EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Are Orfi marriage common?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are Orfi marriage common?
AlmaNora
Member # 17998

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlmaNora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I've been reading here at the forum I get the impression that orfi marriages are quite common. But when I asked my fiancé about it he said it wasn't common because it wasn't socially accepted.

Is it that it's more common among younger people or in the tourist areas?

Posts: 17 | From: Sweden | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As your fiance says its not common between Egyptians except some youger people do it to be like boyfriend or girlfriend but this is usually kept secret.

You come across it more on this site as many westerners will use it as a half way stage, a bit like living together while they test out the water to see if they can cope with the culture, many then go onto full marriages.

It does also get very much used and abused in the tourist areas as a means for people to have sex and so we do end up with alot of problems bought to this site by people who didn't realise what they were getting into or think they were in fact in a proper marriage.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Penny is right.

But many people use orfi marriage until they can afford to get married.
Its mainly a paper so you can live together without any problems.
It can be rippped up and the marriage then is void if any party chooses to do this.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AlmaNora,

Noticed how no one has addressed "socially acceptable" yet?

Egyptian couple would keep the orfi contract secret, while a westerner/egyptian couple would wave the orfi papers in the faces of tourist police, landlords, or whomever.

There is no real data compiled on how many Egyptian/Egyptian Orfi contracts there are, some of which are between married Egyptian men and divorced/widowed Egyptian women. Keep in mind some of those relationships you'd assume are Orfi, are actually registered marriages and the first wife is just "dealing with it".

Yet look at all the Westerner/Egyptian relationships and size up the percentage that are Orfi then compare that number to how many Egyptian/Egyptian relationships are Orfi. The difference is wide

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlmaNora
Member # 17998

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlmaNora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone for your explanations! Does anyone know the history of why Orfi marriages exists? Because in the muslim world I think Egypt is quite alone with having this type of marriage. [Confused]
Posts: 17 | From: Sweden | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not quite exclusive to Egypt, it is used in some other countries as a form of legal prostitution...
Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ourluxor
Member # 15101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ourluxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always assumed that it must have sprung from the "temporary wife" thing, for people who were travelling.
Posts: 430 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For foreign women marrying as a second wife there is no other option.

The temporary marriage (Muta) is not practiced in Sunni sect, only in Shia sect.

The white paper orfi marriage can be ripped up which is a 'divorce', but if this paper is registered in a court this constitutes an 'Islamic' marriage and a proper 'divorce' is necessary. One requirement of an 'Islamic' marriage it that it is not kept a secret.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

The temporary marriage (Muta) is not practiced in Sunni sect, only in Shia sect.

The white paper orfi marriage can be ripped up which is a 'divorce', but if this paper is registered in a court this constitutes an 'Islamic' marriage and a proper 'divorce' is necessary. One requirement of an 'Islamic' marriage it that it is not kept a secret.

Thats if the government was Islamic, its not. The marriage needs to be announced when it happens nots months and years later when its registered.

And the marriage needs to be known to the first wife, his family and her family.

what you are describing is a "common law" relationship not even consisting of co-habitation if he isn't spending half his nights at home.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

Thats if the government was Islamic, its not.
Nothing really to do with the government being Islamic or not, or doesn't Islam exist in a non-Islamic government?

quote:
The marriage needs to be announced when it happens nots months and years later when its registered.
When its announced its Islamic and a valid marriage. many Egy/Egy couples sign the contract etc long before the official announcement/legallity of it, yes sometimes months or years.

quote:
And the marriage needs to be known to the first wife, his family and her family.
see announcement above

quote:
what you are describing is a "common law" relationship not even consisting of co-habitation if he isn't spending half his nights at home.
if he has more than one wife he has more than one home and he is not supposed to spend half his nights at the home of just one. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no easy way to explain the history of orfi/urfi marriages, but I'll give it a go.

Bedoins have an orfi/urfi layer, the lowest in fact, in their judicial system. At this level, a disputed agreement is hashed out because an orfi/urfi is really just an agreement.

The Qu'ran doesn't say registering marriage contracts is mandatory, so registration of marriages and the surrounding issues are open to interpretation.

The Personal Status Law (1920s) forbid judges to hear divorce cases without a written contract. Registering marriage contracts didn't become compulsory until the 1980s (I believe). Courts recently began to hear paternity cases for children born of orfi/urfi marriages.

So there you have the pieces to it - it's an informal agreement that meets the requirements of Islam and only becomes a legal issue if there is a dsipute, such as a divorce and/or children.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by stayingput:
There's no easy way to explain the history of orfi/urfi marriages, but I'll give it a go.

Bedoins have an orfi/urfi layer, the lowest in fact, in their judicial system. At this level, a disputed agreement is hashed out because an orfi/urfi is really just an agreement.

The Qu'ran doesn't say registering marriage contracts is mandatory, so registration of marriages and the surrounding issues are open to interpretation.

The Personal Status Law (1920s) forbid judges to hear divorce cases without a written contract. Registering marriage contracts didn't become compulsory until the 1980s (I believe). Courts recently began to hear paternity cases for children born of orfi/urfi marriages.

So there you have the pieces to it - it's an informal agreement that meets the requirements of Islam and only becomes a legal issue if there is a dsipute, such as a divorce and/or children.

Yet tradition of the Arabs had been incorporated into Islam, the Final Prophet had stated that the practices of the Ulema do indeed factor into the legitimacy of a marriage.

To create a separate set of "acceptableness" for outsiders which Muslim general population frown upon doesn't make it more legitimate.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Yet tradition of the Arabs had been incorporated into Islam, the Final Prophet had stated that the practices of the Ulema do indeed factor into the legitimacy of a marriage.

To create a separate set of "acceptableness" for outsiders which Muslim general population frown upon doesn't make it more legitimate.

you do come up with some rubbish sono. Those 'outsiders' are only half of the agreement, the other half is a member of the Egyptian Muslim population. This agreement is acceptable in a court of law here, they are registered in a court of law here, they are a legal document whether you like it or agree with it or not.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you do come up with some rubbish sono. Those 'outsiders' are only half of the agreement, the other half is a member of the Egyptian Muslim population. This agreement is acceptable in a court of law here, they are registered in a court of law here, they are a legal document whether you like it or agree with it or not.
And are all orfi (shag papers) contracts the same?

Its been posted by Egyptians on this board that you could scrible on a piece of toilet paper, have a notary sign it and the government will process it as a 'contract'.

Doesn't mean all orfi papers are recognized by the Sharia court system.

Besides if your love interest had filed the orfi contract you'd get 5 years of permenant residency, but you still have to file for a tourist visa.

So obviously your orfi contract isn't deemed proof of marriage.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And are all orfi (shag papers) contracts the same?

Its been posted by Egyptians on this board that you could scrible on a piece of toilet paper, have a notary sign it and the government will process it as a 'contract'.

Doesn't mean all orfi papers are recognized by the Sharia court system.

Besides if your love interest had filed the orfi contract you'd get 5 years of permenant residency, but you still have to file for a tourist visa.

So obviously your orfi contract isn't deemed proof of marriage.

No they are not all the same i agree, there are ones you rip up as divorce but no you cant do it on toilet paper, its still a proper contract paper but not 'registered' in court. the registered ones you have to have a legal divorce and are a legal document. Mine was registered immediately and the papers back within 2 days. Whether i have a 5 year residency visa or Egyptian citizenship or a 6 month tourist one is not your concern as you have neither even though your daughter is resident here full time. But then my visa and your daughter are bugger all to do with this thread are they.

Like it or not sono, I am here, have been for over 3 years now, and you are still not here after all your spouting over 6 years ago. [Roll Eyes]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
No they are not all the same i agree, there are ones you rip up as divorce but no you cant do it on toilet paper, its still a proper contract paper but not 'registered' in court. the registered ones you have to have a legal divorce and are a legal document. Mine was registered immediately and the papers back within 2 days. Whether i have a 5 year residency visa or Egyptian citizenship or a 6 month tourist one is not your concern as you have neither even though your daughter is resident here full time. But then my visa and your daughter are bugger all to do with this thread are they.

Like it or not sono, I am here, have been for over 3 years now, and you are still not here after all your spouting over 6 years ago. [Roll Eyes]

Ayisha,

If your marriage was "Islamic" the government would recognize it and give you a 5 year residency. But its not and you get a tourist visa.

My daughter has Egyptian citizenship because my marriage was considered Islamic and proper.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Sono, as I pointed out you have no idea whether i have a 5 year residency visa or Egyptian citizenship or a 6 month tourist one, or even if I am in Egypt or communicating from the next room to your hovel or the house across from your daughter.

Your daugher has Egyptian citizenship because she is Egyptian and has lived there with her family since she was a baby, there is no way you can take her back to US without their written consent. She is the child of an Egyptian citizen and entitled to Egyptian citizenship, which you are not even based on your sham marriage which was done purely for his papers.

--------------------

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Sono, as I pointed out you have no idea whether i have a 5 year residency visa or Egyptian citizenship or a 6 month tourist one, or even if I am in Egypt or communicating from the next room to your hovel or the house across from your daughter.

Your daugher has Egyptian citizenship because she is Egyptian and has lived there with her family since she was a baby, there is no way you can take her back to US without their written consent. She is the child of an Egyptian citizen and entitled to Egyptian citizenship, which you are not even based on your sham marriage which was done purely for his papers.

Ayisha, the reason why my child is recognized as a biological offspring of an Egyptian therefore an Egyptian herself is because the Government of Egypt found our marriage to be legit.

If you Ayisha were 20 years younger and able to get pregnant by your love interest he would have to marry you legitimately, Islamically before conception.

But you can't even get a 5 year residency because your orfi papers aren't deemed legitimate, and therefore your marriage isn't Islamic.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
sono, the Egy Govt and the US Govt may have deemed your marriage to be legit, but it wasnt was it? You are still covering up that is was a sham false - for papers only- marriage, otherwise you would be dragged through court. You gave up your kid because the IRS or whoever they are had YOU working and studying for HIS residency.

If I was 20 years younger and able to get pregnant why do you claim he would 'have to marry me legitimately, Islamically before conception' when you were pregnant before your 'legit' marriage? as normal your 'logic' is flawed.

so you have seen my marriage papers and my visa page of my passport have you? No thought not. All normal pychomod fantasy.

--------------------

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The duration of this type of marriage is fixed at its inception and is then automatically dissolved upon completion of its term.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_mut%E2%80%98ah
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
sono, the Egy Govt and the US Govt may have deemed your marriage to be legit, but it wasnt was it? You are still covering up that is was a sham false - for papers only- marriage, otherwise you would be dragged through court. You gave up your kid because the IRS or whoever they are had YOU working and studying for HIS residency.

If I was 20 years younger and able to get pregnant why do you claim he would 'have to marry me legitimately, Islamically before conception' when you were pregnant before your 'legit' marriage? as normal your 'logic' is flawed.

so you have seen my marriage papers and my visa page of my passport have you? No thought not. All normal pychomod fantasy.

So your Islam isn't the Islam of Egypt I am understanding you correctly?

Your Islam deems your marriage legit, while 80% of Egyptians find your marriage to be nothing more than a "holding hands (not shag) papers".

How convenient. [Big Grin]

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egmond Codfried:
quote:
The duration of this type of marriage is fixed at its inception and is then automatically dissolved upon completion of its term.
That really is prostitution dressed up as something else. Ayatollah Hominine approves it though so who are we to argue [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Your Islam deems your marriage legit, while 80% of Egyptians find your marriage to be nothing more than a "holding hands (not shag) papers".

When an ORFI marriage is registered it is no different to the marriage 100% of the Egyptian population have. So no they see this marriage as no different to their own. What you are confused about is the proceedures a foreigner has to go through if they want the marriage recognised in their own country.
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:
Originally posted by Egmond Codfried:
quote:
That really is prostitution dressed up as something else. Ayatollah Hominine approves it though so who are we to argue [Roll Eyes]
A friend told me that in Iran one is met at the bus station by men who offer a woman for a short, convenient marriage to the traveller…I understood that it's also used in a legitimate way, for young people who want to have stability, but who are not ready for a permanent marriage. There is no stigma in some communities attached to it. What I wonder is what happens to children born from these marriages. According to some female scholars during the lifetime of the holy prophet there were many different types of marriages, even women having multiple husbands, polyandry. He was married to a girl of nine years, as you know. But only these two types we know today have survived. There is strife whether the prophet of Islam himself enjoyed these short marriages. The Shia's say he did.
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

When an ORFI marriage is registered it is no different to the marriage 100% of the Egyptian population have. So no they see this marriage as no different to their own. What you are confused about is the proceedures a foreigner has to go through if they want the marriage recognised in their own country.
Nope I am not confused. You don't need your foreign nation to recognize your marriage in order to get permenant residency for 5 years in Egypt.

A orfi paper registered just keeps the foreign lass from going around marrying again.

It doesn't obtain her 5 year residency, nor give her rights to a Khul divorce or even a Talaat divorce which the Islamic marriage in Egypt will allow.

Its a paper to live with the guy and get "Egyptian prices" on some tourist attractions; thats it.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nope I am not confused. You don't need your foreign nation to recognize your marriage in order to get permenant residency for 5 years in Egypt.

A orfi paper registered just keeps the foreign lass from going around marrying again.

It doesn't obtain her 5 year residency, nor give her rights to a Khul divorce or even a Talaat divorce which the Islamic marriage in Egypt will allow.

Its a paper to live with the guy and get "Egyptian prices" on some tourist attractions; thats it.

some would be able to take you a bit more seriously if you actually LIVED here sono, as it is you spout crap, like the 'no tampons in Egypt as its haram' and the 'you need a prescription for all drugs my BIL is a pharmacist' crap, all bullshite as we know.

Penny is right (thank you Penny) "When an ORFI marriage is registered it is no different to the marriage 100% of the Egyptian population have. So no they see this marriage as no different to their own. "

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

some would be able to take you a bit more seriously if you actually LIVED here sono, as it is you spout crap, like the 'no tampons in Egypt as its haram' and the 'you need a prescription for all drugs my BIL is a pharmacist' crap, all bullshite as we know.

Penny is right (thank you Penny) "When an ORFI marriage is registered it is no different to the marriage 100% of the Egyptian population have. So no they see this marriage as no different to their own. "

According to you. But According to 60 million Egyptians your marriage is not legit.

Otherwise you'd have 5 year residency and a right to divorce.

How many other Orfi wives in Luxor do you know that got a legal divorce via the Egyptian court system? Show me a link to the thread.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
According to you. But According to 60 million Egyptians your marriage is not legit.

you asked them all? According to the court here it is.

quote:
ROFL you think I have no right to divorce? are you for real? [Big Grin]

quote:
How many other Orfi wives in Luxor do you know that got a legal divorce via the Egyptian court system? Show me a link to the thread.
Now this one I LOVE [Big Grin] I think all her threads have gone now but you can ask your little birdy as she banged on and on long enough about how she divorced her Egy husband who had taken all her money off her (she was and still IS banging him at the time) according to her she took 2 sad years of being ripped off by lawyers to get this divorce, and all the time it was a bigamous marriage as she was and still is married to her English hubby ROFL, now she is pulling in charity money 'for poor kids in Egypt' and its gone on 2 supermarkets for Egy hubby ROFLMAO

Plus, why the hell do you think every married woman in Luxor is on ES you tw@ [Roll Eyes]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

you asked them all? According to the court here it is.

quote:
ROFL you think I have no right to divorce? are you for real? [Big Grin]

quote:
Now this one I LOVE [Big Grin] I think all her threads have gone now but you can ask your little birdy as she banged on and on long enough about how she divorced her Egy husband who had taken all her money off her (she was and still IS banging him at the time) according to her she took 2 sad years of being ripped off by lawyers to get this divorce, and all the time it was a bigamous marriage as she was and still is married to her English hubby ROFL, now she is pulling in charity money 'for poor kids in Egypt' and its gone on 2 supermarkets for Egy hubby ROFLMAO

Plus, why the hell do you think every married woman in Luxor is on ES you tw@ [Roll Eyes]

I know who you are referring to, and she hasn't stated she got a 'divorce' from her Egyptian love interest.

Nor did she get a 5 year residency.

I'll ask again for you to provide links.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
She did often state she got a divorce, I met her lawyer who finally got her divorce, the links are deleted here and the other place. If as you claim she did not divorce him then she is still officially married to 2 men.

Sono I have just searched Urfi marriage, it is UN registered, once registered it is no longer Urfi and is a valid marriage.

Ask birdy if shes still married to 2 men. [Roll Eyes]

she never got a 5 year residency because shes never LIVED here above 6 weeks at a time ya numpty, all that BS about 'long term resident in Luxor' is BS [Big Grin]

--------------------

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
UN is not an Islamic Ulema. Egyptian government considers itself part of an Ulema.

Again I ask for links but you have none to offer.

You don't have a 5 year residency and neither do any of your other Orfi wives. Its not a legitimate marriage.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
UN is not an Islamic Ulema. Egyptian government considers itself part of an Ulema.

Again I ask for links but you have none to offer.

You don't have a 5 year residency and neither do any of your other Orfi wives. Its not a legitimate marriage.

Boy you are stoopid! UN as in UNregistered you moron.

It is a legitimate marriage and if you cant be arsed to search and see that urfi is NOT registered then I am not doing it for you.

Again I tell you her links are deleted, but again you dont read past the first line and just keep spouting the same crap

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

I know of at least 2 with registered marriages that not only have FULL residency but an Egyptian ID card, an Egyptian passport and dual nationality. [Roll Eyes]
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Ok will try again...if you take the Orfi paper to the court and register it you will need photos, thumb prints, signatures, payment for fees and stamps. The ORFI paper is then replaced with the same registered marriage contract that the Egyptians have and is a normal, fully legal, Islamic registered marriage that fully entitles you to 5 year residency.

Applying for a 5 year residency is another red tape exercise, but you are fully entitled to it with a registered Egyptian marriage if you can be bothered to do it. This has nothing to do with the Ministry of Justice marriage that foreigners need to have if they are looking to apply for Visas for their Egyptian spouse in their own country.

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ayisha sounds happy enough in her life.Whats the big deal here on this forum no body really knows anyone on here, unless they have met in person!!!
Its just ES ranting half the time.Makes me wonder if people do really have a life or just use ES to vent some kind of Jealousy towards each other over their marriages etc.We all have history and a story to tell, personally myself my history i have buried that, so life today is living for the future.

After all its just the internet [Razz]

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please stop arguing with that bimbo; just ignore her rantings. Good night y'all!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have yet to understand how any topic on here can suddenly become a battlefield! It's amazing to me. I don't care who is married or not married, or who is living with, married to or dating an Egyptian, etc.

I just enjoy the friendships I have made here.

Come on people...like marydot says...it's just the internet!

Now I will sign off and climb back up in my tree for the night...oh did I tell you I am really Jane...Tarzan's lover!

Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Ok will try again...if you take the Orfi paper to the court and register it you will need photos, thumb prints, signatures, payment for fees and stamps. The ORFI paper is then replaced with the same registered marriage contract that the Egyptians have and is a normal, fully legal, Islamic registered marriage that fully entitles you to 5 year residency.

Applying for a 5 year residency is another red tape exercise, but you are fully entitled to it with a registered Egyptian marriage if you can be bothered to do it. This has nothing to do with the Ministry of Justice marriage that foreigners need to have if they are looking to apply for Visas for their Egyptian spouse in their own country.

Yet if a foreign wife of an Egyptian wants the 5 year residency their marriage must be recognized by their home nation.

In order for that to happen your marriage must first be recognized by the Egyptian government as a marriage, not just a contract.

Keep in mind orfi papers are normally only in Arabic, not a second language therefore you orfi women have no clue what you signed.

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Ok Sono one thing I have learnt in life is not to hit my head against brick walls, you know better than the lawyers, the Egyptian government and the translation agencies.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Ok Sono one thing I have learnt in life is not to hit my head against brick walls, you know better than the lawyers, the Egyptian government and the translation agencies.

Lol Penny you just realized that? She has actually been here about 6 times you know, of course she knows more than all of them and us that live here [Big Grin]
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:

Penny you are being told what you are being told so you will bleed more money into your gigolo.

That is the definition of insanity.

Be a fantastists. Its your life.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CUCKOO

Seriouly, what a nutjob.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
CUCKOO

Seriouly, what a nutjob.

And you are the one who is a proud addict of narcotic pain killers.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
CUCKOO

Seriouly, what a nutjob.

Thought you decided I was a TA... Wow, a new addition to your fantasy story. As far as I am aware all I am addicted to is sunbathing!!! But if I do ever deveolp a dependancy to OTC pills I will notify youm

You do know that we all think you are a joke and no one takes you seriously!!!

And ftlog... If you wanna insult me at least put some effort into it!!!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Penny you are being told what you are being told so you will bleed more money into your gigolo.
ROFLMAO [Big Grin] Oh Penny, the lawyers the Egy Govt and the translation agencies are telling you this so you give your (rofl) gigolo (rofl) more money [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Sono that has got to be THE 5 star funniest thing you have ever said EVER [Big Grin] made my day! Penny will be in tears when she reads this, so will her (rofl) gigolo (rofl) OMG I cant stop laughing!

quote:
sono sweetie, the definition of insanity in one word is SONOMOD

quote:
OMG, i'm going to wet myself!
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
CUCKOO

Seriouly, what a nutjob.

2 shrinks couldnt help you, did you try more? be nice to ferret, she will get you some illegal tranqs from the pharmacy with no prescription, put you out of your misery, and us. [Wink]
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

ROFLMAO [Big Grin] Oh Penny, the lawyers the Egy Govt and the translation agencies are telling you this so you give your (rofl) gigolo (rofl) more money [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Sono that has got to be THE 5 star funniest thing you have ever said EVER [Big Grin] made my day! Penny will be in tears when she reads this, so will her (rofl) gigolo (rofl) OMG I cant stop laughing!

quote:
sono sweetie, the definition of insanity in one word is SONOMOD

quote:
OMG, i'm going to wet myself!

Do you think I should get him a badge [Big Grin]
Can you be a gigolo in your mid forties [Big Grin]

What's a fantastist? [Confused]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Do you think I should get him a badge [Big Grin]
Can you be a gigolo in your mid forties [Big Grin]

What's a fantastist? [Confused]

Oh definitely get him a badge and my friends toyboy gigolo is in his mid 50s, its not too old Penny. [Big Grin]

Put fantastist in the box of sono babble with 'amoung' and 'beyound'it will come to light eventually what the highly educated one means. [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com