EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » Much cheaper at Carrefour

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Much cheaper at Carrefour
Life is good
Member # 12116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is good         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/asus-eee-pc-4g/4505-3121_7-32466960.html

Anyone have this laptop?
Thinking of buying it here as it is such a good deal.

Posts: 316 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want just a basic computer then this is okay.

You can buy it here but with a better deal than Carrefour.

www.mobinil.com

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life is good
Member # 12116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is good         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info and link.

Looks like you only get the discount with phone line rental which is no good for me as I live in UK. Will take a look at Carrefour again tomorrow before I fly out Thursday.

Posts: 316 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought an Acer Aspire One in the UK in September from John Lewis for £289. It is so beautiful I am in luurrveee and got orfi with it, and bought it a cow and gave it 20000LE [Wink]

It is a similar sort of thing and spec is:
weight 2lb
size thick A5 (half the size of my other laptop)
120GB hard drive
1GB RAM
Windows XP
Web cam included
Wireless network detection (and acccess) included
3 USB ports

http://www.johnlewis.com/Technology/Netbooks/Netbooks/Netbooks/8878/ProductType.aspx?SearchTerm=%22netbooks%22&PPC=True]

And MSOffice Home & Student (Word, Excel Powerpoint + a couple of other bits n bobs) for £40.

Depending what you're like with computers - the cheaper ones (and Maplins had for £162!!!!) come with Linux, openoffice preinstalled. The very cheapest are not able to have Windows installed, but as you move up the price range, then things become moredoable.

Whether you're happy with having a LInux one or not depends on your 'inner geek'.

Remember that they don't have a CD/DVD drive so you might have to invest in and external one of those if that matters to you.

Also consider the exchange rate - if you would be buying here using Egy money fine, otherwise the exchange rate on a credit card will kill you. I bought someething for 6750LE last week and its come through on the UK credit card as £819!!!! If I'd bought it early september, it would have been about £700.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com