EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » wishing to open a orphanage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wishing to open a orphanage
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mlebev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey guys just here for some info i would really love to open up a childrens orphanage in egypt i have seen the sunlight organisation and it has truelly tugged at the heart strings i would wish to expand that and open up another any suggestions?????
Posts: 197 | From: hertford england | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would think the best place to ask would be the orphanage managers themselves.

Nice thought but huge undertaking I would have thought... [Smile]

--------------------
Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlebev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes thanks pseudovellum i have emailed them just waiting for a response just wondered the best way to start it up thanks again
Posts: 197 | From: hertford england | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lot's of cash, lot's of patience

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlebev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dont have a lot of cash but i thought about fundraising get the community involved its just a goal i would like to achieve if i cant open up my own i will apply to work in one then at least i will be helping the children have a better life fingers crossed
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post 
It might be worth contacting this charity which operates in Egypt - but not in Hurghada.

http://www.soschildrensvillages.org.uk/sponsor-a-child/africa-child-sponsorship/egypt.htm

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
thanks oldbag great advice thanks again
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't have any suggestions ... but want to wish you all the best ! Good luck !!
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saleh El Shobokshy
Member # 11986

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleh El Shobokshy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mlebev,

I had the same thoughts after visiting the SOS Children Village in Cairo ayear ago. I have already sponsord a lovely boy there. I owuld like to operate our own and keep such lovely kids in a healthy environment and give them professional care. We could do it for just 8-10 kids but give them the best of care with educated & professional superviors.

Contact me on salehsaleh@link.net to furthr explor the idea.

Thanks

Posts: 9 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
saleh where are u from may i ask
reserved
Member # 14062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reserved         Edit/Delete Post 
Saleh is a western woman married to and Egyptian man names Saleh El Shobokshy
Posts: 173 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mlebev:
hey guys just here for some info i would really love to open up a childrens orphanage in egypt i have seen the sunlight organisation and it has truelly tugged at the heart strings i would wish to expand that and open up another any suggestions?????

I think you are a wonderful person and wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. [Smile] If you need donations let me know, I know of a great group that might be willing to help.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you are able to do it, I would love to something like that also, but i dont have any cash [Frown]

inshaallah one day [Smile]

good luck

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mlebev , best of luck to you. if i were there i would love to help you out . that is wonderful.i love children and would love to work in a place you want to open. it is a great idea. please let us know when you will open this and who knows you might get some sponsors from here [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
melebev ,best of luck ,i would be glad 2 help u in that with effort and contacts ,unfortunately not with cash as i am a student , will that be in cairo?

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
thanks guys for all ur kind words i would love to open it where it is most needed
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mlebev:

Realistically,you will require lots of cash (donations can not be relied on),be able to pay rent up front for the building (even small pieces of land here are now getting expensive to rent)and show you have an intial income to be able to support it. Excellent knowledge of orpaned childcare and law. Prove that you know what you are doing and that it will be viable. Have access to Egptian law and have an Egyptian partner. Be able to prove that it will be a registered charity and not profit making. A clean criminal record.
The list is exhaustive.

Money and knowledge being the main ones.

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi mlebev,

I hope you will be able to do it and wish you luck but I would like to say that I know there were few orphaneges which were opened by foreign people in some poor areas of Turkey and then they closed or had difficulties. The reason is people complained to Turkish Government that those orphanages were making the propaganda of Christianity to children they take care.

This is just another point of view....

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Shahrazad, hope you are enjoying your time. mlebev, good luck to you in your endeavour.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi mysticheart, I hope you r enjoying your time in Cai.. Will be there in 9 October inshaallah... really missing it:)
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com