EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Stamped passport

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stamped passport
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had to take a trip to El Tor to get a one year visa so that we could give power of attorney to our lawyer due to wanting to buy a property.Whilst we where there we recieved two large stamps in our passports with some parts including the dates hand written.One we believe to be the one year tourist visa which expires in the stated 12 months,the other expires in 6 months,can anyone tell us what this one may be for.We asked one of the desk people at our hotel and he said that if it expired whilst we where in egypt we would not be able to leave the country.Any help would be welcome.Thanks.Stu.
Posts: 70 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadya
Member # 7341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Small:
We had to take a trip to El Tor to get a one year visa so that we could give power of attorney to our lawyer due to wanting to buy a property.Whilst we where there we recieved two large stamps in our passports with some parts including the dates hand written.One we believe to be the one year tourist visa which expires in the stated 12 months,the other expires in 6 months,can anyone tell us what this one may be for.We asked one of the desk people at our hotel and he said that if it expired whilst we where in egypt we would not be able to leave the country.Any help would be welcome.Thanks.Stu.

Mr. Small

Go to the local police station and ask about the stamps. They will explain what their meaning is.

Posts: 52 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Small
Member # 7071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Small     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am back in the UK now.I was hopeing to find out before I go out there again.
Posts: 70 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bergamo
Member # 7123

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bergamo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dear Stu
good day
i am legal accountant in international law firm in egypt pls send me more information and details about your problem
best regards'
mohamed
e-mail: miasolimane@yahoo.com

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Small:

Posts: 38 | From: bergamo | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Birde
Member # 7203

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Birde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it means the validly for 12 months but you can not stay out of the country for more than 6 months during the visa.. I need to see it, but usually they do this.. Good luck.

Also you can go to the Egyptian embassy and check.

Posts: 7 | From: Moscow, Russia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com