EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Sierra Resort - An Open Letter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sierra Resort - An Open Letter
in2tense
Member # 13498

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for in2tense     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sierra Resort an Open Letter.

Firstly let me say that I have no agenda and that the following are just my observations and opinions, and hopefully they will be of some use to other investors in the Sierra Resort.

I for one realise that agents do a job and take commissions for doing this.

I bought a property in Sierra Resort a few weeks ago, on returning home I looked at these forums and joined hoping to find fellow investors who might be able to give me some sound advice and hopefully meet a few people that will be my neighbours in the future.

What I got was bombarded with e-mails from people with their own agenda and was even contacted by an employee of a certain property agent using what can only be described as very underhand tactics, and if this had happened in England then what he did would also land him in court.

It was because of this I went back to the Sierra resort this week to see what is going on.

Through this forum I have been informed

The developer is using your money to complete the hotel first - actually all the apartments will be finished before the hotel.

There is just 1 man with a paint brush on site - actually when I was there this week I saw about 20 – 30 workers all living on site.

There is no money for materials - whilst I was there I saw 2 articulated lorries delivering full loads of bricks.

I was told that it was rubbish that they are leaving 1 block of apartments from each group un-built to allow diggers to dig the swimming pools as they will use cheap labour - actually whilst I was there I saw Caterpillar earth movers on site.

I was told that this resort is not selling – yet I know that out of 118 top floor apartments only 3 are available – that’s more than 97% and there are no double apartments available.

I was told Nabq is not the place to invest in as even the hotels want nothing to do with developers and it’s like a ghost town - actually virtually every site had loads of activity going on and the place is coming along at great speed.

I can’t believe the advance there has been in the Sierra resort in the last 6 weeks.

So can we now stop all the squabbling and use this forum for what it should be used for advice and information?

To sum up for anybody who has bought in Sierra & Sharm Bride - there has been a massive amount of work done on these developments in the last few weeks, they are a hive of activity as is Nabq.

So if you’ve bought in either of these 2 resorts I’m very pleased to tell you that things really are improving.

Solicitors

Through this forum I was recommended to Mr.Zeiad Yehia and cannot praise this gentleman highly enough, nothing was too much trouble for him, even when I phoned him at 11.30pm he was very helpful and he makes it quite clear that he only has your best interests at heart.

Thank you, Zeiad for all your hard work and patience and would highly recommend your services to anybody.

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and thats what count if your happy then all is ok, so we wish you all the best with your investment.

by the way it was me about the man with the paint brush and good news to hear things have improved but when i posted this thier was only 2 people on the site , me and him, but iam very pleased to hear the resort is good ,

Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sharmer2
Member # 13710

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharmer2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things change every day in sharm - you can see full staff working and a man in every building - or it can be like a ghost town - it depends on the developers pocket. When they have to bring in cement or other expensive items maybe there are no staff at that time, but all you need to see is that the work is continious - wheather staff or supplies - sometimes they cant do both and its understandable.
Posts: 31 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dive Girl
Member # 13796

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dive Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats really good news. I had originally signed up for Sharm Bride but pulled out last year due to rumours such as those you mentioned. Reading this I wish I had stayed! I bought resale instead which worked out really well and I am very happy with the poperty. However, I am dealing with an off plan headache at the moment which I really hope turns itself around. Good luck and it would be nice to hear more good stories like yours.
Posts: 1 | From: Sharm | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kar-neale
Member # 12409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kar-neale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really good to hear from someone positive for a change. We have bought on the Sharm Bride Resort and haven't been over there since November, but are pleased with the feedback from Sharm Real Estate on the progress on site.
Posts: 8 | From: South Wales | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeiad Yehia
Member # 13605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeiad Yehia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by in2tense:
Sierra Resort an Open Letter.

Solicitors

Through this forum I was recommended to Mr.Zeiad Yehia and cannot praise this gentleman highly enough, nothing was too much trouble for him, even when I phoned him at 11.30pm he was very helpful and he makes it quite clear that he only has your best interests at heart.

Thank you, Zeiad for all your hard work and patience and would highly recommend your services to anybody.

Wow! I am speechless, and seriously I can't thank you enough for this!
Posts: 18 | From: Sharm el Sheikh | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The Peoplê
Member # 13480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The Peoplê         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 194 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharm El Sheikh Real Estate
Member # 12478

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharm El Sheikh Real Estate         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear in2tense
Thank you for your encouraging open letter, the forwarded Email's and everything
regards

Posts: 19 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queenie
Member # 14221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for queenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi - we wnet to the Place in the sun exhibition at the NEC in Birmingham yesterday - yes saw Amanda Lamb - lovely lady.
After much thought we have decided to buy in Sharm as we love Egypt - we are off again in 3 weeks for the 7th time - 3rd time this year to Sharm. We were interested in Sunny Lakes but got a great deal on Sierra and it looks great for the money. We got a 15% discount in total and we will be given an inspection tour when we are in Sharm so I will be able to update you. Thanks for your update in2tense and the name of a good lawyer. Ours wont be ready until next September so quite a while to wait.

--------------------
www.sierraresortnabq.co.uk

Posts: 124 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
in2tense
Member # 13498

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for in2tense     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya Queenie

I was there yessterday but am still trying to get over the £8 car parking fee !!!!

The Sharm Real Estate stand seemed to be the busiest of them all yesterday and I walked round several times before being able to speak to anybody.

When you go out in October make sure that you come back on this board with a progress report.

Regards

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amanir
Member # 11410

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amanir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi in2tense, and queenie,

Yes sounds great to know of you .. I ahve also bought in Sierra resort.. and can't wait to go back to this part of the world. I think we have had a good experience with the people who dealt with us that's why we are happy. I was told that delivery will take place on Dec 08. but heard whispers of earlier delivery. that only shows how keen they are to deliver on time. good luck for you and keep in touch

--------------------
amani

Posts: 24 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queenie
Member # 14221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for queenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...agreed we could not believe the cheek of asking us to pay to park at the NEC!!! When we were there alot of Brits were buying on the Sierra - one couple even bought 2 apartments. We fly out 3 weeks today so I will make sure I take lots of pics when we are there - hopefully one will be finished inside as well.

What are you all doing about furniture - I did not like the package that was offered??

Also any good lawyers that anyone can recommend.

Thanks

Posts: 124 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Des
Member # 9479

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Des     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Queenie:

Furniture package: Have a look at www.sharmdreamz.com - its run by an English couple who maybe able to help.
For a lawyer try Zeiad Yehia, he is the Sharm end for City &Urban here, phone (020) 69 3601515, there is a web site but I don't think its working at the moment. [Razz] [Razz]

Posts: 97 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queenie
Member # 14221

Member Rated:
..Thanks Des that site looks really good.

--------------------

ian475
Member # 11095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ian475     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sharmdreamz is run by egyptian couple,the english involvement is a uk contact but all the graft is done by tamer and hamis(and prince omar).
Posts: 117 | From: manchester uk | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queenie
Member # 14221

Member Rated:
Hi - does any one know if Tamer and Hamis arrange to install the aircons kitchen etc??

--------------------

ian475
Member # 11095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ian475     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes,they will supply and fit.
Posts: 117 | From: manchester uk | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queenie
Member # 14221

Member Rated:
Thanks Ian

--------------------

queenie
Member # 14221

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for queenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I have taken lots of pics of Sierra with a couple of Sharm Bride in the background. Also taken some pics of the beach with resort in background. If you want the full update and pics - 70 odd of them including interior of nearly completed 1 bed show apartment PM me your email address.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com