EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Hurghada or Sharm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hurghada or Sharm?
ralita37
Member # 11357

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ralita37     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I am thinking of purchasing a small apartment in Egypt. I am not sure which one of Sharm or HUrghada would be better. I am thinking of using it couple of months per year and trying to rent some of the rest of the time.

In Sharm prices are anbpout £3000 for similar apartment.

Do you think it is still worth to purchase in Sharm?

I know the areas but I am not sure about the future developments and the future evolution of prices...

Thank you for any input.

Posts: 9 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I PERSONAL THINK SHARM IS A GREAT CHOICE.
YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER JUST BECAUSE YOU READ OTHER PEOPLES TROUBLES DONT LET THIS PUT YOU OFF,.
AS I GUESS MANY PEOPLE CAN TELL YOU OF GREAT STORIES ABOUT BUYING AND THERE ENJOYMENT OF BUYING A HOLIDAY HOME.
BUT I GUESS SHARM IS LIKE ANYWHERE ELSE.
WHEN THERE IS A BOOM THERE IS ALWAYS SHARKS AND PEOPLE WHO GO OUT THERE TO WORK AND PREY ON THE PEOPLE THAT ARE BUYING AND JUST SEE THERE JOB AS ANOTHER DOLLAR AND THE PROSPECT OF GETTING MORE OUT OF YOU.
I HAVE MET PEOPLE THERE WHO HAVE GONE TO WORK THERE ON THE BASIS OF THE PROPERTY BOOM AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF SHARM AND THERE IDEA IS SELL ,SELL SELL.AND FEED YOU BULL SH.T.
I KNOW OF ONE OR TWO GOOD AGENTS THERE BUT A LOT WORK ALONG SIDE EACH OTHER.
I STILL FAIL TO SEE WHY PEOPLE BUY WITH HALF BAKED CONTRACTS,NO PENALTIES,NO DEAD LINES ONLY ARBIC WORDING.IF YOU KNOW THE AREA YOU WANT TO BUY THEN DO YOUR HOME WORK ,FIND THE DEVELOPER AND GET ALL THE AGENTS PRICES AND ARGUE WITH THEM AS YOU WILL ONLY BE ARGUING THERE COMMISSION DOWN NOT THE PRICE OF THE PROPERTY.AND ONLY THEN YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT. GOOD LUCK.

Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
delamer
Member # 11567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for delamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Between the two places I opted for Sharm. Have been to both several times and just prefer Sharm. Also I personally feel that most of the growth on that side of the red sea will be concentrated on Marsa Alam rather than Hurghada.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simongill
Member # 11689

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for simongill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have only joined the forum today, so this post is just to say hello.

i am going to egypt in september, will be in hurghada on the 18th to look at property.

Any tips/advise etc would be appreciated

Posts: 11 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com