EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Locate a friend or business in Egypt » how do i find out if he really is single?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how do i find out if he really is single?
kurdtISdead
Member # 12177

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kurdtISdead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i met an Egyptian man online. We've been chatting regularly (almost everyday) for about a year now. he wants me to go to Egypt and be married to him. as i am not rich and i come from a third world country, i dont think he's interested in marrying me for migration purposes.
i have a stable job which I can still keep even if i move to egypt. i am worried about many things though, and i want to confirm the things he has told me: i want to find out if he is really single, if he does really own a business, and if he really has his own apartment.
he sent me a scanned copy of his national ID, he also gave me his home address and phone number. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN FIND OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT HIM?

I really love this man and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I am willing to move to Egypt to be with him. However, I just want to be sure that I am not being victimized by another Egyptian gigolo. I have heard and read too many stories about Egyptian men victimizing foreign women.

Looking forward to your help. Thanks.

Posts: 17 | From: pearl_of_the_orient | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go visit him and have a good time. See what your heart then tells you. If you can keep your job - then you have nothing to loose. Trust me they are not all bad. Im married to a very very good egyptian man and I now have a lot of friends who is married to egyptian men without any complains [Smile] Follow your heart but do visit him first because that very different to see some one "live" insted on the internet.

Go for it [Smile]

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kurdtISdead
Member # 12177

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kurdtISdead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tibe,

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate your advice.

Posts: 17 | From: pearl_of_the_orient | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Last Knight
Member # 9918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Last Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even if you can verify, do not let him feel he is treated like a susbect my lady, No Eastern man will tolerate this... if he tolerated... I do not think he will be the right person

--------------------
Last Knight

Posts: 139 | From: Cairo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Last Knight:
Even if you can verify, do not let him feel he is treated like a susbect my lady, No Eastern man will tolerate this... if he tolerated... I do not think he will be the right person

Don't you think her love interest would want the same verification?

I mean seriously why do you think that checking a person's credentials and personal stats are out of the question. Both are in the dark here.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kurdtISdead
Member # 12177

Rate Member
thanks for the reply.

lastknight, i am not treating him like a suspect. i just wanna be sure. here when foreigners want to marry, they have to present a certificate from their country's embassy stating that they are eligible to marry.
i am not familiar with how marriage are conducted in egypt but ive read some postings here about it which makes me kinda think twice about coming over there, meeting him, and marrying him. fyi, i am paying for the whole trip. i know i shouldnt give more value to money than to my feelings but i figure it wont hurt if i just verify things before i rush into something.
so, going back to my original question: is there anyway i can verify some personal information?

Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kurdtISdead:
thanks for the reply.

lastknight, i am not treating him like a suspect. i just wanna be sure. here when foreigners want to marry, they have to present a certificate from their country's embassy stating that they are eligible to marry.
i am not familiar with how marriage are conducted in egypt but ive read some postings here about it which makes me kinda think twice about coming over there, meeting him, and marrying him. fyi, i am paying for the whole trip. i know i shouldnt give more value to money than to my feelings but i figure it wont hurt if i just verify things before i rush into something.
so, going back to my original question: is there anyway i can verify some personal information?

Go there and meet him but DON'T GET MARRIED before you konw him!
Especially when you pay for everything,
Just think twice.
He can say be anything on the net and you seem to be an easy catch.
Just get to know the guy first, remember he can have 4 wifes.
I personally can not understand how somebody can make such a big decision like getting married when you know somebody on the net only, they can tell you anything.
I know there are some happy relationships also that started on the net.
But you can not know somebody just through the net.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kurdtISdead
Member # 12177

Rate Member
thank you mimmi.your advice is well-appreciated. i think i will not go to Egypt and meet him. I figure if he really is true to me, he has to come here and get me. I am not in a hurry anyway.

ive been reading a lot of posts on the Egyptian Marriage/Love experiences, and learned many things...

maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would agree with tibe,go to egypt&have a good time,if it works out then good,what do you have to lose?Go on.... [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where does this guy live?

People on here, sometimes can give advice..... as certain areas are 'Home' to males with the wrong intention...

Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kurdtISdead
Member # 12177

Rate Member
thanks for all your reply.

the guy is from alexandria, asafra region..his address says: sidi beshr kebly.he said he lives with his family but he has boughtan apartment in cairo and sidi beshar just recently. and he claims to have a business at a place called Action1 Mall but he says he is always in Sheraton to do some works.

tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you only need to worry about this if you are american...they have no use for other women like what they use us for. go get him girl.
Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the guy is from alexandria, asafra region..his address says: sidi beshr kebly.he said he lives with his family but he has boughtan apartment in cairo and sidi beshar just recently. and he claims to have a business at a place called Action1 Mall but he says he is always in Sheraton to do some works.

Based on the place where he comes from, he's either not telling the truth about Cairo apartment, or he bought a mouse-hole in a place where you would rather die than live in.

And having a business in a mall could also mean a table with some newspapers on it. Or it could also mean that he works for someone in a shop and wants to impress you by saying he owns it.

And sett Tami, the US is not the only heaven on earth. [Roll Eyes]

I don't like what I'm reading about him. PLEASE go to Egypt and stay there for MONTHS before you decide to marry him.

It's your life, not a game.

Good luck.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kurdtISdead
Member # 12177

Rate Member
thanks for your reply. i've decided not to go...and yes, i think he is a liar!
i have one thing to thank him though. he introduced me to Islam. i dont intend to convert or revert, but i have a better perspective about Islam now. and for that reason, im glad i've met him.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
thanks for your reply. i've decided not to go...and yes, i think he is a liar!
i have one thing to thank him though. he introduced me to Islam. i dont intend to convert or revert, but i have a better perspective about Islam now. and for that reason, im glad i've met him.

MashaAllah! Finally a sane woman on this site who hasn't fallen for a gigolo aiming at her.

I have so much respect for you because you have respect for yourself.

I am glad you still see Islam in a positive way. It has nothing to do with his behavior. It's a beautiful religion being abused, just like Christianity and Judaism.

Have a great life, and God willing you will meet the person who deserves you. I have just made a prayer for you to find all the best in life.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kurdtISdead
Member # 12177

Rate Member
thanks MK!right now, im taking my time. i still plan to pursue a study of Islam and the Arabic language and culture.
LeBwA_kEbiRa
Member # 12287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeBwA_kEbiRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
why don't you just come to visit him in Egypt? If he's not what you thought, at least you can see a beautiful country and make some friends and I'm sure ES can give you suggestions on what to do for fun. And if you do like him, you two can get to know each other better and maybe even get married.. Don't listen to those bitter negative people.. Not every Egyptian man is a gigolo. You've been chatting for a year, trust your instincts. You really have nothing to lose. Take a chance.
Posts: 28 | From: U.S.A and Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAMES BOND 007
Member # 12322

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAMES BOND 007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DEAR KURDTISDEAD
I READ URS WHOLE STORY AND ALSO READ THE FREINDS WHO REPLY /ADVISE U IN THIS CASE .ALL FREIND SAYS RITE BUT IN MY POINT OF VIEW ON NET HERE IS U CAN NEVER TRUST TO ANY BODY NOT EVEN ON ME B CAUSE I HAVE GREAT EXPERIENCE IN THIS CASE THAT I HAVE JOIN THIS CHANNEL VERY FAIRLY BUT NOBODY CAN RESPONSE ME THEN I HAVE AGIN HERE WITH DIFFERENT USER AND FROM EUROPE THEN EVERY ONE WANT TO TALK ME AND MAILING MY PERSONAL ID SO MY ADVISE IS THIS THAT LISTEN URS HEART, THAT WHAT URS HEART SAYS THEN DECIDE MAY BE HE WILL FALL SOME SERIOUS PROBLEMS.OR INVOLVE ANY EMERGENCY SO DONOT TAKE DECISION IMMEDIATELY. TAKE DECESION TO SEE ALL ESPECT IN FRONT OF U.
HOPE U WILL DONOT IGNOR ME.
THANKS

Posts: 6 | From: LONDON | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com