EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Arabic Keyboard Needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arabic Keyboard Needed
foreigngirl
Member # 4054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreigngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where would I buy an Arabic keyboard -I need to type with Arabic letters because I might start a translating business. If anyone knows a reputable place where I could buy it and have it sent to here to the USA where I live. My E-mail is internationalgirl2007@yahoo.com
Thanks

Posts: 145 | From: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All (I think) keyboards sold here in Cairo have both. I know the one I'm using right now has both....and it was dirt cheap. Just have anyone you know that is coming back from Egypt pick one up for you. Make 100% certain the person knows what connection you need at the back of your computer though before buying it though. I am sure it's a long way to come to return it if it's wrong.

In anycase though, to buy the keyboard doesn't need to cost you any more than $5. They can be really cheap.

I guess the real question is....where do you live in the USA? If I know of someone going there, we could send one.

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 01 May 2004).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danpeel
Member # 4190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danpeel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you can buy stickers that is written in arabic and send it by mail, but the problem, do you have WINDOWS enabled arabic version, OR WINDOWS XP, if XP then no Problem, but if 98 or ME, you'll need arabic enabled
Danpeel

Posts: 3 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreigngirl
Member # 4054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreigngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the response. I live in Houston, Texas. Yeah, if you kow of someone coming back I'll definitely buy one. My E-mail is internationalgirl2007@yahoo.com.
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
All (I think) keyboards sold here in Cairo have both. I know the one I'm using right now has both....and it was dirt cheap. Just have anyone you know that is coming back from Egypt pick one up for you. Make 100% certain the person knows what connection you need at the back of your computer though before buying it though. I am sure it's a long way to come to return it if it's wrong.

In anycase though, to buy the keyboard doesn't need to cost you any more than $5. They can be really cheap.

I guess the real question is....where do you live in the USA? If I know of someone going there, we could send one.

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 01 May 2004).]

Posts: 145 | From: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreigngirl
Member # 4054

Rate Member
Thanks for the response. I'll ask my sister who's a computer nerd about windows enabled arabic version.Thanks for the info internationalgirl2007@yahoo.com
quote:
Originally posted by Danpeel:
you can buy stickers that is written in arabic and send it by mail, but the problem, do you have WINDOWS enabled arabic version, OR WINDOWS XP, if XP then no Problem, but if 98 or ME, you'll need arabic enabled
Danpeel

Asoola
Member # 3192

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Asoola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I was checking out keyboards last week (having spilled water on mine and screwed it up... ahem!) and found them for as cheap as LE20 - i.e. a little over $3!! As for the connector plug, you can buy an adaptor for LE5 - i.e. less than a buck! I'll be happy to help you if you want one, though I don't personally know of anyone heading to the US in the near future.
Posts: 22 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreigngirl
Member # 4054

Rate Member
Keyboards are really cheap there. thanks for responding, I was hoping someone know of a place that would ship, and I would pay the shipping, but I will check these language schools, they must have it. I'm not going to Egypt this year,but hoppefully I'll find one here. Thanks for the info.I'
quote:
Originally posted by Asoola:
Hi! I was checking out keyboards last week (having spilled water on mine and screwed it up... ahem!) and found them for as cheap as LE20 - i.e. a little over $3!! As for the connector plug, you can buy an adaptor for LE5 - i.e. less than a buck! I'll be happy to help you if you want one, though I don't personally know of anyone heading to the US in the near future.

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No promises, but there are enough oil people around here that if I run into one going back to Texas, I'll try to work it out for you.

Keep in touch.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi FG

Here is a suggestion from a gentleman on another thread that used to live in Texas. Might be worth a try.

"My advice to your Texan friend is to call the foreign student advisor at the nearest univ/college and ask him/her to nominate an arabic native gentleman/lady to help her with her request for an arabic keyboard. A guy from Saudia Arabia or Kuwait may order to ship one for her by DHL."

Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
H_AboulEla
Member # 4280

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for H_AboulEla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If u r still searching for an arabic Keyboard, I can send u one if u send me some money,, If u r interested tell me to see how much will it cost.

------------------
H_AboulEla

Posts: 60 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com