EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » Need a good housekeeper.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need a good housekeeper.
AZZA
Member # 9682

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZZA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in real need for a housekeeper and a good cook who can work from 7:30-6:00PM. I will pay a very good salary is really good and can manage everything in the house well. If you know one that is honest and is committed to work, let me know.
Posts: 4 | From: Maadi | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zaaina
Member # 9534

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zaaina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just curious, what is a very good salary?
Posts: 71 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garnet
Member # 9584

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for garnet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how much your going to pay???
Posts: 224 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZZA
Member # 9682

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZZA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF she is really good and I can depend on, I can pay up to 700.
Posts: 4 | From: Maadi | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
700 LE per months { [Eek!] [Confused]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kamal,

Is that good or bad? [Confused]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yuyuandmarmar
Member # 9714

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yuyuandmarmar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

Just in case u didnt see my post in the other thread....would I be an idiot to offer 1000LE a month for a maid/nanny to take care of kids and do some cleaning....no cooking required.

Posts: 44 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yuyuandmarmar:
Hi All,

Just in case u didnt see my post in the other thread....would I be an idiot to offer 1000LE a month for a maid/nanny to take care of kids and do some cleaning....no cooking required.

1000 LE per month is a very good salary, unfortunately its not more worth what it used to be ten years ago. You also mentioned she does not have to live-in, would you pay for her rent? And what about if she is further away from you? Microbus/taxi cab fares will also add up. I think that is the critical point here. I know you want your privacy but believe me a live-in nanny is much better. It will be just much more flexible for you. And don't forget to be employed by a foreign family is favored because they just pay much better than Egyptians.

Netherless good luck with your move to Cairo. I am sure you will totally enjoy it after the normal culture shock in the beginning. [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Kamal,

Is that good or bad? [Confused]

Put it this way...
[i think] Teacher get no more than 300LE per month [Confused]

[Eek!] 700LE

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree...700 LE is a very huge salary. But if you can afford it, and if the lady you found is hard worker, clean, on time everyday...she will deserve it of course. It's not easy at all to find a good maid, and above all, to keep her a long time (sometimes, husband's pressure...), so I'm sure such a good salary will be very motivating.
Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maids/Nannies/Babysitters/Au-pairs deserve a good salary because in 99% of cases the families abuse this work relationship.

If you live in...then the family thinks that you have no social or private life and you are there to serve night and day

So 700 LE is nothing!

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're talking about Egypt, don't forget, where an average salary is 300 LE. For sure, 700 LE is nothing for us, where the minimum salary is 6000-7000 LE!! But I agree with you on the abuses with this kind of work. I saw so many housekeepers (including little girls) treated like slaves.
Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi All,

Of course you are kidding? We paid our servant like 450 per month and we are a huge family, consist of 7 members (no kids) plus a big house… she comes everyday at 10AM and leave at 6 or 7 PM (she has one day off)she does everything including in sometimes, cooking as…we paid our drivers (the oldest) like 800 and the new one like 600 …but we really supplies her with food, clothes, extra money especially in occasion for her family. sometimes we can give her a ride to her home plus we treat her as a friend… my aunt gives her servant 400 L.E, my uncle gives his servant 600 but he has four little kids, my step mother gives her servant 350 l.e and the girl (plus nanny) is so happy but this excluding the cooking
For kamal, 575 L.E equals 100$.

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have the same situation in egypt whre the housekeeper you employ should be ugly? In jakarta this is the norm because there are many cases where the husband will get " magic" put on him by the housekeeper ( called pembantu) to steal him.
Also very often the housekeeper will know hwre all the hidden cash and jewellry is and take off to visit her family in countryside at lebaran
( like ramadan I mean- the only holidays usaully allowed)_ and never return and suddenly your family fortune gone too( not many people trust banks after they all collapsed overnight in 97- 98 and no one got their money back)!!. Do you have very young children doing this work too? Our one Nona Ona , was with the family since my x husband born ,was nanny, cleaner everything for all this time for 6 children and very cranky man of house.Get up at 5am finish at 9pm. She live in-only about $70 australian dollars per month as well with her 2 children( husband nobody knows from where hehe) hand washing because they dont trust the new machines, cooking everything from scratch.
So her kids will take over when she is too old and tired. But family bought her a little house in the countryside for her retirement( on land they own so maybe not so expensive really)
Driver is much cheaper-just 50 per month-but that one doesnt live in- but still must be there by 6am every day-just using him anytime up until 10pm.Anyway drivers are alwys leaving so always new ones-they will go where the conditions arte better, or car is newer.Is it similar in Egypt?

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yuyuandmarmar
Member # 9714

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yuyuandmarmar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asooma: so is this too much?? It doesnt seem like a lot in Australian dollars though. I just want someone who is going to be loyal and good with my kids. I would treat her extremely well, and would not demand long hours at all. I just dont want to feel like I am exploiting anyone, because, lets face it, looking after kids and keeping house is a thankless job for us mothers and I want the person to feel appreciated and not 'slave labour'.

Pink: The reason why I dont want a live-in nanny are simple. We are a Muslim family and hence it isnt right to have another female sleeping under our roof who is not related to my DH. Secondly, I want the person to have contact with their family....just because she is fulfilling my needs doesnt mean that the needs of her own family cease....and her family has a right to her time too.

Posts: 44 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:For kamal, 575 L.E equals 100$. [/QB]
for me [Confused]

asooma,
You got it wrong, i wasnt interested in applying for a "servant" job... [Roll Eyes]

well not yet nway [Wink]

is that US candian australian dollor [Confused]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Pink: The reason why I dont want a live-in nanny are simple. We are a Muslim family and hence it isnt right to have another female sleeping under our roof who is not related to my DH.

Well, in Egypt its the norm to employ Egyptian girls widely and they indeed live under the same roof together with the family although not nearly that comfortable.

I do agree on paying the employee a fair amount since you want that she is looking safe and well after your childen and you want to be able to trust her in this matter.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yuyuandmarmar:
[qb] We paid our servant like 450 per month and we are a huge family, consist of 7 members (no kids) plus a big house… she comes everyday at 10AM and leave at 6 or 7 PM

What's wrong with paying a maid a bit more if you can afford it?
If the lady wants to pay 1000 LE for a woman who comes almost every day and she finds someone who is good and reliable, why not? You probably know how hard it is to find a decent housekeeper, so if she finds one why not pay a good salary in order to keep her and also to keep her happy.

I used to have a cleaning lady who came to my house twice a week and I payed her 200 LE per month which I know is way more than average but it was a very small amount for me, so I had no problem with this. I did, however, object when she tried to squeeze more money out of me on several occasions ... [Wink]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...looking after kids and keeping house is a thankless job for us mothers ...

We are a Muslim family ...

I thought this was a very sad comment from a Muslim mother...I hope your kids never hear you saying it.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garnet
Member # 9584

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for garnet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello

your from cairo actually im living here in hurghada can u please email me about the job coz im interested on it..my email ad is roses16_garnet@yahoo.com

i can speak well in english im a filipina.

thanks alot

Posts: 224 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kamal211:
quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:For kamal, 575 L.E equals 100$.

for me [Confused]

asooma,
You got it wrong, i wasnt interested in applying for a "servant" job... [Roll Eyes]

well not yet nway [Wink]

is that US candian australian dollor [Confused] [/QB]

no, but i though that you want to compare! US [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yuyuandmarmar
Member # 9714

Rate Member
newcomer: dont try and take my words out of context....i know the intrinsic value of motherhood, but the truth is that it is a role which is not rewarded by society at large....yes we do get rewarded with children who light up our lives.....but our contributions are not given the due they deserve in most cases

s...

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
newcomer: dont try and take my words out of context....i know the intrinsic value of motherhood, but the truth is that it is a role which is not rewarded by society at large....yes we do get rewarded with children who light up our lives.....but our contributions are not given the due they deserve in most cases

s...

I'm sorry, yuyuandmarmar, but who cares what society thinks?...If they depreciate the role of motherhood, do you as a Muslim have to agree with them and accept their values? I don't agree that you do. Who do you want to give all your contributions "the due they deserve"? Give more credit to the intrinsic value and the value Allah places on motherhood and raising a sound Muslim family and then society's opinion won't matter so much.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com