EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Property law

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Property law
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are having trouble finding an answer to a question we have regarding buying and selling property in Egypt.What we need to know is,if we buy a property with imported funds,can we take the money out of the country again if we sell.Please do not post a reply if you do not know the answer or if you want to represent us,we just need the answer to our question.Many thanks.
Posts: 70 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mirox
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mirox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing in Egyptian law that prohibits the transfer of convertible currency outside Egyptian borders. The only restriction, however, is that money should only be transferred through banks duly licensed to undertake such activity (practically, all banks operating in Egypt)
Posts: 88 | From: Khonfesharia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And just to add you will need to find a buyer that will pay you in a hard currency like Euros or Dollars as you will not be easily able to convert Egyptian pounds to one of these currencies. Otherwise no, there are no restrictions on taking the money out of the country.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you both,thats all we needed to know. Stu.
Posts: 70 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Attorney at Law
Member # 6396

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Attorney at Law     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think its right.

Yaser
Lawyer

Posts: 94 | From: Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mirox
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mirox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yasser,
Thank you very much for giving your approval to my humble legal opinion. I thank you for your kind courtsey, being the legal authority that you are, to take some of your extremely valuable time to bless my modest contribution by saying "i think its right".

Posts: 88 | From: Khonfesharia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mirox:
Yasser,
Thank you very much for giving your approval to my humble legal opinion. I thank you for your kind courtsey, being the legal authority that you are, to take some of your extremely valuable time to bless my modest contribution by saying "i think its right".

Methinks it's the lack of a fee....time = money

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mirox
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for mirox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Penny
Please spare me this talk, personally speaking, my hourly rate is $175, and I'm one of the most senior lawyers in one of the top 5 law firms in the country. Now don't tell me a guy who can't spell his own name right :rolleye: would be all that keen on his fees. What really makes my blood boil is the super-authority type who'd come to you after you've busted your hindquarters doing something to pat you on the back and approves of your deed.

Masa2 el foll

Attorney at Law
Member # 6396

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Attorney at Law     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Sir,

Yes you can take the money out of the country again if you sell the Property.

Please fell free to contact me for more Information.

Yaser
Lawyer

info@egypt-law.com

Posts: 94 | From: Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mirox
Member # 4595

Member Rated:

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com