EgyptSearch Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Doing Business in Egypt » Registering property Cairo/Giza/6th October area

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Registering property Cairo/Giza/6th October area
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 5 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know how to go about doing it and where to go? All the advice I have found on Google relates to Sharm or Hurghada.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The people I asked got a Solicito and let them deal with most of it. Not very helpful I know.

I will ask about though if you haven't already found out more.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queenie
Member # 14221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for queenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi you need to register the property at a Notary office. I had to get a lawyer and give him power of attorney to act on my behlaf as I have bought in Sharm. Sharm differs as it is leasehold but anywhere else outside Sinai is freehold and the process is the same. See here for more info http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/9268-registering-property-egypt.html and http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/6847-legal-queations-answers-egyptian-lawyer.html

--------------------
www.sierraresortnabq.co.uk

Posts: 124 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no the process is not the same outside sinai (al alrish) you will pay the tax stamp duty at the goverment level the process will take longer and cost a whole lot more the advice you was give above is wrong you will pay for this level of registering and there is no need to do this or law saying you must, in most cases in egypt no one goes through with this as to paying the high level of tax,

queenie try and think and know the facts of business before you advise people on how to loose people there money

Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of Egyptians have told me that when the cost of land registration was qute high, [used to be around 6% I think, a lot less now] they would register just part of the land.Quite legal, and common.
I have seen a good link explaining this, will try to find it.
I think you may not need a lawyer, you need an Egyptian friend to walk you through it, but will check.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok thanks for the inputs guys n gals.
If you could find your link MoNing that would be great.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com