EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Opening a Bank Account in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Opening a Bank Account in Egypt
CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I am thinking seriously of moving my money from America to Egypt to avoid the IRS.

I do not have an Egyptian bank account as of yet.

Any experiences or opinions on the danger of banking in Egypt?

Is there any reason I should think twice about putting like $35-50k USD in an egyptian account?

This would be a temporary situation, for about one year.

Thanks for any advice.

Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nile_pharaoh
Member # 9938

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nile_pharaoh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi dear , there is no danger of putting your money in egyptian bank , don,t worry , you will avoid losing your money when you get it here instead of bank Weir from America to egypt, Momen
Posts: 73 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i wouldnt trust them....

give it to me... i'll take care of it for you... promise!!!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sod her give it me
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hsbc are offering good deal on le if you put money in and leave for a year you get 10% gross and then you treat the account as normal
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spaz
Member # 10699

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CairoStudent:
Hi all

I am thinking seriously of moving my money from America to Egypt to avoid the IRS.

I do not have an Egyptian bank account as of yet.

Any experiences or opinions on the danger of banking in Egypt?

Is there any reason I should think twice about putting like $35-50k USD in an egyptian account?

This would be a temporary situation, for about one year.

Thanks for any advice.

If the value of the Egyptian pound falls while it's in there, you are screwd.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
invest in property or land

makes ur money work harder than a bank

or but some stocks

wat is IRS

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

tax man------have a both sterling and le or in vest in slugs
CairoStudent
Member # 10528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CairoStudent   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spaz:
quote:
Hi all

Thanks for any advice.

Damn, good point. I'll look into that possability.
Posts: 214 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Spaz:
quote:
Hi all

Thanks for any advice.

Damn, good point. I'll look into that possability.
#
and if it gets stronger, you'll be better off...

i see the egyptian economy getting stronger, nothing else

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Potter.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Put them in more than one bank.

You will get interest rate of 10-13%.

When you are back to your homeland, empty all and leave one account full of its money.

Hope I did some help.

Posts: 512 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mirox
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mirox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cairo Student,

I have very strong doubts that you may get 10% interest on US$ for a one-year deposit. Banks in Egypt are generally safe to deal with, you should stick with one of the names you can trust. A small warning, you will need to clear lots of red-tape as the money laundry agents in the banks are being more than skeptic about anyone opening a bank account for any reason whatsoever.

Posts: 88 | From: Khonfesharia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spaz
Member # 10699

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWesternDebt2Islaam:
]#
and if it gets stronger, you'll be better off...

i see the egyptian economy getting stronger, nothing else

Doesn't just depend on Egypt, also U.S.

But this chart doesn't look to promising for an American investing in Egyptian pounds.

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/2y?usdegp=x

Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may be more appropriate to check the statistics that can be found on the site of the american chamber of commerce in cairo.

www.amcham.org.eg

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Potter.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is useless, Learner.
Posts: 512 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

one word of warning when you turn hard currencey £$in to a soft one you will have trouble changing it back with large amounts $3000 a time you can do
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
wat u mean soft one?

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

mac0623
Member # 10529

the pound the dollar are strong ie (hard currency)
a lot of crrrency in the asia area classed as soft curruncy thats why the banks in these countries offer high interest rates to atttract money from hard currency places
which is good in some cases but what you have to watch for is the movement of the money exchange and over the last year the LE has moved down from 12 LE to 9,LE
which is quite a lot from which way you look at it.so the higher it is the best for me to buy.
the lower is a bad time and will cost me a lot more .
also goes the same for money movement.
but overall i think egypt will become at lot better place in the future.
and all be it the yanks are backing the LE over the last few years.

i hope this helps
take care

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
thx, i was thinking u might mean that

i think it will be a better place to with a better economy.

If i was to buy a house in Egypt in a few years, I would put my money in an egyptian bank now, let it grow (in an islamic account) over the years.

now is a good time.

mac0623
Member # 10529

it is a good time with the bank.
but your money will grow quicker in property.and what if the money rates fall over night heavily.
no keep your money with egypt it will do better.
as egypt will go from strenght to strenght.as it has its own people but things take time.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com