EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » Looking for work as a Head chef/Executive chef

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for work as a Head chef/Executive chef
Michaelrazor
Member # 17181

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michaelrazor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
I am a 35 Italian austrian mixed national living in Uk currently.
I have over 15 years experience as a chef in quality hotels and restaurants. i worked for a michelin star restaurant in the past as well as a 5 star hotel in austria. For few years i have been taking short contracts abroad mostly are for opening of new outlets and creating a menu as well as training the staff and thats it, but i never said no cause the money was good for a short term.
Now i am looking for a long term good hotel or restaurant anywhere in egypt that requires a first class cooking.
I am skilled as a
-Baker
-Patissery
-International cuisine
-microsoft office suite
-Epos point of sale systems

I can work after a short notice and agreeing on all terms and conditions from both parties.
Salary expectations flexible depending on position and company.

hope to hear from any one soon

Michaelrazor

Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you get a lot of positive feedback can you let me know as I have a friend who is a chef also looking for work.

Good luck

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have some jobs here Micheal ...could use you @ my work..i also will be looking for A JOB when i get to Egypt..
cf dont forget about me [Wink]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky..it sure is a small world, another Mick from Italian lineage..AND chef, could be interesting to dig out. [Cool]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NAE
Member # 17104

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NAE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michaelrazor:
Hi
I am a 35 Italian austrian mixed national living in Uk currently.
I have over 15 years experience as a chef in quality hotels and restaurants. i worked for a michelin star restaurant in the past as well as a 5 star hotel in austria. For few years i have been taking short contracts abroad mostly are for opening of new outlets and creating a menu as well as training the staff and thats it, but i never said no cause the money was good for a short term.
Now i am looking for a long term good hotel or restaurant anywhere in egypt that requires a first class cooking.
I am skilled as a
-Baker
-Patissery
-International cuisine
-microsoft office suite
-Epos point of sale systems

I can work after a short notice and agreeing on all terms and conditions from both parties.
Salary expectations flexible depending on position and company.

hope to hear from any one soon

Michaelrazor

Hi Michael,

Try doing a search on this site: www.catererglobal.com

Good Luck

Posts: 42 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
Micky..it sure is a small world, another Mick from Italian lineage..AND chef, could be interesting to dig out. [Cool]

would you want to get me and Micheal a job? [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Found 1 Chefs & Cooks job in Egypt

The latest Chefs & Cooks jobs in Egypt to view and apply for now with Catererglobal

Chef de Cuisine - French - Grand Hyatt Cairo

* Grand Hyatt Cairo
* not specified
* Friday, November 20, 2009

You will be responsible for the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations. The Chef de Cuisine is responsible to manage the assign

nice link NAE .good to know ....thanks

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a vacancy like the one in the Grand Hyatt Cairo competition is very high, many people apply and the hotel will only select the best candidate.

I am not saying it's impossible but you gotta stay realistic. Then again, I chatted up with the manager of the 4*hotel I stayed in this summer. He came to Egypt as a cook in the middle of the 90's and is now General Manager of the hotel for several years.

So good luck!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michaelrazor
Member # 17181

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michaelrazor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerlily, you are right about the competition
i have applied for intercontinental in cairo once before and also the competition is very high as well as big names it is not easy getting in, i mean even though i have worked in michelin establishment and a 5 star hotel and have 3 awards and still i cant get through.
i have done few jobs in egypt before but it is a complete diferent environment in egypt i have to say.
quality products versus prices...

anyway... i was in hurghada and sharm last year for one week during then i looked at the amount of hotels and resorts that will open soon.. my god there are loads of them i mean seriously this is amazing but i am a fool.... i havent wrote down a single name of the company that holds this place. If any one knows of few new opening soon hotels or resorts in sharm and hurghada please forward me a list of names or a name lol i be very happy
thanks to all of you for your great support
keep it up i might get a job by then

Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
just a thought Micheal...maybe we can open our own restaurant in hurghada..not to far to travel from my families home 45 min drive [Smile] we could call it M&M's [Razz]
Michaelrazor
Member # 17181

Member Rated:
OH this is for all of you to laugh a bit

when i was in hurghada and shaorm last year just took a tour around... i came across a nice place to sit down and have a beer near marina

so, i sat down and ordered a beer, the waiter who gardly speak english properly told me, "i have can and bottle, which you like" exactly like that.

i told him what teh difference, he did not get it, so i said waht is the price of can and bottle he tells me that both are 24 EGP ????????????

a lot of questionmarks striked me at once..
how come a can that is 330 ml be sold for 24 and the bottle which is i guess 770 ml or cl be sold for also 24?

he tells me in a very clever smart reply...

"because the can sir is imported while the bottle is produced here in egypt" ?????

ahaaaaaaaaa i replied and told him thanks for your thoughtful insight on this matter but i will take the bottle then
hahahahahaha

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well at least he was being honest and you got the better deal. I hope you gave him a good tip!! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michaelrazor
Member # 17181

Member Rated:
well i am sure he was honest but the thought of having 2 completely different sized beverage both at same price is kind of weird and doesnt make sense, but in egypt i found that a lot of stuff doesnt make sense either lol

anyway i hope i get a job in egypt soon especially if it is a restaurant since i am fond of cooking ala carte' it gives me great pride than cooking buffets for mass munching [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
got your pm ...sent one back
Michaelrazor
Member # 17181

Member Rated:
i was also wondering since i have a master degree in hospitality business and i was a chef and have been here and there around teh world i might be good at working for a hospitality development companies there? if there is such thing in egypt as hospitality development companies specialized in providing consultancy and further development to the catering industry.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
sounds like you could work anywhere in egypt...someone had told me that they like foreigners working for them
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael.. look out for jobs at the new terminal... not sure if airline catering is your thing but I do know there will be good jobs going.

The chap I know looking for work does not do hotel work and has gone for jobs there this week... he used to be high up in EA so ISA he will get lucky.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com