EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Locate a friend or business in Egypt » afrang region

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: afrang region
devilsdancer
Member # 3387

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for devilsdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there can anyone give me some information on the Afrang region in Ismailia? I would be very grateful as i have tried everywhere else i can think of.

------------------
Elizabeth

Posts: 8 | From: scotland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you need to know? El Afrang district [commonly called the afrangi district,by the locals, meaning the district of the foreigners because its foreign rulers had resided there since the founding of the Suez Canal (and the city) in 1869] is a district in Ismailia, city in northeastern Egypt, capital of the governorate of Ismailia on Lake Timsah, near the Mediterranean Sea. Ismailia is both the name of a governorate, as well as a city - named after the Khedive Ismail - It's located close to Port Said (78.5km) which is West of the Suez Canal.
So once you get to Ismailia (approx.715,000 inhabitants) you ask the taxi driver to take you to El Afrang district.
Here is a website with pictures and more details: http://www.touregypt.net/ismailia.htm

N.B -Part of this info is my own information and the other part was taken from the back of a postcard, and some info was found on the internet.

quote:
Originally posted by devilsdancer:
Hi there can anyone give me some information on the Afrang region in Ismailia? I would be very grateful as i have tried everywhere else i can think of.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 12 January 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
devilsdancer
Member # 3387

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for devilsdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monica, Thankyou for the reply it was very informative. I would like to visit Egypt soon & i am interested in travelling to Ismailia. I would be very grateful for any more general info or pictures on the Afrang region if possible.

Again Monica many thanks,
Elizabeth.

------------------
Elizabeth

Posts: 8 | From: scotland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Monica, Thankyou for the reply it was very informative. I would like to visit Egypt soon & i am interested in travelling to Ismailia. I would be very grateful for any more general info or pictures on the Afrang region if possible.

Again Monica many thanks,
Elizabeth.

Why in the hell would anyone specifically choose Ismalia to visit in Egypt? Sorry, but there isn't anything much there, and fewer decent places to stay once you get there. Please, tell me what the attraction is? American military?

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
devilsdancer
Member # 3387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for devilsdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Why in the hell would anyone specifically choose Ismalia to visit in Egypt? :p Sorry, but there isn't anything much there, and fewer decent places to stay once you get there. Please, tell me what the attraction is? American military?

------------------
Elizabeth

devilsdancer
Member # 3387

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for devilsdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly debbie hi.
If visiting egypt id go to ismailia for a visit,1 day not to stay. Ive heard through friends who have been its a place worth seeing & is of historical value also. I wouldnt live in ismailia i would live in cairo. But ismailia is just 1 of the many places id like to visit while there, on a shoestring budget though.
I dont understand what u meant American Military? are u american military or am i interested in hooking up with 1. If its the latter its insulting,im not even aware of forces that are stationed there, plus im a happily married lady with kids & if i wanted to bag myself something nice it wouldnt be a yank. So can u give me any info what the afrang region is like seeing u seem to know lots on the area?

------------------
Elizabeth

karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dear Elizabeth,

I do love Ismailea and if there was a decent job available I would like very much to live there! I'm not too much fond of the crowds, noise and traffic of the big cities.

In Ismailea I do love the old french buildings, they are all villas made from wood, beautifully decorated. There is also the Roman Museum to be visited, small but worth the while, also take the ferry to the other side of the Suez canal (to the Sinai) and watch the huge vessels passing by. Since I live in Cairo I do always enjoy the greens, gardens and fields and if you travel in Summer you'll find the freshest, sweetest and cheapest mango fruits you'll ever be able to eat. Ismailia is also called the mango city, because it is surrounded by mango groves and date palms. It may not have to offer pharaonic treasures, but it is a very nice place to visit, one more impression on the many faces of Egypt.

Peace, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Ismailia is a beautiful and calm city, I always go there as I like it alot. sure u will have a happy time there.

Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliamuslimah
Member # 3900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliamuslimah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
devilsdancer the song from metallica hahah i seen u on other message board getting attcked for asking about afrang region lol funny small world.
Posts: 23 | From: mississauga ontario | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliamuslimah
Member # 3900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliamuslimah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
even funnier thing im moving to ismailia inmay but had no clue whats afrang just remembered u from another site...freaky how that happens eh!
Posts: 23 | From: mississauga ontario | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luca100273
Member # 4235

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for luca100273     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO.....

Could anybody help me please.....i am thinking of coming to live in Ismailia and start my own business.....do you guys know anyone who can help in regard to legislation....?

Thank you

Luca

Posts: 12 | From: Leicester, England, UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com