EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » Is anyone into collecting vintage postcards?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is anyone into collecting vintage postcards?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially the ones from the beginning of the last century picturing Cairo, preferably b/w?

If you do send me a pm ....... we might get into business. Thanks! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love them. They are beautiful. But don't collect. [Frown]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, start it it's never too late. I received today 11 more for my collection. You'll find plenty on e-bay. They also have other areas available like Alex, Ismaliya, Aswan, Luxor.... It's indeed beautiful. I am thinking of framing them and putting them all over the house. Or I wait and turn my collection into a little book. I can't wait to be back in Cairo; I know now couple of places to dig for them. Ha'schoof! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are my favorite kind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Egypt-Postcard-LOT-of-7-old-cards-unused_W0QQitemZ200076115619QQihZ010QQcategoryZ4096QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OMG did you see the nudes? Shocked me. LOL

Love to see what you do with yours.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me me! I love them and buy them whenever I have a chance.
I dont have any in Egypt at the moment; brought them back to canada on my last trip.

Theres this souvenir shop in Midan tahrir that used to have some (I didnt go since Aug. 05).

if you are on the Hardees block, walk away from AUC, towards talat harb, theres an egyptian fast food restaurant, newspaper stand, then a purse and luggage store, than a tourist travel agency on the corner right? turn that corner and its the very first souvenir shop.

--------------------
"Whashing One's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral" -Freire-

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com