EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Moving to Alexandria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving to Alexandria
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for setithefirst     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

I am an american moving to Alex in December of 2006. What kind of businesses or needs does any thinks Alex needs? How can I make money there?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Posts: 67 | From: Philadelphia, Pa usa | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
run_fast_run
Member # 9661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for run_fast_run     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i live in alexandria too,and i think to make money in alex u have to count on food,people fancy food here,lol,or anything silly

--------------------
we who r not as others

Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anything silly??

I guess food most come with sheesha [Roll Eyes] [Confused] to be most profitable???

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
run_fast_run
Member # 9661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for run_fast_run     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes,that's if you meant a cafe shop,cafe shops or cafiteras gain alot of money too,just choose the right place

--------------------
we who r not as others

Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Blockbuster type place....Rental of DVD's and VHS American ....when you open I'll be first there!
Entertainment besides cafe, cyber ?

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for setithefirst     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys for your suggestions. I think a coffee shop is a great idea. I tried it in Cairo but failed. i did not have the right people running it. The problem is Egypt has many many coffee/cyber cafe's. I won't make that mistake again. As far as DVD's i believe it is not legal to import them to Egypt from US?

What about a mobile shop?

Posts: 67 | From: Philadelphia, Pa usa | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But isnit it cheaper to get your friend copy and make some copy, or get a priate copy...

im sure if there was a market in Egypt, Blockbuster wud have taken it over long time ago....but the legisltion on copyrights are not that strong [Confused] i dont think

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
If i were to import DVDs into Egypt, they would more than likely be confiscated at the port..
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about real hotdog stand with all toppings like a Chicago Dog or NY dog? Don't find many good dogs here or soft pretzels even good bagels..who knows...there seems to be enough of us foreigners to keep you in business..they will come out of hiding ......
Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandnsea
Member # 9552

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sandnsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi all
well mobile shopes is on every corner now
i,m doing safari and adventure trips and i,m based in alex i need some one to help me out and have a good sence of marketing ,if you want ,???
you dont need money to put in ,you may try ou wont lose any thing ,
cheers
sandnsea

Posts: 24 | From: egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amr kamal
Member # 9934

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Amr kamal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is ur fields of intrest??
i live in alexandria and i can help u in ur bussines.
my e mail is amr_kamal@msn.com
bye

Posts: 4 | From: Alexandria & Cairo | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. Please keep them coming!! Sandnsea i would love that opportunity. Please contact me.

LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Watch out for scamers!!!
Bring us soft pretzels and cheesesteaks um miss that soo much!
Keep us posted on what you open...

setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
yes, scammers are a big issue. I have a ggod freind in Alex who is also my lawyer.

Soft pretzels and cheesesteaks? hmmmmm i may add that to the menu of a coffee shop

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is a cheese steak? Is it a beef version of chicken parmigiana?
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
No, a cheesesteak is chopped steak, fried with onions, green peppers, cheese (ketchup, mustard mayonaisse optional) inside of italain bread roll. I have seen a version of it in egypt. Go the TGIF restaurant in Egypt, it's on the menu there.
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Leave off the G.P's and Mayo please..I think a standard Philly one is just the good white cheese melted in to the chopped thin steak with onions on a GREAT Italian Sub roll, the roll man, makes it and the cheese has to be right! OOLLA you can do them many ways though my hubby puts pizza sauce on his.Yum
Why we can't get soft pretzels going? What is the recipe?

Add some good books in your coffee shop to buy or read while there.....and good magazines from afar....that be cool..like a read/cafe....

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There used to be cafe here called Cafe Roma in kings Cross( kellet Street) and they had butchers paper on the tables with crayons/pencils so the customers would draw things and the nice ones were displayed.It was fun to have a coffee there.
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
setithefirst
Member # 1039

Rate Member
Melati I like that idea.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com