EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » Sahl Hasheesh? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sahl Hasheesh?
orchidea
Member # 10928

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for orchidea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone had any experiences with Sahl Hasheesh, outside of Hurghada? We are interested to buy a property there, good offer for a flat in a luxurious community. Nice prices, the buildings are looking fine however not yet constructed... Any drawbacks?
Posts: 11 | From: Hurghada,Red Sea, Egypt | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orchidea
Member # 10928

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for orchidea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.sahlhasheesh.com is the site for the project.
Posts: 11 | From: Hurghada,Red Sea, Egypt | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zayneb
Member # 11160

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zayneb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I visited Sahl Hasheesh and absolutely loved the site. It's in a beautiful bay. There is a 12 km seashore which will not be hidden but will have a long promenade along it. (Pedestrianised). To my mind it'll be the loveliest resort in the area when finished and meticulously planned and well up to European standards. Was really impressed with the level of details in the planning. No, as long as it doesn't falter due to lack of investment (very unlikely as some BIG names involved with BIG money!!!), I reckon it'll be a winner. I have invested in a flat there, that's how convinced I am. Have you visited the site at all?
Posts: 9 | From: U.K. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacedog
Member # 11225

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacedog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just got back from a three day inspection trip to sahl hasheesh. we are buying an apartment in the el andalous development directly behind the pier.
spent a few days with one of the developers and really got the lowdown on what's going to be happening out there over the next 18 months or so. these guys have invested approx $660m so far and you can tell it's going to be fantastic when it's finished.
marina project has just been announced in london, norman foster is to be the architect and camper & nicholson are the developers - all top end stuff.
i have a memory card full of pictures from the site, if i can figure oout how to post them up then i will.

Posts: 12 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zayneb
Member # 11160

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zayneb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear someone else was impressed with Sahl Hasheesh. Naturally, having got back to England I sometimes worry whether I have done the right thing but the more I look into it the more I am convinced. Only thing I am not happy about is the service charges. Don't you think they're a bit high?
Have you bought 1 or 2 bed. We also bought in Andalous so we'll be neighbours!
The launch of the marina project happened in London last week with Norman Foster and there have been a few right ups about it! It will be spectacular and some mega luxury villas are going to be built around it.

Posts: 9 | From: U.K. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacedog
Member # 11225

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacedog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we were quoted $us80 a month for service charges which when you compare with, say spain, are not particularly high. i guess if you are renting this probably equates to around a day and a half's rent a month.
we have bought a two bed/two bath apartment on the second floor towards the front of the complex, predominantly as a rental property but also as somewhere we can get away to as and when.
have you had the contracts looked at by a solicitor since your return to the uk?

Posts: 12 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ross Donaldson
Member # 11306

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ross Donaldson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an agent selling sahl hasheesh in the Uk. I know the developer personally (Rolf van Goor) and am happy to say that I think it is a wonderful project. The more we look at this project the less drawbacks there are. The new marina developement will blow everyone away when it is officially launched in the press. Again I have photos/price lists and advice on offer!

--------------------
Ross Donaldson
International Property Consultant
Superior Real Estates Group Ltd.
Tel. 08707504488
Fax.08707506380
Mobile.07963 065680
rossd@superiorgb.com
www.superiorworldwide.com

Posts: 1 | From: Wiltshire | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nocluecairo
Member # 10718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nocluecairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sahl Hasheesh has been somwhere I have been looking at over the years. The only thing that worries me is the marina and general development of the area.

I was given a very glossy brochure a while ago on the place and it was extolling the virtues of the marina, facilities and under water city etc. The problem is, the brochure was printed in 2000 ! Is there an official launch date soon and it is a real official launch ?

Posts: 20 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zayneb
Member # 11160

Rate Member
Re: service charge We have been quoted £86 (GB Pounds) for a 2 bed flat in El Andalous. I think it's pretty high but I suppose will be worth it as the resort will be kept in good shape. Regarding the launch of the marina- took place a couple of weeks ago in London. It seems pretty official. I think before a South African consortium was going to do it, but that was scrapped. Not 100% sure but that's what I heard. Now there is Arab money involved. The infrastructure has taken about 6 years to put in place so they have been planning it for a while.
I agree the new marina is mind-blowing!! Nice to communicate with other owners.

zayneb
Member # 11160

Rate Member
Peacedog, I am interested to know who quoted you $80 for service charge. Is that confirmed? I have had the contract looked over and everything seems O.K. Do you have any worries?
distantdreamer
Member # 11337

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for distantdreamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone

I'm also interested in the Andalous development, but have not been there, so would be really grateful for any information about this development as it sounds great. Have they started building yet? When will the apartments be finished? Do they come furnished? Is there a management company set up to deal with rentals and do you have any idea of costs? Is there a pool with the development, or one close by that can be used? Also heard of an area there called Venice Marina, does anyone know of any property there thats available. All other information gratefully received. Many thanks.

Posts: 9 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacedog
Member # 11225

Rate Member
Hi Zayneb
Price for service charge was given to us by Rolf Van Goor but has not been specified in the contract. We currently have the contract under scrutiny by an Egyptian law firm (Nour Law in Cairo) and are awaiting the result. If he recommends that the service charge be quantified in the contract I will post up the outcome.

peacedog
Member # 11225

Rate Member
Hi Everybody Else

Have just got off the phone to the agents in Egypt and it looks as though the units in El Andalous are moving very quickly.

Distantdreamer, try the Superior Group in the UK for further details of the development. I think you'll find Ross (above) works for them or speak to another guy called Steve. Regarding Venice Marina - I believe this was the initial working title for the development that is now being completed by Camper & Nicholson & Norman Foster. I have some photos of the marina models (not scantily clad ones!!) that were at the official launch if anyone is interested. I also have some snaps of the development from our recent visit.

Kev n Sam
Member # 11388

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kev n Sam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just back from Sahl Hashees and bought unit 2/39 awaiting contracts being sent back but not sure on using the solicitor Rolf Von Goor is advising, he syas it will keep costs down and simplify things but I know this is a golden rule to break in property purchase. What are others doing.
Posts: 2 | From: Doncaster | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacedog
Member # 11225

Rate Member
Hi Kev n Sam

We'll be neighbours (2/37)
If you want details of a UK solicitor that deals with Egyptian property law drop me a line and I'll send all the details I have. The guys we are using have a capped fee of £400 and use an Egyptian partner (the law states that conveyancing must be carried out by an Egyptian national)

zayneb
Member # 11160

Rate Member
Hello everyone
I've just heard the price of the land (which we were originally interested in has gone up 7% already). The apartment prices will be going up in August. Good news for those who have already bought I think!!
Kev n Sam - we haven't used a solicitor for our contract as it seems straightforward (although we are questioning a couple of points) but are wondering whether we should.

peacedog
Member # 11225

Rate Member
Hi everyone

Just posted some pics up to my webspace from when we were in Sahl Hasheesh a few weeks ago. Feel free to go have a look.

http://discodjchris.spaces.msn.com/

Let me know if you can't see them, I'm no computer whizzkid!!

distantdreamer
Member # 11337

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for distantdreamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Peacedog/everyone

Thanks for the info. Took a look at your photos and its really great to see how its progressing. Certainly hoping to buy, probably in El Andoulous as this seems the most popular. Can anyone tell me where the beach area for that development is situated? Is it next to the pier, and do you think it will quite attractive when finished?
Thanks in advance for any information.

Posts: 9 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zayneb
Member # 11160

Rate Member
Thanks Peacedog for posting up the photos. Mmm, makes me want to be there! Any idea when they are starting the building next to Andalous, the Old Diving Hotel?
peacedog
Member # 11225

Rate Member
Hi All

Check this out!!

http://www.serrenia.com/

Impressive to say the least...

levy
Member # 11533

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for levy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi we have just purchased an apartment in el andalous, we spent the day there and certainly think this ones a wimmer.how spectacular is the marina project!!!we already own a property in egypt so have done this before.
Posts: 1 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simongill
Member # 11689

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for simongill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have also bought an apartment in El Andalous.

The purpose of this post is to get it back to the top. Hopefully other purchasers in Sahl Hasheesh will also post so we can keep in touch with how things are going.

Posts: 11 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
distantdreamer
Member # 11337

Rate Member
Hi Simon & everyone,

Good idea. Nice to keep in touch. We went out in September, having bought site unseen and are very pleased with our decision. We're buying in El Andoulous also, and due to a revised plan, the one bedroom, one bathroom apartment that we put our deposit down on, has been extended and turned into a two bed/two bath apartment, at the same price!! Have spoken to Rolf the developer on several occasions and it all sounds very good. Last time he spoke he said they have decided to put a pool on the roof of El Andoulous as well as the ones in the grounds, which will be an added bonus. I understand that work has now started on both El Andoulous and Ocean Breeze. I know someone that is out there now, so will hopefully get some updated info from him and will keep you all posted.

I also own in El Gouna, just down the coast, as I believe some other people who have bought on this development do. If prices rise as they have done there, then we will all be very happy!!!

Keep in touch everyone!!

IanG
Member # 12926

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IanG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all - I'm thinking in investing here too - everyone so far seems to be focusing on El Andoulous, can anyone tell me why here rather than the other developments? Also, 2 bed seems to be the most popular - is that personal choice or are they seen as the best rental bet?
I would be very grateful for your thoughts

Posts: 1 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Londonboy
Member # 12927

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Londonboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a market in the redsea for resale or rental?
Posts: 7 | From: The World | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zayneb
Member # 11160

Rate Member
i've read on another forum that Sahl Hasheesh is way behind schedule. Although I have been assured that it certainly is not (and that Serrenia will be finished early), I can't help feeling progress is slow - has anyone got any updated photos? Are any of the hotels opening yet, does anyone know? I would be grateful if anyone could comment..

Re: people focusing on El Andoulous, I think it's because it's cheaper and seems better value - that's why we bought there. However,I think Ocean Breeze will benefit from being closer to Serrenia although you don't get as much flat for your money. El Andoulous benefits from being in the 'town' and near all the shops, cinema etc.

dia001
Member # 12044

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dia001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

What kind of prices are we looking at for a 2 bedroomed Flat ???

Londonboy - The market in the Red Sea area is so big, resale and rental of course depends where the Flats are situated. Red Sea is getting to be like Spain was years ago. I know lots of properties on Rental basis, unfortunately alot stay empty for weeks and months and these have just been recently built. I suppose this is because too many buildings are going on - some win some lose.
But a buy is still worth considering, why not.

Posts: 59 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacedog
Member # 11225

Rate Member
Hi All

Off out to Sahl mid-April, will take a bunch more photos and post them up when I get back.
We're going to be staying at The Pyramisa (I think we may be some of the first) so we'll be right on top of the development. Will be checking out the diving facilities while we're there also. Watch this and my web space...

Kev n Sam
Member # 11388

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kev n Sam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you believe I lost the link to this forum after I posted sorry guys and gals.

Well I have bought in Saidia and Sahl Hasheesh and am very happy with both, but to be honest the more I look into Sahl the more excited I get this looks to be a great plan and we are even starting to think of keeping this as our getaway for golf and play instead of renting out. We are going to El Gouna in June for a couple of weeks, so will pop down to take a good look again a take loads of pics. Hopefully I will get a round in with Rolf and get the low-down on how its going. I know the site is behind on dates but it does seem to be progressing nicely so no real concerns. No solicitor appointed yet as all money is held in Escrow but I'm sure discussions will grow on this matter. I see a lot more companies selling Sahl Hasheesh property now so hopefully we should see some good capital gains soon.

Are there any other forums discussing this other than C4

Posts: 2 | From: Doncaster | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CM Chris
Member # 13206

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CM Chris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. We've just put a deposit down for a 3 bed appartment at the Sunset Pearl. 1st time that we've ventured into the overseas property market and I was hoping that if we need help or advice re all the legal 'stuff' I could ask you people for and information. We have bought site and unseen and its been great to see all of your photos.
Posts: 3 | From: England | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
distantdreamer
Member # 11337

Rate Member
Hi Kev n Sam

Eye on Worldwide site have a forum about Sahl Hasheesh which is quite interesting, plus people can upload their photos and there are a lot on there. Also singing pig have a forum which has various contributions about the project. Have a look at www.sahl-hasheesh.com under "news" section for some very recent photos.

Went to Place In Sun Show and the Egypt stands were some of the busiest!

Hope that helps

Dyn Dewr
Member # 13278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dyn Dewr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for a lawyer to assist me with the purchase of an apartment on Sunset Pearl development. Any recommendations will be gratefully received. Ideally I would like to deal with someone in the UK who has an agent near Sahl Hasheesh. Thanks in anticipation.
Posts: 1 | From: Wales | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
QUOTE by Distantdreamer:also own in El Gouna, just down the coast, as I believe some other people who have bought on this development do. If prices rise as they have done there, then we will all be very happy!!! UNQUOTE

excalating rising prices are not necessarily good for everyone - or the market economy as a whole - it also determimental effects, but I guess that doesnt concern those who just bothered with making a quick buck for themselves.
[Mad]

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magnate
Member # 12953

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magnate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone interested in sharing an off plan apartment at El Andalous?I visited the site last month with the intention of purchasing on Sunset Pearl but El Andalous has a far better location and are also larger.I have paid a reservation deposit,at old prices and believe that all apartments at El Andalous will be going up another 15% at the end of this month.
Posts: 1 | From: doncaster | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grays4u
Member # 13371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for grays4u     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi please contact me on grays4u@hotmail.com regards your share offer thanks graham
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wearypanda
Member # 13395

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wearypanda   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a new Google Group for existing or prospective property owners in Sahl Hasheesh. You are welcome to join and participate. The address is http://groups.google.co.uk/group/sahlhasheesh. Please feel free to pass this link to anyone you feel may have an interest.
Posts: 4 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chill
Member # 13391

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone recommed a good solicitor to run through the contract? Or offer any advice on this subject?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Posts: 1 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacedog
Member # 11225

Rate Member
Hi All

Just got back from a week in Sahl Hasheesh. Stayed at the Pyramisa hotel next door to El Andalous. We were the hotel's first guests and opened the hotel - I kid you not, our seven year old cut the ribbon!!
Firstly, if you are planning an inspection trip I cannot recommend the hotel enough. Not everything is finished there yet but it is shaping up superbly.
Secondly, El Andalous is coming along nicely. The hoardings around the site put the completion date at Dec 08. We actually managed to stand on the second floor in a few of the apartments and the views will be stunning when completed. The internal brickwork is starting to go in on the lower floors and the remaining concrete floors should be going in soon. The back of the building (the top of the "T") has not been started yet as there are still some design issues to be resolved - apparently it may be a hospital/medical centre on the ground floor. Bob & Sharon who now represent Resort Alliance on site have confirmed that there will be a pool on the roof.
Regarding the rest of phase 1, progress is being made with some of the ground floor buildings now having glazing, exterior detailing and colour. There were a lot of workmen on site and I am pleased with the overall feel and look of the place - it will be stunning when it's finished.
I have a whole bunch of photos that I will be uploading to myspace as soon as possible. Please feel free to check them out at the address somewhere up this page.

dave99
Member # 13067

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for dave99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I went to buyt at El Andalush in Sahl Hasheesh and cancelled because the developer would not change anything in the contract which is VERY one-sided. That tells me a lot about who you are buying from. The resort is really good but like lots of beaches on the REd Sea it will NOT be natural sand, it will be shipped in, which means it will disappear. Also the prices are ridiculously high compared to NEARBY Hurghada. The rental potential is also a bit of a con. There is virtually NO market for self-catering. Package holidays are as cheap as flight only. A rental inclusive apartment will have you paying "up front" to get your own money back. If you serious about value for money you need check out Hurghada prices then decide if you really want to spend three times the cash for a new resort area, really nice but not £70,000 better, with £1000 per fees on top. A 3 bed apt only cost £30k in new Arabia area of Hurghada, same IN Sahl Hasheesh over £100k
Posts: 35 | From: North of London | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dave99
Member # 13067

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chill:
Can anyone recommed a good solicitor to run through the contract? Or offer any advice on this subject?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi see my post on the contract - it is very one sided and my lawyer told me not to sign without many changes which they would not do so I cancelled.
Posts: 35 | From: North of London | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wearypanda
Member # 13395

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wearypanda   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, could you please share with us which development on SH you are referring to? i.e. El Andalous, Desert Pearl etc.
Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by dave99:
My wife and I went to buyt at El Andalush in Sahl Hasheesh and cancelled because the developer would not change anything in the contract which is VERY one-sided. That tells me a lot about who you are buying from. The resort is really good but like lots of beaches on the REd Sea it will NOT be natural sand, it will be shipped in, which means it will disappear. Also the prices are ridiculously high compared to NEARBY Hurghada. The rental potential is also a bit of a con. There is virtually NO market for self-catering. Package holidays are as cheap as flight only. A rental inclusive apartment will have you paying "up front" to get your own money back. If you serious about value for money you need check out Hurghada prices then decide if you really want to spend three times the cash for a new resort area, really nice but not £70,000 better, with £1000 per fees on top. A 3 bed apt only cost £30k in new Arabia area of Hurghada, same IN Sahl Hasheesh over £100k

Posts: 4 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dave99
Member # 13067

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
El Andalous. It is one of the ones "on the beach". If you go you will actually see that the so called beach in front of the apartments is actually the main walkway, and then there is the main jetty to contend with, and that leaves virtually no private beach. Their concept of a private beach is actually a shared beach across the whole resort (just like in the UK) but the whole Resort of Sahl Hasheesh is "private", a subtle variation of the words I think. The Resort Alliance Group were very helpful, to a point. When our lawyer said "do not sign" we asked for contract changes and were told "no way", so that was that. The whole concept of a new resort is good. But after seeing prices of apartments in Hurghada there was no way to convince myself about the reducilous cost for El Andalous, particularly when you find out how much goes to the pyramid of agents involved. I am now a "developer" - I'm building 24 apartments, with the same money that I would have paid for Sahl Hasheesh, and of course I will get a perfect unit for free.

--------------------
UK based Developer of - Red Sea Residencia - in Hurghada
Web-site: - http://www.redseadevelopments.com
e-mail: info@redseadevelopments.com

wearypanda
Member # 13395

Rate Member
Dave, thanks for your reply. What you are saying is interesting. I have to say that El Andalous has not been sold to us on the basis of there being a 'private beach'. The main selling points for El Andalous in my view are its proxinity to the pier (or jetty as you put it) and the Old Town.

I have yet to see the contract for the apartment we have reserved but I have seen a copy of a contract for another unit. I am intrigued as to what it was in your contract that your lawyer felt was such a problem. Could you elaborate?

I certainly agree that there is a premium for property in SH compared to Hurghada. I would expect that given what has happened with self contained, planned developments like El Gouna. Frankly, I would not want to buy an apartment on a one-off development in Hurghada if it was a tenth of the price of SH. In my view Hurghada is not a desirable place to own a property, even compared to Sharm. Also, the risks are much higher with a small developer and the end product will inevitably be far inferior as a complete package.

Remember the golden rule. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

dave99
Member # 13067

Rate Member
Large penalty for none / late payments - for any reason, upto two year delay for completion of the garden and pool after apartments are completed, no penalty for any late completion by the developer (making published completion date irrelevant), no way to have the land ownership proved (would not show a copy of the land deed - this is essential where ever you buy, especially in Egypt with very little land EVER being registered).
I previous felt like you about apartments in Hurghada, and I have to say if Sahl Hasheesh was not such an obvious "con" it would have been my preferance also, however I can tell that the team at Resort Alliance have "done a job" on you, such that you are now blind to to truth about other developments. If you think it such a good investment ask Resort Alliance if you can sell BEFORE completion - they will say "maybe" if you are desperate, which to me means no, and that is a worry since it is obvious that they are afraid of a price crash and being stuck with the apartment. Have you tried to source the furniture yourself - it should cost you no more than about £4000 for a 2 bed apartment (I think the other block Palm Beach were forced to pay £13,000).

wearypanda
Member # 13395

Rate Member
Well, I will need to read the contract carefully it seems. I have not yet met anyone from Resorts Alliance, so I have certainly not been 'got at'.

It does not surprise me that the pool and gardens are likely to be completed quite some time after the apartments are ready. I do not really have a problem with that. The issue of land title is a very complex one in Egypt. Hardly any properties are registered (probably only government buildings). Plenty of people have bought in El Gouna despite it being impossible to register any of the property there. Difficult judgement I think.

I have no idea what makes you think that apartment buyers might be locked in to having to take inflated furniture packages. I have heard no mention of this at all.

All in all, my view remains that there is far less risk buying in Sahl Hasheesh than buying an apartment in a small, one-off development by an unknown insignificant company (or even an individual like yourself) in a location where development has taken place in an essentially unplanned and haphazard way. If I was to go down that route then Hurghada would not be my choice anyway, I would prefer Sharm.

Thanks Dave for yor pointers. It will make me more cautious in my dealings with Resort Alliance.

zayneb
Member # 11160

Rate Member
dave99 - hello. Your comments about Sahl Hasheesh were interesting and slightly disturbing. However, I am not sure that you have all the facts right. Firstly, no-one has to buy the furniture package if they don't want. Re; a package for £4,000? Maybe you have not bought in Egypt lately - prices are not so cheap for quality products!!
Definitely Sahl is infinitely superior to Hurghada. We are Egyptian and know Hurghada very well and have not 'had a job done on us'. In fact we never would have bought in Hurghada, despite visiting often, had we not seen Sahl Hasheesh for ourselves.
How exactly do you think it's a 'con'? Apart fromthe prices being high? Do you think there is a chance the resort will not be finished or what?
We have checked the contract and you are right about 'up to 2 years' allowance to finish gardens and pool, which is standard in all the contracts - but that seems reasonable for them to cover their backs as some of the bigger resorts may finish over a period of time and it would be stupid to finish the gardens while building is still going on and if your unit is the first one finished I suppose you could be waiting some time for the whole resort to be ready for the gardens and pool etc. Generally, we feel there is some safety in the fact that we are not just buying from some builder but the whole S.Hasheesh resort is being overseen by the Egyptian Resort Company who have invested millions and will stand to gain still a lot of money by managing the whole resort. So they exert a lot of pressure on the builders - who are bound by many restrictions on what do and how they finish the development. For example, only certain roof finishings can be used etc. This is because E.R.C. need to ensure the overall quality of the resort. If we were just to buy from one developer, what guarantees would we have then? Good luck with your development!!

zayneb
Member # 11160

Rate Member
p.s. dave99 - I am interested - just how far from the water is your development going to be? And where in Hurghada?
distantdreamer
Member # 11337

Rate Member
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I spoke to Rolf today regarding the lack of building work at the back of El Andoulous. He stated that absolutely there were no planning "problems". He said it is a very big building, 150 metres long and they have to start somewhere. So firstly the front is being built, then the middle, then the back. He says foundations are down for the back and they should start build on that within a
couple of months. The first units to complete will be the ones at the front, with the rear ones completing last. There always was going to be a medical centre on the ground floor in El Andoulous, so no issues there. Hope that stops anyone unnecessarily worrying.

redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redseaschool1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave is absolutely correct. Just check with the owners of El Gouna and ask them how "easy" is it for them to re-sale their property. Not easy at all, only one agent has the "exclusive" to sell, and like Dave99 said, they do this to protect their developer Orascom, from price crashes. To ensure you don't sell for less than they are selling for. Then it becomes a matter of do I purchase this re-sale for the same price as a brand new unit directly from the developer, do the math.

Be in for a veryyyyyyyyy long investment turnover.

Posts: 86 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
distantdreamer
Member # 11337

Rate Member
Redseaschool

Have to disagree with you. We actually bought a resale on El gouna, and when we were looking there were very few available for resale. They were being snapped up very quickly so we had to get in fast. When the property is sold for the first time in El Gouna you have to offer it to Orascom, after that you can sell it through whoever you want, at whatever price you want. I know serveral people in El Gouna who have also bought resale properties and several that have sold and are very happy with the massive profit they have made. So there is in fact a resale market, but obviously the better the location/property the easier it will be to sell, as everywhere.

Sahl Hasheesh will be different, as you do not have to sell it back to the developer so will be free to sell it whenever you like and to whoever you like.

I already know someone that has flipped his apartment in Sahl Hasheesh and has made a handsome profit.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com