EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Metro supermarket now open in Hurghada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Metro supermarket now open in Hurghada
GM44
Member # 13971

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for GM44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Metro supermarket is now open in Hurghada. Located on the road from Dahar to Sakalla, next to the Red Sea Hospital.
They have fresh meat, chicken, fish and bread.

Posts: 264 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great, finally some competition to Abu Ashara!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tango
Member # 10829

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tango     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all, any wireless lan spots in Hurghda other than Macdonalds???
Posts: 108 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garfield
Member # 10258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for garfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bulls and Hard Rock Cafe
Posts: 91 | From: Egypt/Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GM44:
Metro supermarket is now open in Hurghada. Located on the road from Dahar to Sakalla, next to the Red Sea Hospital.
They have fresh meat, chicken, fish and bread.

If its anything like the one in Sharm just wait and watch the prices rise. And take care of those spit roast chickens because once they can't sell enough of them they will start reheating them. [Eek!]
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Penny, after that comment you will definitely never get hired as a Metro spokesperson!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL that's true. I could do Carrefour though!!
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redseaschool1
Member # 13387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redseaschool1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully the prices won't rise, as they are practically next door to Abu Ashara, hope the competition keeps prices down. [Wink]

There will be a Carrefour coming to Hurghada soon, in the new mall they are buiding close to Sahl Hashish.

Other recent things in Hurghada (w/in the last year)
In and Out Furniture
Constitahl kitchen and appliance (sp?)
Little Buddha
Coastal Coffee Shop
BNP Bank

I heard a lot more chains are planning to come soon. I hope.

Posts: 86 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
The problem with Metro is they import so much of their foods so prices have to rise.

Wow things are really expanding in Hurghada.
I love In and Out furniture they have some great things.

miss jolie
Member # 14578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss jolie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats true the one in sharm was after one week a desater really ex sharm also we was all so happy and after 2 weeks smells price up up up no clean i live of front of metro hurgada i just wait i see so far its better every day and more cheap thant abou ashra just take nust 20le one kg abou ashra 11le metro a fresh juce more cheap thant the tradional fresh shop it should be cheap as foreigners it always expensive wiyh the locale
Posts: 122 | From: hurgada | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matron
Member # 4902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for matron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I live behind Metro and am pleasantly surprised that so far the fresh fruit and veg are exactly that - fresh! One distinct advantage for me is that unlike some of the other supermarkets, things have prices on them.
Posts: 155 | From: Planet Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matron
Member # 4902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for matron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about 'Areeka' in the mall opposite Seagull?
They have some pretty neat furniture, bedding, accessories etc.

Posts: 155 | From: Planet Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree matron.. I had my first experience with metro the other day and i must say i was plesently surpriced. Fruits and veggies were freash, everything was reasonable priced (lets forget the imported stuff), and it was nice to have choices (multiple brands for each item)...
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matron
Member # 4902

Rate Member
There croissants are also pretty amazing. They actually taste like the real thing!
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Great, finally some competition to Abu Ashara!!

This could mean the staff at Abu Ashera will finally wake up?
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matron
Member # 4902

Rate Member
Oh now come on Samakwish, are we not asking for too much? I would have been happy if their tills worked!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com