EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » What can I do best with 60000,-

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What can I do best with 60000,-
Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Sara the miserable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Salamalekum,

I am a german citizien and I live in egypt. I am going to get 60 000 Pounds. Can please anybody tell me honestly what kind of business I could do and how ?
Thanks in advance

Posts: 83 | From: Zahraa El Maadi, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sara the miserable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again Salamalekum,
I forgot to say, that the businessidea should be Halal (no alcohol etc) and I do not have any KNOW HOW in the business.
And : I do not want to make a 'big money', but feeding my family.
Who can help please ?
Thank you in advance for replying.
Sara

Posts: 83 | From: Zahraa El Maadi, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DazedAndConfused
Member # 5216

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for DazedAndConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sara the miserable:
Again Salamalekum,
I forgot to say, that the businessidea should be Halal (no alcohol etc) and I do not have any KNOW HOW in the business.
And : I do not want to make a 'big money', but feeding my family.
Who can help please ?
Thank you in advance for replying.
Sara

WeAlekumelsalam
Sara you are scaring the heck out me, you need help I agree, but it's the kind of help you get from family and close friends.
P L E A S E, be careful. Starting any business is a risky undertaking and you not only need ideas but business knowledge. You can't get that know how in a mateer of days.
There is also the possibility that you're going to get scammed. Not to inturde but can you tell me if you have family or friends you can trust who are able to give you advice on investing you money.

Salam

M O N I C A ... where are you....

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JOSHUA
Member # 4946

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOSHUA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Salamalekum,

I am a german citizien and I live in egypt. I am going to get 60 000 Pounds. Can please anybody tell me honestly what kind of business I could do and how ?
Thanks in advance

Buy an apartment and rent it out furnished.

Trade cars. Buy cars and fix them then sell them for more money.

Posts: 321 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Put it in the bank and don't tell anyone you have it.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sarah

I remember your posting and it seems at last you have some good luck come your way. You said your husband worked at fixing cars so perhaps Joshua's idea is a good one for you both. But like Kenzie says put it in the bank until you are very sure about what you are doing and decide this carefully with your husband. Maybe you need to rent a small place where he can start this work and buy the essential tools that he needs. Think long term, make a plan of how much you want to start a business and keep an amount aside as your safety net for your family in case there problems in the future. Make a list of everything you need to get started and make sure you can afford to spend this much before you agree to any business.

Good Luck

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara the miserable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Salamalekum,
the money is not for sure yet in my hands, but I think buying , reparing and saling cars could be a good idea, inschaallah.
Thanks to you all.
I do not have anybode trustful in my in laws here, sadly.
We live in Maadi.
Salam
Sara

DazedAndConfused
Member # 5216

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for DazedAndConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Salamalekum,
the money is not for sure yet in my hands, but I think buying , reparing and saling cars could be a good idea, inschaallah.
Thanks to you all.
I do not have anybode trustful in my in laws here, sadly.
We live in Maadi.
Salam
Sara

do as Kenzy said, just keep the money in the bank don't let anyone know about it, when you feel you in a desperate need for money take just enough and leave the rest.

Again on business, it NEVER is that easy.
Your husband could be the best mechanic in the world, that does not in any way means he is a good business man. At the matter of fact he to start a business he needs to business man more than a good mechanic. He's not just going to open a shop and people will flood with work, it doesn't work this way.
Same goes for buying and renting an apartment, it's a lot of work and it’s not going to rent itself.
The bottom line is this, if you want to start a business, any business, learn first. You need to know how to make a business plane on paper and project profits and loss. You need to research the market you're after. So you have the time and energy to do all that?

-Is it easier for you than your husband to find work with a reasonable income?
If yes, then may be your husband or your in-laws can take care of the kids when you're at work until he finds work.

There are many women on this board who live in Egypt and get together every now and then.
You may want to join them and increase you circle of friends. It's always good to have someone to talk to and can confide in. The leas they can provide is moral support.

There are other Egypt related forums with great members on it, they may be able to come up with good ideas.

Best of luck.
http://egyptmad.com/ http://egypt365.com/

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MohdAnwar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would suggest u something :-

1- I myself don't advise u to work in selling and buying cars this day the market is not stable due to customs duty and also cause of Internaional agreement.

2- If u would make any business i would advise u to don't invest your money in any project that when u want to end this project u lose than 25 % of your Capital

3- Here in Egypt the most best thing that don't need too much money and same time no big risk and same time easy for everyone (Food) business.

by the way i am living in Zahraa Elmaadi and i think your project for fixing the cars is excellent (There is noone else your shop in Zahraa Elmaadi as i know ) but the problem i think that your shop is very hidden noone can reach or see it easly and also it need some kind of development (tools , machine ,...etc)

Posts: 435 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sara the miserable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Salamalekum, thank you ALL and Ramadan Karim!
Mister M., it is nice to read, that you are from Zahraa El Maadi. The problems in our workshop are very big. We can not do much against it. If you fix a car for about one hour long and you ask the owner of the car for 15,-, then they shout and get very bad. Many are like that.They want get everything for free.Even they get best treatment. The mechanics steal every day things from the shop, break tools and machines with desire, the list has no end.And they always have a great phantasy to steel our money.I did cry too many tears and actually I do not trust any body more here. The shop needs for the rentprice, workers, electricity, Telephone about 100 Pounds per open day. So, we get one day sometimes a 10 or 20 over, sometimes 50 , other days we get a MINUS. So at the end of each month there are just a few hundrets left. And my poor husband works there every day from the morning till midnight and later...I don't give this way of business a chance...I ask Allah, to show us the better way and to safe us from all those bad people. Please pray all of you a DOAE for us...?
I found out, in my ten years in Egypt, that the egyptians have tooo many differend 'Faces'. A friendly smile means nothing...They turn around and shout you dirty foreigner, even I am a covered islamic behaved woman. I have been decieved in the name of Islam from 'sisters'... There are, I am sorry, at least 90 % 'untrue' people in this country. But the rest is better than any people I have ever known on the whole earth.
I hope, nobody of you feel sad now, but this is my expirience.
Ramadan Karim
Sara

EL Baron
Member # 803

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EL Baron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Sister Sara I do not know where to begin . But let me start by Saying Allah bless you and your husband .
I want to help you research buisness ideas as I am myself struggling to get a buisness of any sort going .I Moved to Sharm El Sheikh from Alexandria and I am involved in many Projects here in sharm but I am still not sure they will workout . I can only reinforce my faith in Alah and in the fact that we decide our destiny upon our faith in Allah .
i.e. If you think Allah will help you and your heart is full of iman then you will achieve something good inshallah . I am a Dentist living in Sharm and if your husband is interested in Contacting me ... maybe I could help guide his thoughts to a good investment ... my MSN IS Karim_zidan@hotmail.com and my Mob is 0127560873
Wa Allaho Waly el tawfek.

Posts: 47 | From: Alexandria | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sasa
Member # 2474

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sasa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Assalamo3alykom,
I did not participate in this site from long ago,any way I have a product and want to find an outlet in sharm or hurghada the product is "palm straw hats and bags" which is very suitable for the see of course we can add some other things like wire ware jewlery like ear rings and bracelets and neckelaces..if interested pls feed back on elabbady2002@yahoo.com

I want to help you research buisness ideas as I am myself struggling to get a buisness of any sort going .I Moved to Sharm El Sheikh from Alexandria and I am involved in many Projects here in sharm but I am still not sure they will workout . I can only reinforce my faith in Alah and in the fact that we decide our destiny upon our faith in Allah .
i.e. If you think Allah will help you and your heart is full of iman then you will achieve something good inshallah . I am a Dentist living in Sharm and if your husband is interested in Contacting me ... maybe I could help guide his thoughts to a good investment ... my MSN IS Karim_zidan@hotmail.com and my Mob is 0127560873
Wa Allaho Waly el tawfek.[/B][/QUOTE]

Posts: 157 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com