EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Locate a friend or business in Egypt » a little help about local administration

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a little help about local administration
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everybody!
Please, can someone bear with me and explain something here? I try to search on the maps, but there are different names for the same thing.
Someone told me he lives in Mansoura city. Eh, well, i find Al Mansoura, El Mansoura, Al Mansurah...same thing, different names.
After that, i heard about Dakhalya (same problem: Daqhalia, Dakhalya, Dhakaleya...)
What are those. Is it Dhakalya a district and the other one a city? ... or what?
After that, when i was asking for more informations, he told me that Souk El Gomla street is beside Ahmed Tawfek street, but when i search that one, i saw it located in Al Gharbia, Tanta.
So, is somebody outhere with enough patience to explain that to me? I've never been to Egypt, a know very little about their local administration, so...i'm lost here.
I'll be very grateful for any kind of information...

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, everybody!
If i was asking on the street, someone have been already answered by now. I asked that 3 hours ago!
Nobody here willing to give a little help?

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they are about different transliteration

Daqhalia, Dakhalya both are the same district.
its better to stick to one map , because ppl write arabic words in different ways as they pronounce words in arabic.

Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Thanks for the clarification about the transliteration!
But can you explain all the other things to me? What about Souk El Gomla Street? It's in El Mansoura gharb or sharq?

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
Thanks for the clarification about the transliteration!
But can you explain all the other things to me? What about Souk El Gomla Street? It's in El Mansoura gharb or sharq?

dunno about El Mansoura - and never heard of El Gomla st. becaus no one can tell unless s/he is from Elmansour.

but i know Souk El Goma'a in Al Qala'a [Razz]

Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Now you lost me completely! Then how come a person could say "i live in El Mansoura city, on Souk El Gomla street"?
Where is Al Qala'a?

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Al Qala'a is in cairo - the castle of Muahmed Ali.

and believe me there is no one in cairo with complete knowledge of all street names.

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Thanks a lot for your patience! But now i've put a huge question mark above everything that guy told me.Nothing fits here!
Shokran lemosaadatek!

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
sadeeqy plz understand me.
if i say , i never heard of thatt street , it doesnt mean anything except i dont know. because im not from Elmansoura. thats all.

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Sorry, just going crazy here! You're right, i will think at this matter in the morning!
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Humanized:

and believe me there is no one in cairo with complete knowledge of all street names.

Not even taxi driver [Confused]
Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by K7:
quote:
Originally posted by Humanized:

no , you can reach your distenation with a taxi - but you have to be in the same district.
you cant take a taxi from cairo - and ask him about a specific street in alexandria! you know what i mean?

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh yea
i thought you meant no person had complete knowlege of all streeting within cairo
[Smile]
mashi!

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by K7:

LOL!!! The overwhelming majority of taxi drivers in Cairo expect the customer to tell them the way.

I usually know my way around and can guide them but if I have to go to a place I haven't been to before it's a hassle because many drivers agree only reluctantly to ask for the way. And even if they do, they tend to not really listen to the explanation but just drive on and ask someone else on the next corner, then drive a bit, ask someone else again and so on ...
[Wink]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
wow 1500 post exaclty....

yea good point
once me n ma mate wanted to go sudan road...
and he took us to the oppisite end, u know how long that road is...

so he charged us again to take us to the other end [Roll Eyes]

poor guy [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by K7:
and he took us to the oppisite end, u know how long that road is...

Oh yes!!! [Big Grin]

But why did you pay if it was his fault he took you to the wrong end?

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
we felt sorry for him.... [Frown]

he wasted all his petrol and he was sweating...
and he was so kind....

--------------------
--
here...

Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunted_Porcelain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ki$$7eaven:
we felt sorry for him.... [Frown]

he wasted all his petrol and "HE WAS SWEATING"...
and "HE WAS SO KIND"....

loool~~ Now that gives me a lot of ideas!! [Roll Eyes]
My mom always said i do have a big imgaination!!
[Big Grin]
lol sorry couldn't help it!! I had to write that! Seemed funny! Cheers!!

Posts: 116 | From: Cairo - Maadi | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com