 by any chance is this a settlement visa or a tourist visa?
Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to move to Denmark. Can someone write me a letter for a settlement visa to Denmark? Thanks.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think MM77 is talking about a settlement visa, as thats the one where you need to write letter outlining your relationship. I've had both visas and I only needed to do it for the settlement visa.

The only reason we decided to move to the UK in the first place was because we thought we'd have no chance of getting another visit visa for him to be with me when I have the baby (this would have been his third visit visa) now that he is married to a UK citizen. As apparently visit visas are harder to get than spousal visas.

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dont know if this would help [Confused]
http://www.ajarnforum.net/vb/life-in-the-uk/28979-letter-of-invitation-for-a-uk-visa.html

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dubai Girl...I was just thinking about you - wanted to ask how your dog is? Did she make the journey ok? Have you visited her?
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here ya go CQ

Member # 15488

Rate Member Icon 1 posted May 17, 2010 12:01 PM Profile for Dubai Girl Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Finally got my dog flown over from Dubai today. She landed at Manchester this avo and it was touch and go whether she would because of the stooopid ash cloud and the fact that Manchester Airport was closed yesterday and only opened early hours this morning. Thank goodness it's all over, what with my flights being cancelled and rearranged and all the drama I had just to get into the UK two weeks ago I was starting to think I'd never see my husband or dog ever again!

So much drama we have had to deal with in the last month. All sorted now though!

So now I am officially happy as my dog is safe and sound and staying in quarantine for a few weeks then we can collect her. I'm loving the English Weather as it is being nice today. I have finally managed to stop driving on the wrong side of the road and into the path of oncoming traffic when I turn at junctions and I'm spending most of my free time in Asda and Sainsburys buying up all the lovely fresh ready meal type things that you can't get abroad.

I have 4 weeks exactly until D Day so will continue to enjoy stuffing

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went and visited her on Friday. My mother came with me as it involved a cross country drive to the quarantine kennels to see her. It took us 8 hours there and back because of my need to have about 15 restroom stops due to my poor bladder being unable to withstand any pressure. [Big Grin]

Everyone was telling me not to go, which is sensible given how heavily pregnant I am but I really wanted the dog to see a familiar face. I won't be visiting anymore now and she is being delivered to us end of June so not long.

It was so nice to see the dog. Her little face lit up (as much as a dog's face can!) when she saw me. It was really really hard leaving her but I know it won't be long before she's home and I have so much stuff to focus on so it's easier not having the dog as I'm still staying with my parents until my house is ready. That's before I've started furnishing it and all the other million and one things I've had to deal with since I got back to the UK.

I have discovered that moving abroad for more than 2 years really messes things up when it comes to things like NHS and benefits. (I'm not talking unemployment benefits, though I wouldn't qualify for these either) Everything depends on your past two years contributions to tax and national insurance. I have been told by the hospital I'm having my baby in that I may have to pay for my hospital treatment. The fact that I have never claimed any benefits in my life and paid tax and NI for 10 years consecutively before I left does not count. I spoke to the DHSS and inland revenue regarding pregnancy grants as there are various one off payments given to uk citizens when pregnant (health in pregnancy, surestart grant etc) and because I am neither working nor claiming benefits I am entitled to nothing at all. Interestingly if I was an asylum seeker, so long as I'm learning English I would be entitled to 67 GBP per week income support as well as a free house along with housing allowance and would get free healthcare, dental care and eyeglasses!

Anyway, whatever, I didn't expect anything I was just seeing if there was anything I could get any help with while I'm pregnant as prescriptions etc are supposed to be free while pregnant and for a year after, but not in my case by the looks of it.

Speaking of babies, I had my first (UK) scan on Thursday cos they wanted to check the placenta was in the correct place. All was fine and baby is upside down and in the proper position. My baby is currently weighing in at 7lbs 2oz and according to the sonographer she has never seen so much hair on a scan image. You could actually see the line of hair around her head on the scan picture.
This disproves the old wives tale my mother told me about having pregnancy heartburn means the baby will have hair as I've had no heartburn at all. [Wink]

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com