EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Only for white people

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Only for white people
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This a copy from a letter i have sent to the Egyptian association for the human rights and i never get a reply

Dear All

,,,i am an egyptian male 30 years old and i live in ekaterinburg /russia temporary because of job .
i just would like to report what happened to me here and i am asking you for your help and what action should i do against that .

Friday night 23/01/004

i went to have my dinner in some pub in the city(the scotich pub Gordon"s ) myself and a british friend of mine ,,,then this Russian guy he came in and interduce himself to us as the pub Manager ,,,and once he knew that I am an Egyptian Mouslim ,,He starts to talk about his visit to sharm el sheikh and how much he hates the Egyptian and he kept swearing at me with a tribble words ...he goes like **** you ,,,**** every Egyptian . i thought If i become angry i would prove to him every bad word he is saying about our nation and i was very calm trying to talk to the guy and explain to him things that he can not understand ,,,then he goes on and on and he just pushed me and said i hate Mouslims and **** every mouslim on earth .
i was in shock from his behavoir and he gets the security and they forced me to go out while they were kicking me and i was thrown into the street like a dog without my Jacket in a weather of 20 below 0...
well ,,,later on i have heared he was inviting every one a drink and saying louder No more Mouslims here ,,,No more Egyptians ,,this place Only for the white people ,,,,i was walking down in the street feeling deeply hurted till i stop a police car and i told them and they look at me and said there is nothing we can do for you ,,,,because i did not have a serious injuries ,,,,i went back home and have a feeling that i can not explain it ,,,shame ,anger,etc
i felt like i have to take an action against this but i was trying to go through the russian legal chanels and would not help ,
if i did not take an action i will regret this all of my life ,,,I am a good Egyptian citzen ,mouslim and i understand Islam Correctly ..
please ,,,i need your help
sorry for writing in English due to not having an arabic key board !!!!!!
i know that as an egyptian citzen we are not power enough and we lose our rights because of this ,,
From my side i am acting nicely to change this misunderstanding has been taken against Egyptian or Mouslims ,,,,
So please let us try to make the change ,,,,let me be more proud of being an Egyptian mouslim .
i hope my letter will reach to some one he is ready to make the change ,,,

Best Regards

Now thank god i am back to Egypt
and what happened after this ,,i went to a lawer in russia and i had to pepole they were ready to speak for me An english friend of mine and another candian and both they witness what happened ,,then the lawer just told me all of this is fine but you have to know that law does not work here in Russia and if you insist to go on with your case you will not get anything and Do not be chocked when you get a car crashing you in the middle of the street ,,or a knife in your back ,,,
the last thing i would like to admit is Russian in common they are not Racist ,,and i know this an indvidual behaviour ,,,but shall i just let go !!!!!! all i needed was just some advises to get my rights back .
i agree that could happened any where in the world for white or balck ,,,even it happened in my home land sometimes ,,,the point is i could not find any one to help ,,,,many ppl was there None of them bother himself to ask what is happening here and even the people supose to keep the order (police men ) they just look at me and said we can not help you ,,,it seems to me that you have to be dead to report some one here so for god sake where should i go ,,,should i get a gun and walk again into the bar and shoot every one i meet ,sure this not a wise advise for any one to give ,,,,all i wanted is to know to who should i write to ,,,who can help in such situation like that ,,,,
all i wanted is to make sure this would not happened to some one else ,,,whatever his religoin or color is !
all i got is a black hair ,,,,should i get personally insulted because of black hair . i never ever looked at ppl from a race point of view ,,,i look at every person as an individual and does not matter what relegion or color he has ,,,
For all of you ,,i wrote about this and i will keep doing this in diffrent places till i get people talking about it and to try to minmize this kind of behaviour,it is not a drama but close your eyes for a moment and imagin your self all alone in a place that some people are swearing at you and personally insulting you ,beating the **** out of you ,,you are in the street where you do not know any one ,,No one can help you ,,you are feeling cold,ashamed and humiliated in 20 below 0 laying down on the snow without clothes ...just imagine this ,,Now ask yourself why this happened to me ,,,,the answer is just because I am americans,British,frensh ,,,spanish ,or Egyptians, Mouslim,christian or jewish and now tell me how do you feel about it ,even thinking about this feelings gets me sick ,,,,,,,
It is not a bout the race. it is about an indvidual human being feelings .
i was just trying to give a picture of what happened ,,,may be my english does not help me a lot ,,,,,but this how it feels

i still do not wanna let go ,,,Can any one advise me what should i do ???

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for what happened to you. It is very unfair indeed. Injustice is the worst feeling.

The only thing I can suggest, is to get in touch with the Russian Embassy in Cairo, and ask to meet the legal attaché, stating that you would like to seek legal advice in regards with a legal issue that is of your interest, in Russia.

You 'might' get an appointment.

Other than that, I do not think much is possible, the Russian political system is not exactly what you may call 'easy' to understand, or to penetrate, to say the least!

I'm afraid that a lawyer - Russian or other - would only take your money, unless he/she was recommended by a very credible friend or relative, I would tend to trust the legal attaché just a little bit more, since 'diplomatic' grounds are considered.

Best of luck!
Monica
It is a sad world! Are we going to just sit and do nothing?

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 04 March 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
Very sorry to hear what happened to you.
I can just imagine how it must have hurt you.
Just be proud of you being an Egyptian who would never behave as the Russians.
You are a much better person than those there in Ekaterineburg.
Off course not all Russians are that bad.
I don't think you would get anywhere even if you reported the insident to some Russian authoroties as there ruels or laws do'nt have any meaning.
I hope that there is still something good in this world and that only a few persons behave as the pub manager.
Be proud to be an Egyptian and a mouslim you still have so much of respect and the right values in your culture and country.
You still have so much of what many people in Europe and America have lost

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutso_Ordinary
Member # 3826

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutso_Ordinary   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apologize for reading the post, I'm not white.
Posts: 40 | From: Mars | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for roddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my friend have read your post and feel very sorry at how you have been treated.i cannot advise what to do but i just want you to know that this kind of atitude is all over the world.however as an englishman who visits egypt often i have the greatest respect for the moslem faith and i love egypt very much.i know some very good people in luxor and have met some not so good but again that is the same all over.try not to get to upset at ignorant people.the quote...white people ...is something i never understand ...i never notice the color of skin...i try to see beyond that.take care. roddy
quote:
Originally posted by MotherEgypt:
This a copy from a letter i have sent to the Egyptian association for the human rights and i never get a reply

Dear All

,,,i am an egyptian male 30 years old and i live in ekaterinburg /russia temporary because of job .
i just would like to report what happened to me here and i am asking you for your help and what action should i do against that .

Friday night 23/01/004

i went to have my dinner in some pub in the city(the scotich pub Gordon"s ) myself and a british friend of mine ,,,then this Russian guy he came in and interduce himself to us as the pub Manager ,,,and once he knew that I am an Egyptian Mouslim ,,He starts to talk about his visit to sharm el sheikh and how much he hates the Egyptian and he kept swearing at me with a tribble words ...he goes like **** you ,,,**** every Egyptian . i thought If i become angry i would prove to him every bad word he is saying about our nation and i was very calm trying to talk to the guy and explain to him things that he can not understand ,,,then he goes on and on and he just pushed me and said i hate Mouslims and **** every mouslim on earth .
i was in shock from his behavoir and he gets the security and they forced me to go out while they were kicking me and i was thrown into the street like a dog without my Jacket in a weather of 20 below 0...
well ,,,later on i have heared he was inviting every one a drink and saying louder No more Mouslims here ,,,No more Egyptians ,,this place Only for the white people ,,,,i was walking down in the street feeling deeply hurted till i stop a police car and i told them and they look at me and said there is nothing we can do for you ,,,,because i did not have a serious injuries ,,,,i went back home and have a feeling that i can not explain it ,,,shame ,anger,etc
i felt like i have to take an action against this but i was trying to go through the russian legal chanels and would not help ,
if i did not take an action i will regret this all of my life ,,,I am a good Egyptian citzen ,mouslim and i understand Islam Correctly ..
please ,,,i need your help
sorry for writing in English due to not having an arabic key board !!!!!!
i know that as an egyptian citzen we are not power enough and we lose our rights because of this ,,
From my side i am acting nicely to change this misunderstanding has been taken against Egyptian or Mouslims ,,,,
So please let us try to make the change ,,,,let me be more proud of being an Egyptian mouslim .
i hope my letter will reach to some one he is ready to make the change ,,,

Best Regards

Now thank god i am back to Egypt
and what happened after this ,,i went to a lawer in russia and i had to pepole they were ready to speak for me An english friend of mine and another candian and both they witness what happened ,,then the lawer just told me all of this is fine but you have to know that law does not work here in Russia and if you insist to go on with your case you will not get anything and Do not be chocked when you get a car crashing you in the middle of the street ,,or a knife in your back ,,,
the last thing i would like to admit is Russian in common they are not Racist ,,and i know this an indvidual behaviour ,,,but shall i just let go !!!!!! all i needed was just some advises to get my rights back .
i agree that could happened any where in the world for white or balck ,,,even it happened in my home land sometimes ,,,the point is i could not find any one to help ,,,,many ppl was there None of them bother himself to ask what is happening here and even the people supose to keep the order (police men ) they just look at me and said we can not help you ,,,it seems to me that you have to be dead to report some one here so for god sake where should i go ,,,should i get a gun and walk again into the bar and shoot every one i meet ,sure this not a wise advise for any one to give ,,,,all i wanted is to know to who should i write to ,,,who can help in such situation like that ,,,,
all i wanted is to make sure this would not happened to some one else ,,,whatever his religoin or color is !
all i got is a black hair ,,,,should i get personally insulted because of black hair . i never ever looked at ppl from a race point of view ,,,i look at every person as an individual and does not matter what relegion or color he has ,,,
For all of you ,,i wrote about this and i will keep doing this in diffrent places till i get people talking about it and to try to minmize this kind of behaviour,it is not a drama but close your eyes for a moment and imagin your self all alone in a place that some people are swearing at you and personally insulting you ,beating the **** out of you ,,you are in the street where you do not know any one ,,No one can help you ,,you are feeling cold,ashamed and humiliated in 20 below 0 laying down on the snow without clothes ...just imagine this ,,Now ask yourself why this happened to me ,,,,the answer is just because I am americans,British,frensh ,,,spanish ,or Egyptians, Mouslim,christian or jewish and now tell me how do you feel about it ,even thinking about this feelings gets me sick ,,,,,,,
It is not a bout the race. it is about an indvidual human being feelings .
i was just trying to give a picture of what happened ,,,may be my english does not help me a lot ,,,,,but this how it feels

i still do not wanna let go ,,,Can any one advise me what should i do ???

Posts: 120 | From: clevedon..uk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muhariba
Member # 3798

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for muhariba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear MotherEgypt!
I am eastern europian&from one of the former ussr counties! & i sencerely want to appologize infront of u& infron of other foreigners who are witnessing such things in my country on the behalf of all russians, ukrainians, bielarussians...to cut it short on the behalf of all who call themselves human being`s! it was really painful to read the lines u`ve wrote! i do know that this things happen here rather often& they don`t represent us as being hospitable & kind ppl at all my country(generalazing all western slavs) is living not the best of it`s time& i don`t ask u to understand ! i ask u just to forgive& to accept in return a friendly smile & regards from ukraine!
and about advising u something, on ur place i would forget it as a bad life expirience.
ancients tell:now one is ur friend, no one is ur enemy , every human is just ur teacher.
sencerely yours,
just a girl with dreams!
and by the way,MotherEgypt, i still remember the lines about 'russian wifes & so on" u know such kind of generalization hurts!(just for u to think over)

Posts: 52 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam brother and sister egyptians

May allah bless us all and bless our sacred egypt, and despite all, we know we are civilised and really we rmuch civilised and our egypt is great.its an honour for us to share that civilisation and be that much tolerant to many things but allah is our witness..

Well iam so sorry for u mother egypt but unfortunately ill share with u some story i had last year when i was in France..i was in in an underground station in the city and all alone and it was 11pm in a station called " place d'italie"
well iam much tanned and i look much arab..i got approached in the train by 3 guys and they sat infront of me, kept their legs up on the coach and asked me " tu es marrocaine" r u morrocan and i said nope am egyptian and it all started..all filth u could hear and all sort of hatred u would ever expect and people kept leaving the train and here i was alone, and i was shown some sort of a knife and asked if i like it..i tried to keep cool and recollect my guts and keep my nerves but i was pushed kicked and i just tried to defend myself and held one the guys and stuck him into the car door and then i almost recieved a stab by a knife in my leg but alhamdulilah it was when the next station came in and they ran away so i skipped death... that night i kept praying all night long and i repored the case but it was useless..

u see brother we r really much civilised people and whatever is blamed to be done by muslims is really some fake acts aimed at destroying the reputation of us and controlling and splitting us..

If muslims were like this and fanatics, the world would have extinguished long time ago..

anyway be careful brother and better stick to our religeon and allah coz allah is much generous to us and may god bless egypt and egyptian

Vive l'egypte

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy
Resident Doctor of Dermatology & Andrology

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
love2_cyou
Member # 3925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for love2_cyou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very sorry for what has happen to you. i am an american, and i know that just because you are arabic you are not treated fairly.i llive in a free country, but they want to finger print you before you are aloud to come into the united states.i ask you,is that being free!i tryed for 2 years to get an egyptian friend of mine here so he and i could get married. finally we gave up.it is heart breaking what you have to go through because of your color or your race in any country these days.why cant we see each other as God see's us.as his children,as one.then everyone would be the same and there would be no color,no race.we could all love and get along.i hope someday things will get better,but as for now all we can do is try to forgive the ones that are stupid.may God be with you always.

------------------

Posts: 6 | From: richmond, kentucky, united states | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MotherEgypt,

Is this you're case, or are you writing this for a friend? I believe it a good thing that you took you're case to the the human rightsorganisation. Maybe you should check if you're letter did arrive, go see em.
There should be a human rights organisation in Russia too, maybe you could find them too.
There always are people everywhere who respond as if they have no brains nor education. I was refused to the Fortress of Sultan Kutbeit for being Christian and European, send away by a covered female porter. But at least I could object and complain at the tourist police. Not that it progressed my case but the next year at least I went in with no problems at all.
I wish you luck, and what door you knock on, it should have some effect, maybe for someonel else besides you.

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demiana:

I was refused to the Fortress of Sultan Kutbeit for being Christian and European, send away by a covered female porter.

Demiana - When did this happen? I'm sorry, but I don't believe there was anyway in hell you were denied entrance to the fortress of Qaitbey in Alexandria for being a Christian European. You must have misunderstood, unless this happened in some former life, perhaps when they were fighting the wars? It is a tourist sightseeing highlight. They want Christian Europeans to see it.

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 04 April 2004).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoroo
Member # 3981

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for cairoroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dearest motheregypt,

I am truely sorry for what happened to you. It makes me feel sick that there are such cruel people in the world.
Bless you, and I will pray for that man, whoever he is, that God will soften his heart and he will relise what he has done.
Love
katie

Posts: 12 | From: Spokane Washington USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why did u name your thread only for white people?
Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elmagnoon
Member # 4199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elmagnoon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by multisphinx:
why did u name your thread only for white people?

Very good question

Posts: 343 | From: Magnoon Land | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't you understand what Mother Egypt was saying? They named the thread after an experiance in Russia with some racist white Russians who rejected them because of their Egyptian apperance. Some here suggest it could also be because of the religion they pratice,Islam. The main premise of this dicussion was this.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elmagnoon
Member # 4199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elmagnoon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Didn't you understand what Mother Egypt was saying?

You mean I would have to read, that's no good

Posts: 343 | From: Magnoon Land | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagine that! Gasp.....you would have to read...if only another way existed to get such information.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flamenca
Member # 4213

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flamenca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear MotherEgypt,
I am really very sorry for what happened. The only thing I can do is apologize for my former fellow-countrymen, 'cause I was born in Russia myself. Perhaps it will make you feel better, once I've kicked out of a bar in Holland too 'cause I've got black hair.

Posts: 10 | From: Netherlands | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saladin
Member # 4220

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saladin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys,

As an Egyptian living in the US, let me give you guys some of the precautions I take. I'm not saying this would have spared MotherEgypt any of the problems he faced, but they are good ideas nonetheless:

1. Know your area: What is the overall political bias of the city in which you reside? Whats their ethnic makeup? Whats the history? These are important questions you need to know the answer to. Low income, nationalistic populations will tend to be more aggressive towards Egyptians and Arabs in general.

2. Know the establishment. Having lived in Canada and the US for over 6 years now, I know that all bars and nightclubs are not the same. There are those that are popular amongst the white, ignorant people, and there are those that cater to mixed ethnic groups. Ask around within your circle of friends/coworkers. Believe it or not, you can find out simply by listening to the music they play.

3.Be careful with revealing information about yourself, your nationality and your religeon. I would never tell someone I just saw in a bar that I was an Egyptian Muslim. I am not asking anyone to hide who they are, but to be sensible. You don't know anything about the person you are speaking to.

4. What kind of protection does your employer offer? If you were working for Schumblerger or any of the other big foreign companies operating in Russia, you might be able to inform them and they may raise the issue with the authorities (they will make much more progress than you have). At the very least they can move you to a different location in the world. You never know, you may have a co-worker who is well connected with the locals and might be able to take extra-judicial measures against those responsible.

I hope you find this helpful

Posts: 94 | From: Boise, Idaho, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elmagnoon
Member # 4199

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Saladin:
[B][/B]

Are you the same as Salahudin ont ET, if yes , I like you.
If not, may be I like you may be I don't

NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Saladin,
How are things in boise, some of the stuff you say is true i'd say. I've experienced similar things here in texas...

quote:
Originally posted by Saladin:
Hey guys,

As an Egyptian living in the US, let me give you guys some of the precautions I take. I'm not saying this would have spared MotherEgypt any of the problems he faced, but they are good ideas nonetheless:

1. Know your area: What is the overall political bias of the city in which you reside? Whats their ethnic makeup? Whats the history? These are important questions you need to know the answer to. Low income, nationalistic populations will tend to be more aggressive towards Egyptians and Arabs in general.

2. Know the establishment. Having lived in Canada and the US for over 6 years now, I know that all bars and nightclubs are not the same. There are those that are popular amongst the white, ignorant people, and there are those that cater to mixed ethnic groups. Ask around within your circle of friends/coworkers. Believe it or not, you can find out simply by listening to the music they play.

3.Be careful with revealing information about yourself, your nationality and your religeon. I would never tell someone I just saw in a bar that I was an Egyptian Muslim. I am not asking anyone to hide who they are, but to be sensible. You don't know anything about the person you are speaking to.

4. What kind of protection does your employer offer? If you were working for Schumblerger or any of the other big foreign companies operating in Russia, you might be able to inform them and they may raise the issue with the authorities (they will make much more progress than you have). At the very least they can move you to a different location in the world. You never know, you may have a co-worker who is well connected with the locals and might be able to take extra-judicial measures against those responsible.

I hope you find this helpful

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all what Saladin is correct, it seems that he got alots of experience in dealing with ppl in north america.
what i want to say is that we (Egyptian/arab/musliums) have to form a strong lobby in the goverment to defend our rights and make sure that these things wouldnt happien again to our children, we have to learn from what happiend the jew. My father told me that in europe, 30 yrs ago, some restuartents have a post "No jew and no pigs allowed" and now they control the america thru the jewish lobby they got in the american goverment and therefore they control the world. We have to do similiar thing if we want these things not happien.
i really feel sorry for what happiened to you but all i can tell u is remenber our islamic morals (treats them better than they treated you) and stick to ur islam.
salamo 3alkom brothers and sisters

Posts: 180 | From: halifax, nova scotia, canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MOTHER OF EGYPT hold on my brother,
you are not the first one,actauly i have live in europe[denmark]and some times i was treated very bad because of my chair colour or my skin colour,i remember sometimes when i was working in the streets,some of them when they turne around and see me,they hold their bags well as i'll steel it,and they move away!!
it was a very bad racist,but my girlfreind in that time calmed me down by saying its not my problem but its their brains problem,,
so hold on my brother,wish you good luck

Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Debbie:

What is in people sometimes. My Egyptian dh was refused to pay his faremoney overhere for public transport in small coins (as he wanted to get rid of em). He then gave the money to a white mother with her child to do it for him and they had no problem what so ever.
But if you ever get there, please ask them about this incident, either the tourist police, or one of the female porters. It happened in the summer of 2001, July, maybe early august, before 9/11th happened. I am a redhaired, blue-eyed European (shoulders covered, dress over my knees), my husband is Coptic, we had our children (then 5 and 3,), a large buggy for transportation of the children, with a small rolling deck behind for one to stand on and were accompanied by my coptic Sil and her 3 children around the same age. The porter made a scene shouting that Mubarak should not alow christians to live in a muslimnation and alow christians to visit a muslimsite and she shouted so insulting about Mubarak himself that bystanders warned her what he might do if he found out about her insults. If those people have jobs for life (as still exists in Egypt) one might remember and shed some light. Please report back to me in that case, will you? I have been there anyway last year and had no problem at all. They might have dismissed the woman, who knows. As then, we were very polite handled by the touristpolice. One of em gave us a tour for free through the entire building, very impressive. Please mention that too if you get there.

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cappa
Member # 4926

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cappa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea being discriminated against because of your heritage or your religion sucks doesn't it?? my advice to u is that u sh'd take this experience and learn from it, learn to be tolerant and understanding of others and not discriminate against others because of their heritage or religion, because if wt you experienced on this small scale hurt and bothered u that much then u sh'd have an understanding ofwt its like for others that face it everyday as part of thier life on a bigger scale..
discrimination and racism won't end unless each of us makes a personal conscious choice of not discriminating and vow to stand up for those who are being discriminated against for thier beliefs..
obviously that russian guy was pissed abt something that an egy or a muslim did to him, and its obvious that hate breeds hate..so get over it and start making a difference,spread love, tolerance and understanding start with yourself

Posts: 135 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morelove2u
Member # 5286

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for morelove2u     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello im sorry to hear what happened to motheregypt .it sad to know at this day and age that we as people are still liveing with so much hate and anger in our hearts just because of ignorance. iam not mouslim im a african american and my heritage was stolen from me 100's of years ago and at this day and age we are still hated for the color of our skin or our religion and so forth. i can not change the horror of what you, i and others in our situation went through.what we can do is try to keep our faith and join together and help preventing this from happening to our next generation. once again i so sorry mother egypt you had to go through that that pain and humilation you feel, i felt and still feel it never really go's away i truely believe that in gods eye we are 1 of the same and one day everyone will see it the same.

------------------
1life 1love 4all

Posts: 1 | From: bronx,new york,united states | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to hear about your an encounter. It seems that the Russian has serious problem--one- for being an idiot, and 2-being so judgemental. You can't change his mind because his mind is made up. Shame on him. Unfortunely it happens because that some humans aren't open-minded. I've been reading some message boards about moslems, and just some of the garbage that people spew back. I'm embarrassed to be an American.

Not all white people are bad,,,, I am white-female and Polish. So does that make me stupid because I am a Pollack? (slang) no it doesn't. I just try to treat EVERYONE how I would like to be treated. Sometimes its a losing battle, and need to cut your loses and move on. Even tho its unfair, and he had no right to treat you like the way he did. I'm sure your a very nice person, and good Moslem. The Russian is missing out. Hope this brings some comfort ...your a much better person then he could ever hope to be. P.s. I know what PUB I won't be visiting in Scotland.

Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother Egypt.

What a crock your letter is.
Your work and live in Hurghada.
Wake up from your dream world and get a life without lies. it may do you some good!

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egypt_Canada
Member # 5408

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egypt_Canada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, what happen to you is nothing, I know an Iraqi family who lived in Russia for 10 yrs, and finally they came to Canada.
These guys would be stopped in the street by the police, asking for their passport and get harassed daily. They were treated so bad but they had no choice other than to live with it.
Also the police would visit them at the middle of the night asking for money.

They told me if they bought something they would take a cab home, otherwise they will be a target for the mafia and the police.

About my personal experience. I didn’t go to Russia, but when I was in the University in Canada there was a student from Ukraine in my class. Every morning I tell him “Good Morning Ivan”, and he would look to me as I’m dirty or something and ignor me.

What I did was to tell him “Good morning”, “Good afternoon”, “how are you man” whenever I get a chance, and be sure there is lots of people around. it was funny that the dirty look he gave me was the same he gets from the people around who saw him as a rude or weird.
He had no friends that year although he was trying his best. Who wana be a friend with a rude weird guy. LOL

Finally after 2 yrs he started to change, especially that he was working at summer and his manager was Egyptian. I guess it’s a culture thing more than personal experience.
Don’t give a damn man.

Just thank God you are Egyptian and have the option to go home and live normal life.

Posts: 51 | From: SaskCold, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com