EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » Need to learn Russian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need to learn Russian
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would very much like to learn conversational Russian. I live in Heliopolis, near Merghany.
Male or female teachers are invited to contact me.

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizaveta
Member # 3901

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizaveta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jaguar:
I would very much like to learn conversational Russian. I live in Heliopolis, near Merghany.

Jaguar, hi! I can help you find good teachers of Russian in Cairo. When you say "conversational Russian", do you need conversational business Russian, conversational to be a tourist in Russia, etc? What is your shedule like for the lessons? Thanks

[This message has been edited by Elizaveta (edited 28 March 2004).]

Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVi
Member # 3881

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I'm living in Heliopolis too,I can teach you,by the way, may be you will teach me Arabic?

Posts: 7 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much time do u think we need as arabic speakers to learn russian? I always wished to learn it but heard it's very difficult.

Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVi
Member # 3881

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for ViVi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egy_prince:
How much time do u think we need as arabic speakers to learn russian? I always wished to learn it but heard it's very difficult.

Russian language is a difficult language,but if you very want to learn ,everything it's possible,at last 3-4 monthes to know minimum,and after just experience.Talk,read,and talk and read,Russian TV,books..

Posts: 7 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ViVi:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by egy_prince:
[b]How much time do u think we need as arabic speakers to learn russian? I always wished to learn it but heard it's very difficult.

Russian language is a difficult language,but if you very want to learn ,everything it's possible,at last 3-4 monthes to know minimum,and after just experience.Talk,read,and talk and read,Russian TV,books..[/B][/QUOTE]

That's good, so how ,do u think, can u help me in that? I would be grateful.

Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVi
Member # 3881

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's good, so how ,do u think, can u help me in that? I would be grateful.

write me on my email, we can talk about this.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I had to learn for six years Russian lessons at school (and at that time I hated it because I'd have rather studied the French language), now I wish I would have been more smarter and focused about it.
Well I never used my language skills and I can't communicate anymore but I am still able to read and pronounce the words (sometimes I do make mistakes).
I would say that indeed Russian is difficult to learn - not that simple like English or Spanish - but its definitely easier than to learn the Arabic language.
Still the best thing next to taking lessons in the desired language is to communicate with native speakers; and yes - you should try to stay focused on your goal and don't lose interest after a couple of months.
Russian language is a great language.
Good luck, Jaguar!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Vivi... would u mind giving me ur email address .. now I think it's a good chance to learn a new language. I'm stuck to Arabic and English alot of years ago

Tigerlily, ur post is encouraging and optimistic..thank u.

ViVi
Member # 3881

Rate Member
quote:
Vivi... would u mind giving me ur email address .. now I think it's a good chance to learn a new language. I'm stuck to Arabic and English alot of years ago

Tigerlily, ur post is encouraging and optimistic..thank u.

vivi_hl@yahoo.com

highbrow
Member # 3806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for highbrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are kindly asked to call me at 4518068, from 10 AM to 6 PM. I am a professional instructor of Russian language. I have studied Russian at Moscow University.

Best Regards

Posts: 4 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Vivi, I sent u an email..hope to hear ur reply soon.

Highbrow :When I call u, will I expect u to reply in Arabic or English

highbrow
Member # 3806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for highbrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't worry, i will reply in Arabic. you can call me at (012) 3645178 at any time, or at 4518068 from 10 am to 5 pm. waiting your reply
Posts: 4 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elizaveta..
Thank you... Actually I need to communicate with my little son (kharochi Malchic) who speaks only Russian. So, basic Russian in my target. I'm willing to put as much effort as it takes to achieve that. Thanks again.
Tigerlily.. Yes, I do have the motive and have a great day.

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick2
Member # 3093

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for homesick2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

kharochi

wow..what a great name

[This message has been edited by homesick2 (edited 31 March 2004).]

Posts: 220 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Jaguar, of course in this case you have a motive ....... and its very much alive! )))

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by homesick2:
wow..what a great name

Homesick2... that's not my son's name. It means in Russian Good Baby.

and its very much alive!
Tigerlily... Yes, you're right. Aren't they the Light?

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

Well, Jaguar, I got three shining ........ and hopefully we will expand one more. I'd love to have another girl (I can only wish, God has to decide). My oldest is a daughter, then two boys came along (by the way their names are Sasha and Nikita - real Russian boy names!) so I'd love to have another little girl. And then I am done - I promise!

I don't want to be too personal but maybe I am right assuming you live seperated and your little son is back in Russia? Well if thats the case I am very sorry about the circumstances. But if you are all happy together in Egypt you really should teach him Arabic - its his heritage too.

My kids are growing up with German and English language, its really great.

jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

by the way their names are Sasha and Nikita - real Russian boy names!.

Tigerlily, always thought Nikita was a girl's name!!

Elizaveta
Member # 3901

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizaveta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Elizaveta..
Thank you... Actually I need to communicate with my little son (kharochi Malchic) who speaks only Russian. So, basic Russian in my target. I'm willing to put as much effort as it takes to achieve that. Thanks again.
Tigerlily.. Yes, I do have the motive and have a great day.

Jaguar, I asked one person I know. He is busy for now at least. I am not in Cairo, so I cannot help. Sorry I suggested to you, but I thought it would be easier. I have a few more people in mind. I will wait for their replies and let you know. Hope you have fun with your little boy! how old is he?

[This message has been edited by Elizaveta (edited 01 April 2004).]

Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizaveta
Member # 3901

Rate Member
quote:
Tigerlily, always thought Nikita was a girl's name!!

Jaguar, Nikita is a boy's name. It is quite a distinctive Russian name from "old" days. But it is quite popular in modern days too. It is very cute name, I agree, especially for a little cute boy. by the way, one of former Soviet Communist leaders who is so famous for taking his shoe and banning it in the US was Nikita Khrushev Tigerlilly, I agree both Sasha and Nikita are cute names. Sasha is a nickname for Aleksandr (Alexander) for a boy and also for a girl (Aleksandra).

P.S. I feel bad, Jaguar for keeping your hopes up. perhaps I can teach you some Russian virtually. let me know what you want to know meanwhile looking for teachers for you in the area.

Liza

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Elizaveta, thanks for helping me out here. I agree Nikita is a wonderful name for a cute boy (and thats what my little 13month old is)!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 01 April 2004).]

jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Elizaveta.. You mean Elton John was singing for the male Nikita? No wonder ! Believe me I never knew that. Thank you very much for your help.

[This message has been edited by jaguar (edited 01 April 2004).]

Elizaveta
Member # 3901

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Elizaveta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Elizaveta, thanks for helping me out here. I agree Nikita is a wonderful name for a cute boy (and thats what my little 13month old is)!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 01 April 2004).]

Tigerlilly, Good luck to you raising your kids. I am delighted to know that people from other countries love Russian names. Natasha is a very popular name, and I guess it gets stereotyped a lot. People think all girls are Natashas in Russia. I personally do not like it that much (do not get offended), this name is too common in Russia . it is a matter of taste, of course.

Elizaveta
Member # 3901

Rate Member
quote:
Elizaveta.. You mean Elton John was singing for the male Nikita? No wonder ! Believe me I never knew that. Thank you very much for your help.

[This message has been edited by jaguar (edited 01 April 2004).]

Jaguar,

You are most welcome. I have not helped you yet. I sent a few emails to my friends who are in Cairo now. no need to thank me as nothing has been done yet. I hope it will work out so you could talk to your boy

I am embarrased to admit, but I am not familiar with that particular song by Elton John you are referring to. I referred to Nikita Krushev's visit to USA. He took his shoe off and banned with it to prove his point on an issue. Everybody forgot what the issue is ( ) but everybody remembers his act! he came back from USA and started to grow corn everywhere! please, let me know which song you refer to, I will look it up. The time of Krushev's is called "thaw" as before him there was Stalin and such

jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Elizaveta

Hey Nikita is it cold
In your little corner of the world
You could roll around the globe
And never find a warmer soul to know

Oh I saw you by the wall
Ten of your tin soldiers in a row
With eyes that looked like ice on fire
The human heart a captive in the snow

Oh Nikita You will never know anything about my home
I'll never know how good it feels to hold you
Nikita I need you so
Oh Nikita is the other side of any given line in time
Counting ten tin soldiers in a row
Oh no, Nikita you'll never know

Do you ever dream of me
Do you ever see the letters that I write
When you look up through the wire
Nikita do you count the stars at night

And if there comes a time
Guns and gates no longer hold you in
And if you're free to make a choice
Just look towards the west and find a friend

Elizaveta
Member # 3901

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jaguar:
[b]

Elizaveta
Member # 3901

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Elizaveta:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jaguar:
[b]Elizaveta

Hey Nikita is it cold
In your little corner of the world
You could roll around the globe
And never find a warmer soul to know

Oh I saw you by the wall
Ten of your tin soldiers in a row
With eyes that looked like ice on fire
The human heart a captive in the snow

Oh Nikita You will never know anything about my home
I'll never know how good it feels to hold you
Nikita I need you so
Oh Nikita is the other side of any given line in time
Counting ten tin soldiers in a row
Oh no, Nikita you'll never know

Do you ever dream of me
Do you ever see the letters that I write
When you look up through the wire
Nikita do you count the stars at night

And if there comes a time
Guns and gates no longer hold you in
And if you're free to make a choice
Just look towards the west and find a friend

Jaguar, thank you very much. It is not about Nikita Krushev yet it is about times during the cold war....I looked up and it says something like that

"... Nikita," by Elton John. The singer is in love with a Russian border guard "

So you are right! It is the male Nikita. It is a male name, and no Russian women guard borders.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

Hey, not to confuse you, but I've seen long time ago the video (the song is from 1985)and I believe they showed a woman Elton was singing about. Well, back then it would have been too offensive for many people ........ and I doubt that even today everyone would play that video.

But whatever, I love my son, the name Nikita and also the music of Elton John.

Have a great weekend!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 02 April 2004).]

jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Urgent::: Is there any *Perfect* Russian translation office in Cairo?? Arabic -> Russian. It doesn't have to be *Approved by Egyptian Courts*...Thanks ~~~~
moloko
Member # 4585

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for moloko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[quote="Jaguar"]Urgent::: Is there any *Perfect* Russian translation office in Cairo?? Arabic -> Russian. It doesn't have to be *Approved by Egyptian Courts*...Thanks ~~~~[/quote]

Maybe this link will be useful for you http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum4/HTML/000284.html

Posts: 4 | From: Moscow, Russia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Moloko... thanks.... I emailed muhariba... Paka
Wednesday
Member # 4831

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Wednesday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
vivi_hl@yahoo.com

vivi : if you wanna learn arabic i can teach you .. 0020122979899

Posts: 7 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
speak-up
Member # 4343

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for speak-up   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Russian is not a difficult language to learn. I lived in Russian and Ukraine for almost two years and mastered both languages in six months time. You just need to find the right teacher with the right ways of teaching. ;-)

------------------
www.speakuplanguages.com

Posts: 19 | From: Garland, TX USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
speak-up.. if this post is for me, I need a translator for official documents..
speak-up
Member # 4343

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for speak-up   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can do translations also. I've done it before from 1996 - 1998 for a Russian comapny in New York. If needed, I can get them notarized too.

------------------
www.speakuplanguages.com

Posts: 19 | From: Garland, TX USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Speakup.. I presume you're not living in Egypt. If this website is yours, am I to contact you via it??
speak-up
Member # 4343

Rate Member
Yes, There is a contact page that you can use to contact me. I own the website, therefore anything you write to me is sent directly to me.

An e-mail address is also there if you need another source of contact.

speak-up
Member # 4343

Rate Member
Also...No, I do not live in Egypt (I wish I did). I live in the USA.
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
speak-up... how much do you charge per page... I have just about 50 odd pages- including some complicated international conventiones to be translated. Thanks alot.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com