EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » I need a room :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need a room :(
Shawn
Member # 14952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!

I am currently visiting a friend in Europe and will be going to India to teach English in June, but I was hoping to spend April and May in Egypt and I need help finding a place to live [Frown]

I cannot spend more than 1,094.40 LE per month on an apartment or room because my budget for the two months is really only $500. I am not a picky person who needs to live in a gated community, but it does need to be in a safe area with cheap food nearby.

Even though I have such a small budget I really want to make the most of this experience and I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer!

-Shawn

Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn
Member # 14952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry, I forgot to state that I will be in Cairo...hehe, I guess that is important information.

Other possibly useful information about myself: I am a 20 year old male from California and while I am a smoker I usually do not smoke very much unless I am drinking. I am also willing to stay with a roommate.

Thanks again,

-Shawn

Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shawn,

can I ask why Cairo?

If you have only $500 for 2 months you will struggle
What were you planning to do here?

I mean food ( street food ) is very cheap but if you want to see the sights it would be $10 for the museum, same again for Pyramids, same for Citadel, transport would be a bit costly being a tourist unless you had a driver.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawn
Member # 14952

Rate Member
To answer your question,

On an abstract note, Egypt has always had a grip on the western mind and in a more academic sense Egypt is a fascinating case study of sociology and international politics.

Beyond that, why not? I realize it will be difficult at times but I have my laptop to access information and I have hitch hiked all over the US with barely any money in my pocket while sleeping under bridges and in parks.

I *DO* wish to see the outside of the pyramids, and the museum but other than that I would be satisfied reading the Koran, visiting mosques learning about the local culture. If I find I am bored I am sure there is somewhere that would not mind a bit of volunteer work. Perhaps I can even find a bit of quick work just so I can have money to get around the city?

I realize I sound hopelessly naive, but aside from being killed (which from speaking with people I know is not very likely) I do not see how this experience could be anything other than a positive if not educational one.

-Shawn

ma-egy
Member # 11463

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma-egy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shawn, my boyfriend (who is American) is getting a flat soon, 2 bedroom and was looking for a room mate. please pm me your email address and i will let him contact you directly.

cheers

Posts: 69 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Karim
Member # 11092

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dr. Karim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shawn maybe i can help and money is not an issue.
Call me when you are in Cairo 0127560873 Karim Zidan

Posts: 48 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dude let me know if you still stuck
its all good don't worry about it hope u enjoy ur time in egypt

pm me or post here for contact numbers or help regarding any thing

cheers
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com