EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » BMW's "Made in Egypt"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BMW's "Made in Egypt"
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BMW's "Made in Egypt"

IN A JOINT-VENTURE deal with Bavarian Auto Group, BMW re-opened its manufacturing plant Monday in its new facilities in Sixth of October City. The inauguration was attended by Egyptian Minister of Industry and Technological Development Ali El-Saiedi, Senior Vice-President of BMW Group Lueder Paysen, and other officials.

The new factory, which will produce the CDK line (Completely Knocked Down), is one of the most modern manufacturing plants in the region. The $60 million plant has brought a total $35 million into the country so far. Bavarian Auto Group says an additional $25 million will be invested in an up-to-date paint shop and a state-of-the-art infrastructure in terms of showrooms and service facilities.

"Today marks a very concrete statement of our confidence in the Egyptian economy and its unrestrained potential in the coming years," said Ulrich Urban, CEO of Bavarian Auto Group.

BMW's "Made in Egypt" line is intended to serve the entire Middle East region. "Our projected sales for 2004 is expected to reach over 1,500 units for various models of the three and five series, and is expected to reach more than 2,000 units for 2005," said Urban.

The factory opening hopefully marks the end of a difficult period for BMW Egypt, after the German automotive group suspended the license of former BMW importer Hossam Abul-Futouh, when the businessman was ordered to trial by the Financial and Commercial Affairs Court on allegations of customs evasions and bribery.

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2004/690/ec5.htm

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg
Member # 10776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg         Edit/Delete Post 
and the prices are;

BMW 316 ----> EGP 261360
BMW 320 ----> EGP 384000
BMW 523 ----> EGP 529320
BMW 525 ----> EGP 645060
BMW 530 ----> EGP 748720

Posts: 407 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by massenburg:
and the prices are;

BMW 316 ----> EGP 261360
BMW 320 ----> EGP 384000
BMW 523 ----> EGP 529320
BMW 525 ----> EGP 645060
BMW 530 ----> EGP 748720

What are you ever complaining about?

The only materials that are cheaper is the labor, and probably not that much cheaper.

If you can't afford it ignore it.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats a good deal...egypt needs jobs.

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
thats a good deal...egypt needs jobs.

And is exactly what I was thinking when I posted the article.

massenburg was thinking about how could he ever obtain a BMW.

different strokes for different folks. But I am a non -fossil fuel person. Won't own a car until I can get my hands on a hybred or a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle.

massenburg
Member # 10776

That's more than twice the cost in the US.
Posts: 407 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg
Member # 10776

That's like telling a European or American to purchase a $600k car.
Not so many Ferrari Enzo's in the US.

massenburg
Member # 10776

I wonder how many PwC auditors drive a Ferrari.

Is Goldman Sachs hiring sombody without an MBA from Harvard ?

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by massenburg:
That's like telling a European or American to purchase a $600k car.
Not so many Ferrari Enzo's in the US.

Actually there are quite a few $600,000 cars, because the USA has the most multi-millionairs and billionairs than any other country in the world. And that isn't a good thing.

http://www.searsbmw.com/new_inventory.htm?bhcp=1

Take a look at that list.

The BMW 530xi is $55,000 USD in USA

and you're right its about $125,000 USD in Egypt, according to your stats.

But I didn't see a hyperlink to see if those numbers are authenic. Could you post a hyperlink?

massenburg
Member # 10776

Sorry, no link.
Its published each Friday in Al-Ahram newspaper and every saturday in Ahbar el-Youm.

mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the reason for these prices are the 249% tax add other than that the cars are very cheap
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robert008
Member # 11453

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for robert008     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello
sell all kinds of plywood
my MSN:lxj6016@hotmail.com
e-il:lxj6016@yahoo.com.cn/lxj6016@hotmail.com

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com