EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Egyptian news

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian news
TButler
Member # 10841

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TButler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. I am looking for any info about my uncle's diving death in the red sea on 4/22/06. The only info we have is the funeral home name Tawaf, and he was in a town called Marsa Aalam. The consulet isnt much help as they are attending to the bombings. We want his belongings back. any help would be appreciated.
Posts: 9 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi, sorry i cant be of any help... but i just wanted to say im sorry to hear that and i hope you find what your looking for.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
theres a place called the muslim youth foundation i know they r of different countries if u have trouble with ur consulate this one is american muslim foundation ,i do know they excist cus i had to go to a british one in cairo ..cant the diving people help u to who he was i hope he waith proffessionals that allow u to dive in the red sea ...but im so sorry for your loss my heart goes out to ur family .but u must head to ur consulate ok ,even if they are attending to the bombings ..if me find sumsite im send u a persoanl pm ok ..allah hafeez my friend..and by the way you do not have to be muslim to go to this foundation ok ..im search for you ..good luck..
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh by the way ,MADAME M ,is very good there with info im sure she will be willing to find yousome help there or somewhere yu can ring u cud try and pm her ..
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TButler:
Hello. I am looking for any info about my uncle's diving death in the red sea on 4/22/06. The only info we have is the funeral home name Tawaf, and he was in a town called Marsa Aalam. The consulet isnt much help as they are attending to the bombings. We want his belongings back. any help would be appreciated.

Why don't a few of your family go down there to Marsa Aalam yourselves to pick up his belongings?

And why wasn't his body promptly shipped back to the USA?

Personally I couldn't stand the idea of a family member resting in a cemetary so far from family.

Someone has to go back, even if its just to heal and deal with your uncle's passing.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TButler
Member # 10841

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TButler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much for such a fast response. Our consulate contact doesnt return calls, we leave messages. The ship he wa on and divers wont be in port until the 29th. I find it odd that they didnt come in after this accident. I have a whole network of divers trying to help, but we are all scattered across the globe. The man that was his buddy hasnt been heard from since that day. We dont know many details as of yet. Bits and peices. My uncle was one of 5 people certified to train deep rebreathing diving, so he knew what he was doing. We just want answers, this is crazy. You dont know how much we appreciated your kindness. I will look up MADAME M. many, many thanks...
Posts: 9 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TButler
Member # 10841

Member Rated:
We were told to sit tight. We are in Texas. Monday was a holiday I understand, then they took his body to a funeral home, then on to Ciaro. Its an accident, they are looking into things. They sy his belonings are with a embasy rep, but then we were told they are with his remains. We arent going yet as we dont even know where to go, or whats going on. I just know we were advised to not go at this moment for several reasons one being safety.He will be sent back as soon as we can get him here. We had to wire 3,500 US$$ to even have his body released.
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We were told to sit tight. We are in Texas. Monday was a holiday I understand, then they took his body to a funeral home, then on to Ciaro. Its an accident, they are looking into things. They sy his belonings are with a embasy rep, but then we were told they are with his remains. We arent going yet as we dont even know where to go, or whats going on. I just know we were advised to not go at this moment for several reasons one being safety.He will be sent back as soon as we can get him here. We had to wire 3,500 US$$ to even have his body released.

Wow, this is painful. I thought the US consulate was supposed to cover these type of expenses. But alot of this type of bureaucracy has changed just recently.

Lets put it this way TButler, your uncle died doing what he loved to do. Lots of really expert divers have accidents, some fatal.

A thousand questions running through your mind and its bad timing. It must be fustrating.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TButler
Member # 10841

Member Rated:
Also... in order for a body to be shipped to the US, it must be embalmed for health reasons. So, we had to wait for that.
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
if you know where his body is in cairo the best people to ring is the egyptian embassy they will actually help you they have me when my wmbassy hasnt helped me ..they wud no exactly where he is but be bombarded with questions first ....suspicious sumtimes but nrmaly ok with helping
MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Hi, I am really sorry to hear what has happened. I am a diver myself and have been several times to Marsa Alam; I know all diving sites there quite well. Where did the accident happen (name of the site)? I also know a lot of people (fellow divers) who are based/work in Marsa Alam, if I can be of any help.
Or was he on a diving cruise in the Red Sea?

One point I don't get.... you said his body is in Cairo now, but in another post you write the ship will be back only on 29th to the port...
And what about his diving partner? It is compulsory to be two people when scuba diving, especially in Marsa Alam they are very strict...

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TButler
Member # 10841

Member Rated:
First, thank you for your kindness...
I know he was on the Tornado Marine vessell. Evidently, they removed his body from board, and yetthe boat stayed out... is this normal prcedure? I find it shocking. We cant figure out where his buddy was either, nor wher he is now. Why would he come floating without his buddy? We cant get any straight answers. I dont know the exact site as of yet. any help is appreciated. His name was Rob Davie, one of only 5 people world wide cert. to teach rebreathing, maybe you have heard of him? I will try again to contact the marine fleet he was on to see whatthe exact site was... thank you for your help...

TButler
Member # 10841

Member Rated:
now the boat people say his things were sent to Hurghada, then should have gone onto Ciaro. And, just how do they get a body from boat to shore? Wouldnt it seem like the boat would return to shore after something like this? I dont get it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com