EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » divorce papers??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: divorce papers??
yellow banana
Member # 18125

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for yellow banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello everyone, i have been searching for some information online but so far come up with no information, and was hoping that someone here may know it or where i would be able to get information regarding a wife that divorced her egyptian husband ( shes european), From what i have researced so far its a shamefull subject that his wife divorced him , as now its increasing in egypt.., in my country we have to give the court a reason why we divorce and this is then logged, but not mentioned on divorce papers, then when we remarry we just show our decree to show we are divorced,

My question is, does this apply in egypt?
do the men then have to tell there future wives they were married and does this make any presidence to there future?

sorry if my question isnt clear..

hopefully someone will be willing to help me here, thanks for reading
[Razz]

Posts: 3 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muhamed and Stephanie
Member # 18126

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muhamed and Stephanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in th Egyptian culture, and I mean the Egyptian culture not the Islamic teachings , it something shamful to be devroced, not like being low infront of a woman, or something, but it goes like , when a devorced man goes asking for another girl hand for marriage , she and her family , start wondering about why he got devorced? was he mean to his wife? was he cheating? was was was and so onnnnnnnnnnnnnn

so its lil shamful and many girls dont accept a devorced man, most of the girls want a virgin man,so in Egypt a Widow man [Big Grin] is way better than a devorced one.

dats Egypt, wish i could help u
and about the devorcing papers, my neighbour here is Indian was married to an Egyptian, she got have a devorce in two weeks , u can just go to the courte telling the excuses making u want a devorce , and dats all. u can have ur devorce .

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5 | From: Egypt,Cairo | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellow banana
Member # 18125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi m&s and thanks for reply, but how will the other girls family know he has been married before? taking aside the asking around of family and neighbours.
do they have papers showing they are divorced?
Is it possible his family could also hide the marriage?
and having been married to a foreigner no doubt they will only blame the women saying what they normally do regarding foreign women beig bad, loose etc etc etc never admitting it could be the son at fault.
as most egyptian men seem to be what id call mummys boy,

Posts: 3 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muhamed and Stephanie
Member # 18126

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muhamed and Stephanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"as most egyptian men seem to be what id call mummys boy"

first not all , iam Egyptian by the way.

second already in the national ID , the social statues say single ,married, or devorced and so on.

so its easily to tell.

"and having been married to a foreigner no doubt they will only blame the women saying what they normally do regarding foreign women beig bad, loose etc etc etc never admitting it could be the son at fault."

well to be honest , i can agree u with that,because u know different cultures , evey culture blame the other one for any failure, for example , ur friends may blame ur man for the failure bc of being closed minded, old fashioned, and so on, coz he is the different than them.

and his friends may blame u for being alcholohlic or at least drinking , not having the traditions used to be in Europe before, but still in their community , and so on.

every culture blame the other, bc of lack of knowledge.

I do not know why , but i feel u hate him so bad, or he hurted u so bad, so u wish him much pain back

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5 | From: Egypt,Cairo | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellow banana
Member # 18125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did say most, not all, i am not targeting egyptian men on the whole.
im sorry if you thought i ment all.
i also no not all have updated there id to state married as many marry a foreigner then leave egypt to be with there partners.
when we married we left egypt together 2 weeks later, after sorting the visa.
i dont agree every culture blames the other, i dont judge anyone on where they come from,i have met in my job people from all over the globe and have never judged anyone on this basis its from experience and talking to other egyptians that have told me that in egypt they see western women as loose and ready to jump into bed with any man that has a pulse whilst on holiday etc, ask men that work in sharm etc some they will agree.
you say you feel i hate this man....no i dont hate him..
and i dont need to wish him pain now..
as we both know god will be his and my judge.
and justice will be served.
i only asked the question out of curiosity.

Dilemma
Member # 16672

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dilemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My egyptian ex didn't tell his current wife he was married before a family member did and she was furious.
Posts: 133 | From: egypt/usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marriage papers specifically ask about previous marriages so it will be there for any future wife to see.

ETA: Although I was at a nikah signing over the summer and watched while a bright light who couldn't get married fast enough sign a blank marriage contract, but then she knows he's still married to wife #1 who he will not formally divorce so he can keep making her life miserable.

Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muhamed and Stephanie
Member # 18126

Rate Member
I agree u with u Yellow pages, and about the Egyptian view of the western woman,its made because of the stupied media, sprcially hollywood to be honest , coz of shows comming from States specially show the woman lil that low, but already most of the arab counteries have the same idea about the Egyptian women, coz our stupied Egyptian media, shows the Egyptian woman that low,so its media fault,that is supposed to focuse on reality not odds.

and for Sharm men , most of those guys working in tourism has no principals or faith, they do watever it takes to earn money, they r ready to sell their bodies for money

--------------------
 -

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And how did the media get this impression of western women...???

Has it never occurred to you that they are only portraying what they see?

There are so many westerners coming to Egypt and living up to the reputations that most folk blame the media for!

Basically, if you want the news to stop reporting about loose western women then western women should try coming to Egypt and stop being so loose lol!!!

And again, Sharm men take money that women are willing to give, they don't mug them in an alley, they get it given them with a sweet smile!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well said, CF. as western women many of us ARE pretty much likely to hop into bed on the third date.Tricky therefore to argue convincingly that we DO have morals, we do have [sometimes, outstandingly] high standards of ethics.
Being independent, socially, financially etc we don't tend to like being judged on our sexual morality, any more than we'd accept being judged on our flair for cake making.
Astonishes me therefore that so many women come on here all in a flurry of lacy aprons, complaining bitterly about some Egyptian guy who can't pay for everything, didn't buy a flat,was married before, didn't want to pay for a wedding, blah blah... All stuff that would upset a virgin Egyptian girl and her family, but shouldn't really faze a western woman.
Dunno why these ladies don't just opt for an Orfi, live together for a few years and see how it goes. After all that is pretty much standard stuff in Europe.
We must all know couples in the UK for instance where 'she' earns mor than 'he' does, no problem, he rarely gets called a parasite, doesn't have his manhood questioned, so what's the deal here?
Do these women check their culture at the airport?

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well maybe Westerners do have morals but they are also left at the airport [Wink]

I think that a lot of people who seem to lack the ability to blame themselves for the messes they get themselves into.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is more to morality than the sexual variety.
There are many things practiced around the world that are totally immoral in my opinion, but seem to be culturally acceptable to people who profess to have higher moral standards than me.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Of course there is more to morality than sexual variety...

And I have known moral stances to change within families let alone cultures!!!

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:

Astonishes me therefore that so many women come on here all in a flurry of lacy aprons, complaining bitterly about some Egyptian guy who can't pay for everything, didn't buy a flat,was married before, didn't want to pay for a wedding, blah blah... All stuff that would upset a virgin Egyptian girl and her family, but shouldn't really faze a western woman.
Dunno why these ladies don't just opt for an Orfi, live together for a few years and see how it goes. After all that is pretty much standard stuff in Europe.
We must all know couples in the UK for instance where 'she' earns mor than 'he' does, no problem, he rarely gets called a parasite, doesn't have his manhood questioned, so what's the deal here?
Do these women check their culture at the airport?

Great comment Mo, reality is the women that do check their culture at the airport are rarely going to be in a relationship they are happy with. You can adapt and blend with another culture but you cannot change who you really are.

Egyptian men that want the submissive woman that's happy to stay home and look after the family will for the most part marry that type of woman but there are plently of Egyptian men that want the more western type of partnership these days where the economics do not sit totally on his shoulders. Where two like minded people meet it works fine, the problems start when western women start trying to be something they are not and the whole relationship is founded on false impressions that rapidly unravel.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
More excellent valid points.

The Egyptian dream is not so romantic in January in the rain lol

Dilemma
Member # 16672

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dilemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree totally with u Penny, and I am speaking through experience.
Posts: 133 | From: egypt/usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Isn't it sad when you read on here or somewhere about some poor shocked girl who had a whirlwind romance and ends up stuck in a 12th floor walk up flat, next door to 'his' family, and she's asking us lot if it's normal to not be allowed out of the house alone, told what to wear, how to behave etc etc.
Some of these ladies aren't even mad kids either!
Surely it's not rocket science to have 'The Talk' first.
He can lay down his expectations, and she can set the limits on that.
Put in the marriage contract if necessary.
'I am English. I reserve the right to go out shopping, or for a couple of beers with my friends. I will get bored, maybe want a job.
I WILL make fun of your mother sometimes. I will laugh, and shout at you sometimes, I will sit on the balcony in my shorts and I want to watch English language TV.
You will take me dancing, I will not shame you and your family by being the only household member who pays for everyone's doctors' bills.

Get the picture?
There is a price to pay for marrying into an Egyptian family.
There should also be a price for marrying a foreigner.

And .... I will not eat molakeya, nor any meat that needs a vet to identify it.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Isn't it sad when you read on here or somewhere about some poor shocked girl who had a whirlwind romance and ends up stuck in a 12th floor walk up flat, next door to 'his' family, and she's asking us lot if it's normal to not be allowed out of the house alone, told what to wear, how to behave etc etc.
Some of these ladies aren't even mad kids either!
Surely it's not rocket science to have 'The Talk' first.
He can lay down his expectations, and she can set the limits on that.
Put in the marriage contract if necessary.
'I am English. I reserve the right to go out shopping, or for a couple of beers with my friends. I will get bored, maybe want a job.
I WILL make fun of your mother sometimes. I will laugh, and shout at you sometimes, I will sit on the balcony in my shorts and I want to watch English language TV.
You will take me dancing, I will not shame you and your family by being the only household member who pays for everyone's doctors' bills.

Get the picture?
There is a price to pay for marrying into an Egyptian family.
There should also be a price for marrying a foreigner.

STANDING OVATION

I can here the speech being read out to a mass crown with I am what I am playing in the background [Smile]

[Big Grin]

I don't eat food I can't pronounce either [Smile]

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
STANDING OVATION

[Embarrassed]

And this is why i can't get a man, in spite of being drop dead gorgeous.[well .. I was .. years ago.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
STANDING OVATION

[Embarrassed]

And this is why i can't get a man, in spite of being drop dead gorgeous.[well .. I was .. years ago.

Oh, any woman can get a man in this country, but it seems there are a lot getting the wrong man [Wink]

Hang in there! Besides, single rocks... [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com