EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » getting married in Cairo,PLEASE HELP (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: getting married in Cairo,PLEASE HELP
mogi1978
Member # 18282

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mogi1978     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure where to start but i need advise.
i live in london and travelling to egypt to marry a muslim egyptian guy.i do love him and hope it will work out for us.he wants to get married in cairo and do everything the right way.
he has a good job in sharm and he asked me to move to egypt and live there but unfortunately can't do that because i have a daughter and her dad is english so i can't relocate but i want him to live with me in london.i was wondering if there is anyone on here who has got mmarried in cairo and managed to get a visa for her husband to live in the uk.i know its not gonna be easy but im gonna do everything i can.i have read some stories before and about the urfi marriage but we not going down that route.would be nice to hear your stories and advise...thank you

Posts: 1 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL..You're the nth. visa provider that's posted here, they all had good intentions, then got into a labyrinth of problems, stay out of this nonsense ffs. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By proper do you mean engagement party, shabka, and a wedding party with friends and family?
Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have read some stories before and about the urfi marriage but we not going down that route.
Why on earth NOT? Live with this guy, get to know each other, get to know what his, and your, real feelings and intentions are.... all the precautions you would take back in England.
NO WAY would you meet some waiter in Scarborough and run off back there to marry him! Egypt is not the dark ages, with the urfi paper people live together instead of, or prior to, marrying.

This is the kind of situation that ends in the horror stories we read on here.
A zillion people here will warn you, one of you needs to be responsible for you, and it had better be you....

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is his job in Sharm?
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
LOL..You're the nth. visa provider that's posted here, they all had good intentions, then got into a labyrinth of problems, stay out of this nonsense ffs. [Roll Eyes]

Yet you are so quick to befriend these types and defend their pursuit of love.
Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the first thing you may have to do is go to Egypt, and see for your-selfs if this is what you really both want.Dont marry him on the first visit as you say things may not work out.

You say you cant relocate because her father is English, it depends more on whether you want your daughter to lose contact with her father or not.

You will have a long wait if you want him to live here in the UK, a settlement visa is more harder to obtain, than a normal visitor's visa.

My brother in law has just applied for a settlement visa for the UK,but my sister and brother in law have been married 2 years and been together 4 years in total. Both have visited each others country countless times and even had holidays together in other country's also.

The UK border agency want enough proof that the marriage is not a scam marriage!!Thats all there looking at really.He was told the application will take 28 days to complete, I don't see why not they be refused everything meets the criteria and he has been here in the UK countless times.

I'm sure someone on Here will come along soon after my post and help you.

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think we have enough info to say how your chances are about a visa. Firstly, he might have a good job but unless his job will transfer him to the uk or he has a job waiting for him, or has amazing savings, then it doesn't matter, he'll be leaving it to come here. You have to prove you can live without government funding, and as he'll be starting out unemployed it all comes down to you. Are you financially stable?
Secondly, how many times have you gone to Egypt to be with him? Have you actually stayed with him?? You might like to do it the 'proper' way, but the 'proper' way can have you marrying a stranger. How long have you been together? Is there an age gap? Are you well known to his family (met them etc)?
Your application for a visa will have to be about the size of a book, and yet you can still fail on their error.

Can't give advice on getting married in Cairo as we got married in England, but plenty here can, and there are threads on it.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mogi1978:
Not sure where to start but i need advise.
i live in london and travelling to egypt to marry a muslim egyptian guy.i do love him and hope it will work out for us.he wants to get married in cairo and do everything the right way.
he has a good job in sharm and he asked me to move to egypt and live there but unfortunately can't do that because i have a daughter and her dad is english so i can't relocate but i want him to live with me in london.i was wondering if there is anyone on here who has got mmarried in cairo and managed to get a visa for her husband to live in the uk.i know its not gonna be easy but im gonna do everything i can.i have read some stories before and about the urfi marriage but we not going down that route.would be nice to hear your stories and advise...thank you

There are many on here who married in Cairo and got their husband to UK.

You have been married before so you will need your divorce paper legalized in London, the address is on the British Embassy Cairo website, that will also tell you everything else you need to bring with you for the marriage.

For the visa you will need as much proof as possible that you have a relationship with him because just getting married wont make them give him a visa, you also need to check out the prices of the settlement visa and note that if they refuse you lose your money although you can appeal in UK. If he has the money make him pay for it, it's his visa not yours. Be very careful NOT to be a normal British woman who is happy to 'share the cost' if he claims poverty.

Make sure he has done his army thing or he will have problems there.

You will need about a week to marry and get papers for that before you can apply for the visa I think. Do NOT book a flight for him to leave before hand as you will lose that money too as doubtful they will give a reply on the same day.

You say you have read about Urfi/Orfi but have you also read about women who have been down the route you are taking and been ripped off and had over? If you have not known him long and met him in Sharm resort then there is a high chance he is a player and you wont find out until it is too late, many don't. They ALL say they want you to live in Egypt and they all hope that you will do what you are doing.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Settlement visa to UK now costs is £680,as WK has said they can refuse even if you meet all the criteria, its a huge gamble.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://ukvisarules.blogspot.com/

This is a good page that documents all the changes to the rules and regulations that the new Government have been implementing.

Your partner, according to Theresa May, will have to sit and pass a compulsary English test. Can your Hubby to be afford this?

This is an extract from the article for you:

Under the current rules, people applying for visas as partners must already meet a range of criteria before being allowed to enter the UK. All applicants must show that their marriage or partnership is genuine, and that they can support themselves financially.

Whether they have married in the UK or overseas (or not at all), the non-UK partner must apply for a two-year settlement visa to come and live in the UK as a husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner or same-sex partner. At the end of the two years, they can apply to us for permission to settle in the UK (known as 'indefinite leave to remain').

Partners who apply for settlement after completing their two-year period of temporary residence will still need to meet the 'knowledge of language and life in the UK' test. This is in addition to the new basic English language requirement, which forms part of their initial application.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yes I forgot about the English test.

I'm glad the knowledge of language and life in UK test is after the 2 years though as I don't even know many English people who would pass that!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

None are in pursuit of love, they're all settled and doing fine, point out a regular ESer who's fvcked up her life whom I've "befriended"..answer is zero. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the one hand I feel like I should say congratulations, but on the other it's unusual to start a thread with "I'm getting married - PLEASE HELP!". Please don't think I'm having a go, I'm not. I should probably mind my own business, but...

You sound like you're having second thoughts. You say "I do love him" and the next word really feels like it should be a "but". "I hope it works out for us" - it's like you've already made your mind up it's doomed to fail. Maybe you've read other threads and seen the horror stories - there are lots. Maybe you've had negative reactions from some folk back home. Maybe it's the visa that feels like a brick wall. But it does seem you're not 100% certain this is definitely what you want. If that's the case - 100% - don't do it.

How much time have you spent with him, alone? How many times have you been there? If you went back 5 or 10 times you'd have a clearer picture, but this can only be a snapshot of him in the honeymoon phase. It isn't the reality of living together day to day.

Have you discussed your religious and cultural differences? Have you read about Islam? Has he explained his religious beliefs to you? How strict is he with his religion? Have you met his family? Are they happy about the marriage? Religion and family tend to be very important. Religion could be crucial if you plan on having children together as there is a general expectation for them to be raised as Muslim. Do you know enough about it to say you're happy with that?

What surprises me most is that he is happy to come here principally for the sake of your daughter's relationship with her father. I'm not criticising that - not one bit - it's your daughter's happiness and welfare that should come first in all of this, and if he's right behind you with that, that is indeed a wonderful thing. But. And this is a massive generalisation. But. From my own (very limited) experience of Egyptian guys, they can be a bit prone to the green eyed monster. Is it going to be awkward when your exhusband calls around to pick up your daughter? How old is your fiance? Is he mature enough to take on the role of stepfather? Will you continue to share parental responsibility with your ex? This can cause conflict between you and your future husband, whatever country or background he's from. Is your fiance going to have a say in the running of the house and the discipline of your daughter? I've known British husbands who haven't and wound up resenting the situation to the extent that the marriage broke down. And that's without him having sacrificed his home and family to be with you. Unless, and I'm sorry for saying this, but there is at least the possibility, he has an ulterior motive.

You don't have to get married in Cairo to get married properly. In Islam, I believe, you have to have a shabka (as little as you ask for) and a party for it to be a proper wedding. The family should be there and the alarm bells should be deafening if they aren't. You do have to register the marriage with the UK Embassy in Cairo for it to be legally recognised here, I think, and help with his visa application.

As everyone says, the Home Office will take a great deal into account in coming to a decision. Don't think envelopes. Think box files. Longevity of the relationship, whether he has sound finances to support himself with and a job offer or good employment prospects here. Vitally they want to know that can support himself without having recourse to public funds. If he can't the onus will fall on you. If you do have sufficient funds to sponsor him, beware the story of the goose that laid golden eggs.

On a positive note, I used to be a clerk in an immgration department, dealing with Eastern European applications before they joined the EU. If there is a will there's a way. I'm not talking about anything dodgy. But if you want something badly enough, you'll work your ass off to get it. Just keep plug-plug-plugging away. Just keep in mind that the process can take years if he/you aren't well off, and it takes stamina and determination. Bags of it. Do you have enough to spare while you're trying to raise your little girl?

I would say slow down. Consider all the issues from every possible angle. Know what you're up against and don't rush into anything you can't get out of.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

None are in pursuit of love, they're all settled and doing fine, point out a regular ESer who's fvcked up her life whom I've "befriended"..answer is zero. [Roll Eyes]
Obviously you have drank DeNile like the rest of them.

Have you ever met an ESer in person? or are these lasses "virtual" friends?

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How did Sesame Street get back to the magic letter of 'D' so quickly? We've had P for Pablo, W for Weirdkitty, flipping heck... Did we skip A for Ayisha? This is impossible, surely?

Come on Metinoot, play nice. It won't hurt, I promise.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by madderthanamonkey:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How did Sesame Street get back to the magic letter of 'D' so quickly? We've had P for Pablo, W for Weirdkitty, flipping heck... Did we skip A for Ayisha? This is impossible, surely?

Come on Metinoot, play nice. It won't hurt, I promise.

Sarcasm doesn't equate "trust" for me.

I have my opinion, and while all the posters above when they initially started posting had "red flags" up to the teeth.

Not all westerns consider "red flag" relationships of an inter-culture nature to be normal or admirable. There are Egyptians in Egypt who read this forum from time to time and it doesn't have to be so one-sided.

If you go back and look at the very old threads which are UBB but a flat file system (which you must type in this current ES database doesn't link to those threads) you'll notice at one time Egyptians were floored by these type of relationships. Actually many were insulted. This was back in the day when ES was half to one third Egyptian. Now ES might have 4 regular Egyptian posters/members and I don't consider Dozzer to be one of them.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
You don't consider DZ to be Egyptian? So what do you consider him to be?
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
what 'type' of relationship sono, the woman asked for advice and she is getting it from all posters in here but YOU who are now goading Dzosser who in his made up fantasy life is now NOT an Egyptian man! WTF is he then?

--------------------

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:

If you go back and look at the very old threads which are UBB but a flat file system (which you must type in this current ES database doesn't link to those threads)...

Better things to do [Roll Eyes]

But, as usual, you're not answering the OP, you're just hijacking the thread again and making it all about you. Other members answer the OP. You attack them, make inflammatory comments to draw other members in, and before you know what's what it's a 400 post slanging match. It just gets so boring.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

If you go back and look at the very old threads which are UBB but a flat file system (which you must type in this current ES database doesn't link to those threads)...

But, as usual, you're not answering the OP, you're just hijacking the thread again and making it all about you. Other members answer the OP. You attack them, make inflammatory comments to draw other members in, and before you know what's what it's a 400 post slanging match. It just gets so boring.

Actually I rarely share information about myself anymore, so your rebuff isn't kosher.

97% of regular posters on this board are either frauds or western women who met their love interest on vacation or online. Then there is the hangerons like CF who I don't entirely believe is not seeking an Arabian Stallion.

Before Sammi took over the board there was alot of member diversity, but since Sammi is in one of those "red flag" relationships himself that is what dominates the board.

ES is definitely missing perspective.

Unlike you MadMonkey I actually do my research before hitting the tarmac in Egypt. I have an agenda and a list of things to accomplish when I travel to Egypt and that list isn't dictated to me by a group package tour or a gigolo.

The old threads on ES actually are chockfull of extremely important information. Not quite the amount of sob stories and sugarmama in denile or fraud protestations crap that has been proliferating in the last 5 years or so.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually I rarely share information about myself anymore, so your rebuff isn't kosher.
You misunderstood her. This is nothing to do with sharing your info and everything to do with you butting in and throwing crap and not bothering to reference any of it to the OP therefore it becomes yet another of your fantasy slinging threads.

quote:
97% of regular posters on this board are either frauds or western women who met their love interest on vacation or online. Then there is the hangerons like CF who I don't entirely believe is not seeking an Arabian Stallion.
YOUR fantasy

quote:
Before Sammi took over the board there was alot of member diversity, but since Sammi is in one of those "red flag" relationships himself that is what dominates the board.
YOUR fantasy

quote:
YOUR fantasy

quote:
Unlike you MadMonkey I actually do my research before hitting the tarmac in Egypt. I have an agenda and a list of things to accomplish when I travel to Egypt and that list isn't dictated to me by a group package tour or a gigolo.
YOUR fantasy.

quote:
The old threads on ES actually are chockfull of extremely important information. Not quite the amount of sob stories and sugarmama in denile or fraud protestations crap that has been proliferating in the last 5 years or so.

YOUR fantasy,

it possibly changed when you started spitting your bile in everyones direction 6 years ago.

Now either put something constructive for the OP on the subject she asked or go and lay down in a dark room and leave people alone, you are totally BORING right now.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Oooookay. Lovely [Cool] Let's go.

quote:
quote:
quote:

You share more than you apparently have the intelligence and humility to even know. Every little snipe; jibe; backbiting comment is a window into a bitter and twisted, arrogant and jealous soul. You see a happily married couple on here and are you pleased for them? No. You try to stir up some $hit between them from way back when and call their baby disgusting names. You do this because you need the attention. I stand by what I said.

quote:

Oh please. Are you trying to say you're a part of the chosen 3%? Give me a break. You're here for precisely the same reason as I am. Because you met and Egyptian man. I just have the balls to say so, and don't just go riding roughshot on my high horse, going out of my way to pi$$ everyone off.

CF has more charm, intellect and wit in her little finger than you could ever hope to possess. No wonder you can't sus her out.

Did you refer to your ex as an 'Arabian stallion'? No wonder he bolted then, is it?

quote:

What constitutes a red flag relationship, in your eyes? Age? The guy I work for has a much older wife. He worships the ground that she walks on. Do you know why? Because... Let's call her Mrs B. Because Mrs B is an AMAZING lady. I know you won't get this, but amazing doesn't just = strong. She's NICE above everything else.

So if it isn't age, is it personal wealth? Because in the example I've just given you, Mrs B was the secretary and Mr B the hotshot lawyer.

So if it isn't age or wealth, is it cultural differences? Is it meeting your 'love interest' (PMAB) on holiday? Mrs B's daughter met a Tunisian on holiday. She waited two months, then ran back and married him, at the ripe old age of 22. Mrs B was none too impressed about this. However, 2 beautiful granddaughters and a sometimes tricky, but very loving, 20 odd year marriage later, Mrs B is very happy to admit that she was wrong. She admits this because, shock, horror, just like Mrs B, he's a good person and everyone likes him.

I also know a 'mail order bride' from Singapore who came here who to marry the builder she met on the net. She did the conversion course and now works as a solicitor here. They're as happy as ever 10 years on and trying for a baby.

It isn't good to generalise. There are plenty of horror stories, to be sure, but open up your eyes a bit wider, you might see a few folks around here who are genuinely happy.

quote:

I was fascinated with Egypt when I was a kid. I love history, and it's the ultimate, isn't it? When I was a teenager, I was chomping at the bit to go, but everyone around me put me off. It's dirty; it's dangerous. I wish I'd been like Cheeky. I wish I'd just said stuff it, I'm going. But every time I tried, something or other kicked off - this was back when they were giving out FCO warnings every other week about terrorist attacks. Finally, my aunt went on a Nile cruise and I thought wooohoo, if she can do it, so can I. Only a couple of months later she came down with some parasitic disease and died within a few days of the first symptoms. So I went here and there around Europe, then a bit further. I made it to Sri Lanka. The week after I came back, Colombo airport was attacked by the LTTE. Close call. Little while on I remember running for a train in Paddington, thinking I haaaaave to get on this. No real reason for feeling it, I could have been late, but I really, really felt it in my gut. Got back, then in the middle of the night had my mum on the phone in tears. The train after mine crashed. Ok. Thought back. Our house burned down when I was a kid. We were away one night, and when we came back it was raised to the ground. And when I sat and thought about it, I decided, actually, I'm not scared of anything anymore. When it's my time I'm a goner - and that's that.

So when I came to Egypt the first time, I didn't research it nooooo. I certainly didn't feel the need to research Egyptian men. That wasn't on my itinerary. I booked it, packed it and f***** off. And I followed my intinerary to the T, all on my tod. No package tour or gigalo in toe.

I met someone. We went for tea one evening. There was nothing sordid in it and I'm no 'sugarmomma'. I can assure you, I have all my own teeth. We just hit it off. Sweetie, I'm not talking about sex. I'm talking about having the same interests, humour and moral foundation.

I've been back four times now. Every one has been perfect. I'm asked what I would like to do, and whatever it is, we do it. If I said I wanted to go to the moon, he'd be off building a rocket. If that isn't your experience, too bad for you.

quote:

Maybe it all turned sour when you turned sour. Tell me, why do you still come?

Sorry for hijacking the post OP. I have no more. Blowing a gale out, it is.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oooookay. Lovely [Cool] Let's go.

quote:
quote:
quote:

You share more than you apparently have the intelligence and humility to even know. Every little snipe; jibe; backbiting comment is a window into a bitter and twisted, arrogant and jealous soul. You see a happily married couple on here and are you pleased for them? No. You try to stir up some $hit between them from way back when and call their baby disgusting names. You do this because you need the attention. I stand by what I said.

quote:

Oh please. Are you trying to say you're a part of the chosen 3%? Give me a break. You're here for precisely the same reason as I am. Because you met and Egyptian man. I just have the balls to say so, and don't just go riding roughshot on my high horse, going out of my way to pi$$ everyone off.

CF has more charm, intellect and wit in her little finger than you could ever hope to possess. No wonder you can't sus her out.

Did you refer to your ex as an 'Arabian stallion'? No wonder he bolted then, is it?

quote:

What constitutes a red flag relationship, in your eyes? Age? The guy I work for has a much older wife. He worships the ground that she walks on. Do you know why? Because... Let's call her Mrs B. Because Mrs B is an AMAZING lady. I know you won't get this, but amazing doesn't just = strong. She's NICE above everything else.

So if it isn't age, is it personal wealth? Because in the example I've just given you, Mrs B was the secretary and Mr B the hotshot lawyer.

So if it isn't age or wealth, is it cultural differences? Is it meeting your 'love interest' (PMAB) on holiday? Mrs B's daughter met a Tunisian on holiday. She waited two months, then ran back and married him, at the ripe old age of 22. Mrs B was none too impressed about this. However, 2 beautiful granddaughters and a sometimes tricky, but very loving, 20 odd year marriage later, Mrs B is very happy to admit that she was wrong. She admits this because, shock, horror, just like Mrs B, he's a good person and everyone likes him.

I also know a 'mail order bride' from Singapore who came here who to marry the builder she met on the net. She did the conversion course and now works as a solicitor here. They're as happy as ever 10 years on and trying for a baby.

It isn't good to generalise. There are plenty of horror stories, to be sure, but open up your eyes a bit wider, you might see a few folks around here who are genuinely happy.

quote:

I was fascinated with Egypt when I was a kid. I love history, and it's the ultimate, isn't it? When I was a teenager, I was chomping at the bit to go, but everyone around me put me off. It's dirty; it's dangerous. I wish I'd been like Cheeky. I wish I'd just said stuff it, I'm going. But every time I tried, something or other kicked off - this was back when they were giving out FCO warnings every other week about terrorist attacks. Finally, my aunt went on a Nile cruise and I thought wooohoo, if she can do it, so can I. Only a couple of months later she came down with some parasitic disease and died within a few days of the first symptoms. So I went here and there around Europe, then a bit further. I made it to Sri Lanka. The week after I came back, Colombo airport was attacked by the LTTE. Close call. Little while on I remember running for a train in Paddington, thinking I haaaaave to get on this. No real reason for feeling it, I could have been late, but I really, really felt it in my gut. Got back, then in the middle of the night had my mum on the phone in tears. The train after mine crashed. Ok. Thought back. Our house burned down when I was a kid. We were away one night, and when we came back it was raised to the ground. And when I sat and thought about it, I decided, actually, I'm not scared of anything anymore. When it's my time I'm a goner - and that's that.

So when I came to Egypt the first time, I didn't research it nooooo. I certainly didn't feel the need to research Egyptian men. That wasn't on my itinerary. I booked it, packed it and f***** off. And I followed my intinerary to the T, all on my tod. No package tour or gigalo in toe.

I met someone. We went for tea one evening. There was nothing sordid in it and I'm no 'sugarmomma'. We just hit it off. Sweetie, I'm not talking about sex. I'm talking about having the same interests, humour and moral foundation.

quote:

Maybe it all turned sour when you turned sour. Tell me, why do you still come?

Sorry for hijacking the post OP. I have no more. Blowing a gale out, it is.

bravo with a standing ovation [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
ditto what micky said!!

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
ditto what micky said!!

[Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Booked it, packed it, fecked off [Smile]

Did you find T'egypt on t'internet [Wink]

Arabian stallion ... Begad!!! Am I no longer considered to be a man?

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
And an Italian man at that wasn't it? Or a pink elephant? Who knows what's what. What what?

Ooh wait... IT'S SPITTING!

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I was an italian male, well remembered... I think that was the time I was married and lived in Ma'adi!!!

This week I fancy a change, so this week I think I fancy being an Arabian stallion from a Shire [Wink]

Cheesecake... A cake! With cheese in....!!!

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent post madmonkey!
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Booked it, packed it, fecked off [Smile]

Did you find T'egypt on t'internet [Wink]

Arabian stallion ... Begad!!! Am I no longer considered to be a man?

yes but you still want an Arabian stalion [Big Grin]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i want a stallion as well..can egyptian men be stallions too..??i want vitamin C u M... JUST SPEWING AT THE FINGERS TODAY..

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
I really don't understand why the "fighters" assume I'll read their rants. I won't. I also don't understand why people expect me to follow their self-imposed rules when they refuse to follow them themselves.

Anyhow once upon a time before Sami there was many more regular posters of a wider diversity of interest/intent in Egypt.

Now its just this, "how do I get my mohamed into the country" or "how do I get into egypt to live my with mohamed and live according to his rules which limit her to a life in a closet".

Really its gotten pathetic. Why don't Egyptian citizens organize a petition to reduce these types of relationships by now allowing the MOJ to conduct these marriages or in order to renew "tourist visas" they must collect tourist attraction ticket stubs to prove they are really tourists.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well thank god mine isnt named mohmed huh? hahahaha

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
neither is mine tina, so it doesn't apply to us [Big Grin]

--------------------

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I know a few Egyptians called John, Eric and Alan if you ladies fancy a little romance away from the usual names here. [Big Grin]

www.pimp my western named male Egyptian friends.com

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
neither is mine tina, so it doesn't apply to us [Big Grin]

me either [Razz]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i know one named Adam [Razz] [Wink]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Really its gotten pathetic. Why don't Egyptian citizens organize a petition to reduce these types of relationships by now allowing the MOJ to conduct these marriages or in order to renew "tourist visas" they must collect tourist attraction ticket stubs to prove they are really tourists.

Now your request really does sound pathetic. Money doesn't stink for Egyptians and as long as they can enhance their way of living they will do anything to achieve that. Marriage to a foreigner is a big business for a lot of people over there. Only the very traditional families will refuse to accept a foreign non-Muslim bride for their sons. Sometimes if the woman is willing to convert to Islam for the sake of this relationship then she got better cards with the future in-laws.

Unfortunately many ladies rush into ill-fated relationships with Egyptians and don't realize what they getting themselves into upon marrying them. Then they come on this forum to share their problems, tears and want to find help & support which they will widely receive cause apparently other members went through the same crap before. Go figure!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
i know one named Adam [Razz] [Wink]

I have a friend with a 3 year old called Joyce.

Hello 1981. Cute lil lass though.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oh and I know a dude called Adam too... his real name is Nicholas but we all know that is not the best name in Egypt [Big Grin]

A boring story but hey, I just wanna be part of the show [Wink]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
My friend has a daughter called Mandy, he had heard the name long before he met and married his wife and like it so much he named his first daughter Mandy. There are quite a few Adams, Peter, John etc.

--------------------

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I hate certain types of names... Apple, Summer. Egypt etc... border line cruelty and quite chavvy.

But I used to work in a school in the UK and there was a Keanu! Now that is just insane!

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
quote:

Now your request really does sound pathetic. Money doesn't stink for Egyptians and as long as they can enhance their way of living they will do anything to achieve that. Marriage to a foreigner is a big business for a lot of people over there. Only the very traditional families will refuse to accept a foreign non-Muslim bride for their sons. Sometimes if the woman is willing to convert to Islam for the sake of this relationship then she got better cards with the future in-laws.

Unfortunately many ladies rush into ill-fated relationships with Egyptians and don't realize what they getting themselves into upon marrying them. Then they come on this forum to share their problems, tears and want to find help & support which they will widely receive cause apparently other members went through the same crap before. Go figure!!!

Did you once go through this same old crap Tigerlilly?

I have never seen you once support anyone on here that married an Egyptian ?

You seem to criticize more rather than help people.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
We had an Elvis at my school.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I read that as Elves... I thought you were joining la la land for a minute!!!

Some parents are just priceless eh! I hope he wasn't ridiculed too much.

My bank manager is called Elton!!!

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
No, he wasn't ridiculed at all. He was from the travelling community. Any one who dared try it would be facing his nine brothers come 4 o'clock.

Same goes for his cousin - Bruce Lee.

The best one was when the pink ladies caught Fred Smith in the orchards having it off with his 20 stone cousin.

Classy school that was.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marydot:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
quote:

Did you once go through this same old crap Tigerlilly?

I have never seen you once support anyone on here that married an Egyptian ?

You seem to criticize more rather than help people.

Wow..... it's been only five days since you had the last go at me on here. Remember this????

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=008206;p=8

And now you feel the urge already to get personally again????

How about PEOPLE DO HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS. People make own experiences which form their opinions. Is it to difficult for you to accept that???? Really you can't dictate people what to think and what not.

You know it's weekend, it's Sunday and I don't wanna get into any argument here also my time is limited today. Really don't you have a family you can hang out with or at least pray the whole day??? Get busy, marydot, don't focus all your negative energy on a person you just know over the internet.

Now quickly about Egyptian guys: I've met a lot of shady characters while living in Cairo. That's right, marydot, I had to endure them day and night for three years. I was basically an easy-going walking sex goddess from Europe so they thought. I had to live in a society where a woman is considered second best, where men rule and surely that wasn't my cup of tea.

Have you ever lived in a Muslim society, marydot????

No of course not. You don't know how it feels to get watched when you just step out of your building in the morning for the whole day until you return in the evening. You don't know how it feels if you walk with your better half and men are disrepectful and still try to flirt with you ala tul. You don't know how it feels to walk down a street to buy some bloody vegetables and all what you get is hassled. There are so many stories I witnessed but it would take too long right now.

I did meet some decent guys (usually more educated and civilized), some of them which were married to foreign women but unfortunately the majority was just just downright disappointing sleazy, not honest etc. etc.

Okay, I really gotta go now, girls. My little boy is turning 5 and we still have to cut the chocolate cake!!! I can't believe my baby is already so big now. Happy birthday, M.!!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
I was not getting personal with you Tigerlilly I just asked if you went through the same old crap.
Seems like you did!! And thanks for your reply it was honest and straight forward, just because you had a bad experience, it dont mean everyone will have the same experiences as you.

I live here in london in a muslim community so i do know where your coming from,even today i get stared at because a white female is wearing hijab.

I have visited Morocco and Tunis and I have personally seen women get bothered by the locals.

Its a shame that arab men have to act like this towards woman, but woman are warned to cover up well before traveling to any islamic country's.

Thanks Tigerlilly for your reply it was straight forward and did make sense.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
We had an Elvis at my school.

Elvis never left the house. [Wink]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com