EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » i was invited to mexico (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: i was invited to mexico
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i called my mother in law in mexico and she said my brother in law will go to mexico in july the 4th.well yall know its dangerous there right now in some parts, but i adore mexico.i wanna go so bad so what could possibly be the pros and cons of going to mexico.i wanna go so bad butt should i for 2 weeks? its way down south in guadalara mexico,,i dont have much time to decide so i need to think fast...
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go go gooooooooo!!! It's time that you get out of Iowa again!!!!!! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All you need to take is your passport and enough money, and off you go...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's what you want to do, then go Tina.

Every country has its dangers, but you cant think of this, go and enjoy yourself.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
All you need to take is your passport and enough money, and off you go...

i dont need money in mexico hun. but i called the border patrol and they said as long as we are not taking a plane we do not need a passport. all i need is my drivers liscens and my birth certificate.but then again my live in bf is goin in december and i dont know if i can handle 2 trips. so i aint sure yet. i will discuess it with him when he gets home from work tonight.
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently I'm quite out of the loop. I thought Tina was engaged to an Egyptian man who was working out of the country to make money??? [Confused]

In any case, no way I'd go down to Mexico. One can be attacked anywhere, but they've had quite a few too many killings lately for my comfort level.

Also, has the swine flu cleared up there yet?

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Apparently I'm quite out of the loop. I thought Tina was engaged to an Egyptian man who was working out of the country to make money??? [Confused]

In any case, no way I'd go down to Mexico. One can be attacked anywhere, but they've had quite a few too many killings lately for my comfort level.

Also, has the swine flu cleared up there yet?

what does mexico have to do with me nbeing engaged with walid? i would visit my ex husbands family not him cas hes dead.i am not married now..my personal friends know my situation.. mostly my fb friends.
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mentioned a live in bf. bf = boyfriend yeah?

That's where I was confused. Nothing wrong with visiting people, didn't say there was. [Razz]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say go, everyone should have all the holidays they can.
However, I'm on your FB and I'm totally confused. I thought you were with Walid, but now you are mentioning a boyfriend who lives with you?
Boy I'm so out of the loop lol.

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptianqueen40
Member # 13872

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptianqueen40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an american lady married to an egyptian and I am currently in Guadalajara.I have been here for 3 weeks and will stay until the end of the year.I feel very safe here.Havent seen any problems at all.I personally hate it here but if u feel u wanna come then u'll be fine.Come on down!U wont need alot of cash cuz the pecos is high right now.
I dont get outside of the city tho and i certainly stay outta the hoods.

Posts: 2 | From: Guadalajara Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by egyptianqueen40:
I am an american lady married to an egyptian and I am currently in Guadalajara.I have been here for 3 weeks and will stay until the end of the year.I feel very safe here.Havent seen any problems at all.I personally hate it here but if u feel u wanna come then u'll be fine.Come on down!U wont need alot of cash cuz the pecos is high right now.
I dont get outside of the city tho and i certainly stay outta the hoods.

cool guadalaraha is was too big for me i will stay in tizipan el alto. thats where they are from.last time i was in guad.. i was scared to death cas they drive like animals and there were way too many people...

and wk. i dont talk much about my bf i live with cas he has nothin to do with my online life.i am with walid as well but not live. and i do not have sex.walid knows all of this my live in is like a best briend that i adore.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
certainly stay outta the hoods.

Black American, eh???? [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Tina please honey no need to explain your private life to virtual strangers on here. Now go and enjoy yourself! Send me a postcard!! [Wink]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
Tina please honey no need to explain your private life to virtual strangers on here. Now go and enjoy yourself! Send me a postcard!! [Wink]

well i decided not to go with bro in law cas i dont wanna be the only american goin. and this yr when my live in has vacation we cant go to mexico cas he has to get sergury done on somethin personal.. damn well next yr i will for sure go... damn damn damn i wanna go to mexico so bad...
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
certainly stay outta the hoods.

Black American, eh???? [Big Grin]
hoods is part of the American lingo now and we don't assign ethnicity based on how someone uses the language.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's so special with Mexico tina ?? [Confused] you ARE in Mexico already.. Marshalltown IS Mexico, babe [Razz]

Beware from them muggers hun..you being white, blonde and pretty.. [Wink]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huni to be honest, i am living in a really crap area, last night street was closed off and full of police for the whole night as a 15 yr old was stabbed and guts hanging out, sorry TMI. I am not happy that i am here with my little daughter but no choice at this stage, here is a really bad area of the town i am in, there is really bad crime all over, just go and enjoy, you love the place the go as you only live once.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Sono that we shouldn't assign ethnicity based on common place language and lingo [Smile] It is not Alabama 1915 here!!!

I would personally travel anywhere in the world given the chance... you could die in your sleep, get run over outside your home or get struck by lightening in your own garden. Avoiding travelling for what 'could' or 'might happen' is a wasted life [Frown]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:

well i decided not to go with bro in law cas i dont wanna be the only american goin. and this yr when my live in has vacation we cant go to mexico cas he has to get sergury done on somethin personal.. damn well next yr i will for sure go... damn damn damn i wanna go to mexico so bad...
Look .... once I move back to the US I'd love to go with you. I really mean it. I wanna see it all!!! [Smile] Perhaps we'll even live closer to the Mexican border than you do (but Florida is still our first choice for retirement).
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
What's so special with Mexico tina ?? [Confused] you ARE in Mexico already.. Marshalltown IS Mexico, babe [Razz]

Beware from them muggers hun..you being white, blonde and pretty.. [Wink]

well the people are great very friendly the ones i met. and its beautiful there alot of trees and not all buildings .its always warm here either always cold or always hot.now come cons.. in the countryside u get porta poties.. outhouses. and that sucks.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:

Look .... once I move back to the US I'd love to go with you. I really mean it. I wanna see it all!!! [Smile] Perhaps we'll even live closer to the Mexican border than you do (but Florida is still our first choice for retirement).
hell yea i would so go with ya to mexico.we have the language all we need is time to go..i personally wouldnt go if i didnt know the language.i love the shopping there they have awesome home made sandals..with yr german accent we well u might catch a few eyes..

but in all me telling u what i love about mexico doesnt do it justice.i feel free when i am there and happy. its like once i cross the border i feel like i belong there,its hard to explain if u do not personally know me.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Don't forget my heavy Russian accent ya helwa!! [Wink]

And yes that's how I feel when I am in Egypt. I got so many memories with this place. It's always nice to return. Hubby tells me I should travel more in Europe and see different things but I just wanna go back to Egypt.

Well that might change when we relocate. F.e. the Bahamas are just off the Florida coast - people I talked to said it's paradise.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Don't forget my heavy Russian accent ya helwa!! [Wink]

And yes that's how I feel when I am in Egypt. I got so many memories with this place. It's always nice to return. Hubby tells me I should travel more in Europe and see different things but I just wanna go back to Egypt.

Well that might change when we relocate. F.e. the Bahamas are just off the Florida coast - people I talked to said it's paradise.

i always feel free when i am traveling. thats me.i cant comment on egypt cas i have never been there. but it sure looks like a place i would like.i love the desert/a warm dry place.and i love the ocean.another place i would love to visit is india.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Tina, I so would loveeeee to show you Egypt's capital (I left my heart in Cairo [Wink] ) but I believe you'd be more happy on a nice beach which Egypt has more than enough to offer. People there are in general just very down-to-earth, nice, helpful, it's super safe. Hopefully one day you can go and see it for yourself.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Tina, I so would loveeeee to show you Egypt's capital (I left my heart in Cairo [Wink] ) but I believe you'd be more happy on a nice beach which Egypt has more than enough to offer. People there are in general just very down-to-earth, nice, helpful, it's super safe. Hopefully one day you can go and see it for yourself.

ok got a deal.. by the time i get my passport yr kids will be all grown up so lets make a plan for u and i to go togeather to egypt when i get my passport.. how is that?and u know i would loveeeeee to see the beach i love water. and i have never seen a beach that has water that u can acturally see yr feet in.. thats my dream to stand in the ocean and see my feet.but girl lets say we did go i am sooo sure i would winde up in jail cas i am crazy as hell. i do not know how these westerners are there and havent been to jail for being themselves. i guess u change who u are to each atmosphere.. i know when i am in mexico i poof become mexican. hahaha its funny when i am in iowa i poof become a stupid b itch of iowa.
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tina, when you plan on cumming to Egy don't bring TL..bring Micky so we can have a nice time at the beach..go swimming and lie down on the white sand and go to bazaar, enjoy our oriental cuisine, camel rides in da desert, and of course threesomes and stuff as well. [Cool] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
tina, when you plan on cumming to Egy don't bring TL..bring Micky so we can have a nice time at the beach..go swimming and lie down on the white sand and go to bazaar, enjoy our oriental cuisine, camel rides in da desert, and of course threesomes and stuff as well. [Cool] [Big Grin]

ooo tiger he is offering somethin u cant...mmmm well i would prefer on top...
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina I thought you was with walid ? But its better to stick with reality and enjoy your life.

Having online friends is fun, but knowing you never get the chance to met them is only a losing battle.

Life is too short waiting for something that you cant really have.Go on vacation and have as much fun as possible tina.

--------------------

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

i am coming Dzosser...Now what ya going to do? [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thuni to be honest, i am living in a really crap area, last night street was closed off and full of police for the whole night as a 15 yr old was stabbed and guts hanging out, sorry TMI. I am not happy that i am here with my little daughter but no choice at this stage, here is a really bad area of the town i am in, there is really bad crime all over, just go and enjoy, you love the place the go as you only live once.

The Guy died in the stabbing yesterday morning and 2 doors down is the murder suspect, its literally happened on our doorstep. crime is all over the world so just go to Mexico and enjoy yourself

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
I heard about this on the news yorkshire rose,this is the 13th kid now to be stabbed to death in south west london or surrounding areas.

Crime here in london is getting worse, but it is mainly due to the knife culture crimes.

--------------------

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
hi there
this was actually in Newcastle but i also saw about the one you are talking about, its terrible isn't it. Crime now is horrific, it doesn't help that it is a totally racist area here and that we have had graffiti sprayed on my door about Remon.
Its not safe here and i certainly do not feel secure.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yorkshire I am stunned by what you wrote above! I really feel for you as I know the area you live in and it does have a bad reputation. I can't imagine how awful it must be for you. I would be onto the council and demanding they move you, there are plenty of other places, nice places you can go to. You can't be expected to stay there with a new baby. The rising crime rate is one of the things that put me off coming back to the UK. Dubai was a thousand times safer but then I'm living in a quiet village in Durham so we don't have any problems. I really feel for you x
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The stabbing of the young boy in London is heartbreaking [Frown] Such a waste of a young life.

YR, I would get onto the Housing Association and do what a friend of mine did last week in the Midlands... refuse to leave their office until they find you an alternative home... my friend has different circumstances to you as she has a severely disabled daughter but quality of life is paramount to you and your family, as it is to every other human being on this planet. Put your foot down or threaten to go to the media. Nobody deserves to be racially attacked... it is 2010 ffs.... surely by now you would think humans would have evolved a little!

DG, I too am put off returning to the UK due to the rising levels in crime. I feel 100% safe here, I would rather be called 'My Queen' and have my ass mentioned by random dudes than have the constant fear of being raped, mugged, stabbed and verbally abused in the street (and even in your own home.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have heard it is bad up that way yorkie. My BIL lived in Sunderland and had a terrible time. My husband noticed the difference when he first went up there 7 years ago, when people were nice and friendly. He went again just over a year ago and was shocked at how he was treated. Even the police were bad.

In all the years living here my husband has never had any problem, apart from up there. Sorry Yorkie, do as cheeky said and try and get a move. All the best.

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chef Mick:

Aww.. to be honest with ya, if hubby's coming too, then we'll have a big problem hun. [Big Grin] [Razz]

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chef Mick:

Aww.. to be honest with ya, if hubby's coming too, then we'll have a big problem hun. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Ohh are you a shy lady and don't want to meet up with her hubby?? [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by marydot:
Tina I thought you was with walid ? But its better to stick with reality and enjoy your life.

Having online friends is fun, but knowing you never get the chance to met them is only a losing battle.

Life is too short waiting for something that you cant really have.Go on vacation and have as much fun as possible tina.

ya i am with walid but we have never met in person and i wont change my life style here untill we have gotten married.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by happybunny:
I too have heard it is bad up that way yorkie. My BIL lived in Sunderland and had a terrible time. My husband noticed the difference when he first went up there 7 years ago, when people were nice and friendly. He went again just over a year ago and was shocked at how he was treated. Even the police were bad.

In all the years living here my husband has never had any problem, apart from up there. Sorry Yorkie, do as cheeky said and try and get a move. All the best.

In the West Midlands we have Black and Asian rivalry... that is our biggest crime wave. There was a programme called 'Who you calling a nigger?' on channel 4 narrated by Darkus Howe and it was based in and around my town where shoot outs and stabbings were all too common.

When I lived in Ghana there was tribal issues and here there are Religious issues. The world is fluffed up! Everyone seems to hate someone for reasons that are too ingrained by society!

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
i am glad i live in a safe small town. nothin ever happens here. the last murder was like 7 yrs ago

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
In my town last week (the Village next door) were excavating a garden as they had found the remains of a foetus buried there. This is rare for my part of town but still disturbing.

I am just glad I don't live there any more, the recession hit it bad and it is like a ghost town. You know you live in a crap place when H&M and Primark open up shops!!!

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YR, have you thought about renting instead of going council? If you rent, you can pick where you want to live, and can get help from housing benefit.
As your husband is here only on tourist visa, you should be seen as a single parent (I am), so tax credits and HB should be able to give you a great help.
That is what I plan to do. Council housing is practically non-existent in my area, unless I wanted a top floor, one bed flat in a drug den. And even for that the waiting list is years long.

My area is pretty safe- lots of chavs around the town centre though, and people seem to just love killing themselves on our railway, each to their own. But I do feel 100% safe. I've had more troubles in Egypt than here.

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
YR, have you thought about renting instead of going council? If you rent, you can pick where you want to live, and can get help from housing benefit.
As your husband is here only on tourist visa, you should be seen as a single parent (I am), so tax credits and HB should be able to give you a great help.
That is what I plan to do. Council housing is practically non-existent in my area, unless I wanted a top floor, one bed flat in a drug den. And even for that the waiting list is years long.

My area is pretty safe- lots of chavs around the town centre though, and people seem to just love killing themselves on our railway, each to their own. But I do feel 100% safe. I've had more troubles in Egypt than here.

If you put yourself on benefits you could be seriously risking any chance of your husband getting a permanent settlement VISA's to the UK. One of the main criteria is financial independance from the state.

Housing benefit is in any case going to be subject to new rules under this new govenment. The benefits culture in the UK is going to be hard hit, UK just can't afford it anymore.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Penny is right, the clamp down by the new Government will make it nigh-on impossible to get folk over unless you are self sufficient and can support partners financially... the new Government are limiting how many foreigners can gain employment in the UK too... so partners may not be permitted in based on their employability in their home countries.
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Ah yes, of course.
At the moment you need to be earning £150 (give or take a few pounds) a week after bills to be considered able to support yourself, husband and one child. Tax credits actually count towards your income, and def do not count towards benefits that can get visas refused. So at least that will help greatly.

--------------------
Another one....

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Wow, England's society must truly be getting worse. We just had a British friend over here the other day and he lives already for 8 years in Germany. He and his family intend to stay for good. He told me before that the Germans 'still have manners' and too many crimes are happening back home. Sad.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
There is a Facebook Group begging the Icelandic volcano to erupt again as it is the only thing to have kept illegal immigrants out of the UK.

Of course it has gotten worse, do you ony read Egyptian News? People are being shot en massage in rampages, knife crime is extortionate and general crime through poverty is alarming.

Youths have no respect for themselves, their peers or their families or their society.

And who is to blame... the Government. It supports the criminals, it protects the wrong-doers and the general tax payer will now pay more tax for less service!!!

I am just glad a new Government got in, perhaps a reformation could be in sight.

I know a guy living in Germany and he doesn't miss the UK at all... neither do I.

I grew up in a nice little village, it is now over -run with council estates which have attracted chavs.

The town itself used to be a nice clean, close-knit place which is now reknown for it's young binge drinkers and tramps!!!

If I do ever return to the UK I am going to live in Brighton where there is still that safe feeling and it is always clean with an air of optimism.

I have never met a German who had manners, but I used to be in the Automotive trade and they were engineered to work like robots.

The Brits DO have manners, we are all salt of the earth friendly folk who will chat in bus stops... however, the minute you back is turned you bag has been stolen!!!

And we can queue [Smile]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
it seems like this past yr everytone is going crazy. they have been killing like crazy.maybe its the weather?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Oh dear. Have to say Ferret, I disagree with pretty much everything you just said.
Firstly, our immigration troubles are no where near as dramatic as certain newspapers make out. The majority of immigrants we have coming in are EU, conservatives will not, and can not change that.
Their policies will just limit skilled workers coming from non-EU countries, people we need. Oh as well as making it harder for us to get our spouses in.
It is not nearly as easy to just waltz into the UK illegally like everyone makes out either. Many people are dedicated to finding illegal’s, but finding one person who doesn't want to be found is difficult, no matter who the government is, or what we put in place.

Youths have always been "trouble" makers. They haven't suddenly lost respect for their elders. People look back on history with tinted glasses. However, if you actually talk to grandparents, etc, they will tell you a fair share of stories about what they used to get up to. There have always been rough areas too.
At least nowadays people actually give a **** about the youth instead of the old "seen but not heard" mantra. There is so much around geared at giving teens the best start in life and to help them get away from crime.
Nowadays we are taught every one in a youth is a thug, every man is a paedophile, and every girl is a slut. It is the countries perception of people that needs to change, and then a lot will realise that actually, it isn't that bad. Maybe a lot of it is down to self fulfilling prophesy.

And I used to be the most unpatriotic person about England... Until I went to Egypt lol.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found 3 editions of our local paper from 50 years ago the other week. It was fascinating reading the adverts of the day, some private businesses are still going strong today but what I did note was the lack of crime. Each copy had one crime, a woman who stole a wallet, the manager of the local golf club being charged with watering down the whisky and a man found sitting in someone's home under the influence of meths!
I remember from High School there was a gang of sorts who used to get the bus 4 miles down the road for a scrap with the next town after all they were so different there [Roll Eyes] They would come back with the odd cuts and bruises nothing more. There was no knives being carried like nowadays. My mum used to say that a murder was so rare it was huge news. Reality is it's such common place now that people barely bat an eyelid. life seems to be cheap and expendable over something so trivial as stealing a bottle of wine or a couple of pounds or having the audacity to ask a gang to stop vandalising their car [Eek!]

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But wait,you guys have´nt read it all.The latest statistics have shown my little neck of the woods of island to be the first one in the WORLD in the number of deaths due to domestic violence!!!!!!!!!!! [Frown]
All which it makes me to love Spain even more,and move there as soon as i can.

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com