EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Is he lying-how can I check?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is he lying-how can I check?
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been contacted by a woman here in the U.K who is married to an Egyptian. He traveled to Cairo last week and she has seen a pic on his cousins FB of him with a woman signing a nikah certificate. The next pic shows him hugging her from behind (spoonyish). She confronted him and he claims it is his sisters marriage ceremony and the woman is his sister and the pics have now been removed. Is there any way of checking his claim (marriage registry? ect.)? Sorry if it is a bit vague, thanks for any help.
I don't want to involve my husband because then I will have to tell him why I need to know.

Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why would he be signing his sisters nikah certificate and hugging his sister from behind unless he married his sister?

I suppose she could try the local court but why didnt he tell her he was going to Cairo for his siters wedding, if it is his sister? It is normal to tell your wife your sister (her sister in law) is getting married and it is normal for the Egy woman to have pics of her and her husband, not her and her brother. I have seen many many wedding pics here and not ONE were NOT of the man and his wife. Its not the same as in UK where you have pics of the whole crowd, not from what I have seen anyway.

I would say 99% certain the guy now has an Egyptian wife. Was he in UK with his British wife before he travelled to Cairo?

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firstly, she is married to him and doesn't even know what his family looks like?
Secondly, I second what Ayisha said. You do hear many stories of Egy men passing their wives off as their sister. This all sounds very dodgy and I wouldn't trust him.

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is staying at my house at the min cause she is freaking out. I agree with you guys...something is fishy. But I don't know if there is anything she can do to check...here she could just check with the registry office or something...not sure if there is a procedure there. Whole situation bites...I feel for her [Frown]
Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did she save the pictures? I hope so.

We went to a wedding party last summer and there were pictures taken of groups - him and his best buddies, her and his sisters and mother, the both of them with out of town guests - however, it was a rather lavish, hotel affair so the photography budget was probably larger than average.

That said, I have NEVER seen a wedding picture of the bride and her brother cuddled up. Most often weddings are a rather formal affair and the rules of decorum apply.

If that really was his sister, why were the pictures taken down?

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Hassan
Member # 15069

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Hassan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stephie_ELH:
I have been contacted by a woman here in the U.K who is married to an Egyptian. He traveled to Cairo last week and she has seen a pic on his cousins FB of him with a woman signing a nikah certificate. The next pic shows him hugging her from behind (spoonyish). She confronted him and he claims it is his sisters marriage ceremony and the woman is his sister and the pics have now been removed. Is there any way of checking his claim (marriage registry? ect.)? Sorry if it is a bit vague, thanks for any help.
I don't want to involve my husband because then I will have to tell him why I need to know.

Why doesn't she just ask the family or send a mail to the person on facebook, saying congratulations, and see what they come back with! Most familys wont like to hide this sort of thing if he has married again and someone will tell the truth.
Not that I want to be negative, but i hope your friend met his family etc before going down the path of marriage? This is a really important thing to do. I never understand why we choose to marry someone whose family we dont know or have never met, we would not do that if we were marrying someone from our own country. Believe me egyptian familys come first and if he has a good family, they will say if he is married or not.

Posts: 129 | From: In the land of plenty | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

He may have witnessed the marriage and was happy for his sister.
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with WK... weird that she doesn't know what his family look like.
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The next pic shows him hugging her from behind (spoonyish).

Seems to me that this man must be really close with his 'sister'. [Cool]

Btw, isn't your own husband still in Cairo?? Do both men know each other??

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As she probably doesn't speak or read arabic the only way she can check is to engage a lawyer to do it for her. They will need his full name and ID number. Unlike UK the marriage registry is actually all computerised centrally.

In the UK you have to know which district the person was married in so its actually harder to check than Egypt!

There's a list of lawyers on the British Embassy site, well worth paying for peace of mind.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with kitty. Strange that she has never met the sister. If it was a long lost cousin i would understand but the sister?

It also sounds strange that the photos are now not there. If it were so innocent why remove the photos from FB?

Sorry Steph, doesn't sound too good to me :sad:

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the pictures were removed straight away, then this is a sign theres something to hide.

I would of thought your friend's husband would of told her that his sister is getting married???? Sounds like he has got married and wants to hide it by telling her its his sister.

Maybe i'm wrong i dont know but i would not trust anyone who i had doubts about.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiquita
Member # 17764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiquita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get yourself down to Cairo asap to check for yourself! That'll soon put the family to shame.... The English wife turning up whilst neither of the wives knew knew of each other!

And that's coz I'm pretty sure it is what u think. Muslim adults never spoonyishly cuddle their siblings. Secondly why on earth would he not mention a wedding to you?!

Posts: 29 | From: Birmingham | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Sorry for no reply for a while, was working and dealing with fallout [Frown] My husband is still in Cairo and he has met the guy a couple of times, but I don't want to involve him yet. Like I said, something is really fishy and odd.thanks for all the help and no bitchy comments! [Smile]
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe i loved ur xpression nikkah certificate lol

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF IT SMELLS LIKE FISH GUESS WHAT.. ITS PROBABLY NOT CHICKEN....girl i so do not wanna be in yr shoes..cas i always jump to conclusions.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HOT
Member # 17830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HOT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmm

I think he's lying of course [Smile]

Some ppl get married several times & don't want their wives to know.

Its weird she doesn't know what his sis looks like but has his cousin on FB

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com