EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Egyptians in Holland

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptians in Holland
fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for fridaies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam to everyone,
I saw the great response to the email about people in the UK. I wonder if i start the same thread, but about Egyptians living in the Netherlands, would i get the same response??

Hoi..any Egyptians in Nederland???????

Posts: 63 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farawla
Member # 4431

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for farawla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fridaies:
Salam to everyone,
I saw the great response to the email about people in the UK. I wonder if i start the same thread, but about Egyptians living in the Netherlands, would i get the same response??

sabah el kheer,
there are a lot of egyptians in the netherlands, but do you live in holland or in egypt? as your profile shows you are in egypt. ma3salama

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for fridaies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in holland..Provincie Groningen..have u ever heard of it
Posts: 63 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farawla
Member # 4431

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for farawla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am in holland..Provincie Groningen..have u ever heard of it

yes i heard of it and i have been there, by the way i am living in holland too. are you born here or in egypt and what are you doing in your life?
bye bye

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fridaies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in Egypt..and was always living there, till i married and moved over here..what about u?
quote:
Originally posted by farawla:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fridaies:
[b]I am in holland..Provincie Groningen..have u ever heard of it

yes i heard of it and i have been there, by the way i am living in holland too. are you born here or in egypt and what are you doing in your life?
bye bye[/B][/QUOTE]

fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fridaies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so now we know that there r three Egyptian females living somewhere in the Netherlands?
hollanda
Member # 1011

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hollanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Egyptians in the Netherlands:-)

My fiance is also Egyptian and i'm Dutch. Soon, Inshallah, he will move to the Netherlans. I am wondering what you think of Holland and how you found your way here. It must be totally different than the life in Egypt. Everybody on the forum is talking about moving and living in Egypt but i really wonder how you experience this move to Europe, specially the Netherlands.

Hope to hear from you!

Posts: 92 | From: the netherlands | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
hoi hollanda..hoe gaat het met jou? waar woon je? en waar is jou fiancee nu?
Ik zit nu in de inburgeringcursus...nee, niet de beste ervaring..dunno how yoúr fiancee will take it!!! but may be he finds het leuk om to immigrate, dus he will enjoy it more..

quote:
Originally posted by hollanda:
Hi Egyptians in the Netherlands:-)

My fiance is also Egyptian and i'm Dutch. Soon, Inshallah, he will move to the Netherlans. I am wondering what you think of Holland and how you found your way here. It must be totally different than the life in Egypt. Everybody on the forum is talking about moving and living in Egypt but i really wonder how you experience this move to Europe, specially the Netherlands.

Hope to hear from you!

hollanda
Member # 1011

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hollanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoi,
Ik woon in het zuiden van het land:-)) My fiance is still in Egypt, Hurghada. Yes a tourist guy:-)) We know eachother for more than 3 years and i visited Egypt regulary. At my second visit i met his family. One time he was already with me for holiday in Holland. He liked it a lot and i also wonder if he will like the inburgeringscurus:-))I hope so because i think people end up in a circle when they don't learn Dutch. I work at a job agency so i see these people every day....it's so sad to meet high educated people who can't get a job of their level just because of the language. Vind je de cursus moeilijk? groetjes

Posts: 92 | From: the netherlands | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
DE cursus is niet moeilijk..maar ik begrijp niet its bedoeling..ik kan niet na een jaar met Nederlands taal een baan krijgen!..daarom denk ik een jaar is te lang !! want in the end, i will still have to use English..and everythign verplicht is very stuffy!..anyway, i expect your fiancee to be in a better situation if he works in tourism and has a fiancee in a job agency )

quote:
Originally posted by hollanda:
Hoi,
Ik woon in het zuiden van het land:-)) My fiance is still in Egypt, Hurghada. Yes a tourist guy:-)) We know eachother for more than 3 years and i visited Egypt regulary. At my second visit i met his family. One time he was already with me for holiday in Holland. He liked it a lot and i also wonder if he will like the inburgeringscurus:-))I hope so because i think people end up in a circle when they don't learn Dutch. I work at a job agency so i see these people every day....it's so sad to meet high educated people who can't get a job of their level just because of the language. Vind je de cursus moeilijk? groetjes

LoveAlways
Member # 4869

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoveAlways     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoi Allemaal!
wat grappig dat jullie zo graag naar Nederland willen komen want ik wil heel graag in Egypte wonen...

I want to live in Egypt but nice you want to come live in Holland..your welcome..

Posts: 20 | From: Holland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CheckThisOut
Member # 4875

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CheckThisOut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Moderated Forum
http://www.youregypt.com/forum/index.php

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingrid
Member # 4230

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ingrid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoi Hollanda,

Zou graag met je willen mailen, kom ook uit het Zuiden. Kun je me jouw e-mail adres geven?

Groetjes
Ingrid

[This message has been edited by Ingrid (edited 09 August 2004).]

Posts: 14 | From: Netherlands | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mansour
Member # 2983

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mansour     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hoi
how are you all
i,m from egypt but i did visit holland many times and the best place for me ,is groningen,i had the best time ever in my life there,right now i,m in egypt,but i will may go visit gronin,like in 3 weeks,
di any one know a guy his name is ali from alexandria,was married to dutch lady her name is marian,and he know the owner of the famous restaurant bien veneu, in the centru??i lost all the conection with hem ,even cant remember his last name,
any way hope you are all haveing good time ,cheers from egypt,
salam

Posts: 28 | From: alex | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nona
Member # 5125

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I am originally from alex and studying in Groningen, nice to know that there are some egyptians there
[
QUOTE]Originally posted by farawla:

quote:
[b]I am in holland..Provincie Groningen..have u ever heard of it

bye bye[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------
Nona

Posts: 4 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
It seems that there are some Egyptians who like Groningen after all..so how long have u been here ? any luck with the language ?

quote:
Originally posted by Nona:
Hello,

I am originally from alex and studying in Groningen, nice to know that there are some egyptians there
[
QUOTE]Originally posted by farawla:
[b]

Nona
Member # 5125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I have been in gronigen for 2 months, but i am in alex now, i'll be back in september, and i love Groningen a lot, i'll be taking language courses, but all the studying at the university is in english, i am preparing a phd in nursing

quote:
It seems that there are some Egyptians who like Groningen after all..so how long have u been here ? any luck with the language ?

------------------
Nona

Posts: 4 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
Good luck..Will you work in de AZG ?

quote:
Hi,

I have been in gronigen for 2 months, but i am in alex now, i'll be back in september, and i love Groningen a lot, i'll be taking language courses, but all the studying at the university is in english, i am preparing a phd in nursing

Nona
Member # 5125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, i'll be applying the resaerch in AZG, it is an amazing hospital, but most of the time i'll be in the university, is it cold in september? here it 34 degrees

quote:
Good luck..Will you work in de AZG ?

fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
It is cold in Sept in Gr according to the Egyptian standards..There is something called khareef (najaar) here..The nature is beautiful at this time as leaves start to take all sorts of colors...Expect something around 10-15 in the morning and less at night..not sure about the rain !!!!..But typical about dutch weather of course is that it is very changeable !!..
so what is your speciality ?

quote:
yes, i'll be applying the resaerch in AZG, it is an amazing hospital, but most of the time i'll be in the university, is it cold in september? here it 34 degrees

Nona
Member # 5125

Rate Member
well, it was raining when i was in Groningen in may and june, i guess it'll be the same or even more, my specialty is critical care nursing, i have a master degree in critical care nursing from Alex university, and i was offered a scholarship to get my phd. what about you?
quote:
It is cold in Sept in Gr according to the Egyptian standards..There is something called khareef (najaar) here..The nature is beautiful at this time as leaves start to take all sorts of colors...Expect something around 10-15 in th
e morning and less at night..not sure about the rain !!!!..But typical about dutch weather of course is that it is very changeable !!..
so what is your speciality ?

fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
i am glad that u understand the situation..rain ..rain and yet more rain..i wish u luck in your studies..i am happy for your sake that it is all in english..dutch is not the easiest language ever!!!

quote:
well, it was raining when i was in Groningen in may and june, i guess it'll be the same or even more, my specialty is critical care nursing, i have a master degree in critical care nursing from Alex university, and i was offered a scholarship to get my phd. what about you?

[This message has been edited by fridaies (edited 23 August 2004).]

mamduh
Member # 5270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mamduh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about gay Egyptians in the NL?
Posts: 3 | From: Heliopolis, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
novy
Member # 6067

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for novy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
I am an Egyptian currently living and studying in the netherlands. I live in Wageningen. Feel free to e-mail me.
Novy

quote:
Originally posted by farawla:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fridaies:
[b]Salam to everyone,

sabah el kheer,
there are a lot of egyptians in the netherlands, but do you live in holland or in egypt? as your profile shows you are in egypt. ma3salama

[/B][/QUOTE]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Famke
Member # 8653

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Famke   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hallo Allemaal,

We have also a forum in dutch.
Very nice people there who have their
husband/friend from egypt. Some stay
in Egypt some in Holland.
Feel free to enjoy us.
http://www.jacodo.nl/egypte/forum

Maryam is my name there

Posts: 11 | From: the netherlands | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anwar
Member # 8682

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anwar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are quit alot Masreyeen living in Holland, but they don't live in one neighbourhood of city like most of the other immigrants do

I live near Amsterdam, my Egyptian roots come from el Minya

Posts: 1 | From: Zaanstad, Holland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AraBMixz
Member # 9560

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AraBMixz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hallooo daar!

wat leuk!
Ik woon ook in NL
en ik ben half egyptisch waar ik heel trots op ben jaja!

groetjesss!!

Posts: 7 | From: netherlands | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Romeooo
Member # 9692

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Romeooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello guys

i've been to the Nederlands last august and i am now in cairo,and i got married a dutch girl,but we were married in egypt and we plan to live together in holland and when i came back to egypt i sent her some papers they told me they will need it in the IND to apply for a visa to let me live with her and from the time of applying till now is about 2 months and i am worried if it will be taking more long time and if i need to do any other steps or giving out some other papers

i hope there is someone who lives in holland now and he is egyptian and can contact me to advise

thanks in advance

Ramy.

Posts: 19 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Romeooo
Member # 9692

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Romeooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
forgot to add my e mail for any contacts ikadolli@yahoo.com
Posts: 19 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rameooo:
hello guys

i've been to the Nederlands last august and i am now in cairo,and i got married a dutch girl,but we were married in egypt and we plan to live together in holland and when i came back to egypt i sent her some papers they told me they will need it in the IND to apply for a visa to let me live with her and from the time of applying till now is about 2 months and i am worried if it will be taking more long time and if i need to do any other steps or giving out some other papers

i hope there is someone who lives in holland now and he is egyptian and can contact me to advise

thanks in advance

Ramy.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need an ID card in Holland. They will let you in but you should not leave until you get the ID. This can take up to 6 months. My Indonesian daughter in law applied for hers in Feb 2005, She got it two weeks ago. She could not leave the country until she had it, they would not let her back in otherwise. The same applied when she lived in Luxemburg.
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherry_zamalek
Member # 12733

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cherry_zamalek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i'm egyptian and live in holland Den Haag lol i've been lving here my whole life though but i go to the international school this year i'll be in the hogeschool van amsterdam any egyptian teenagers in holland?

--------------------
s.shahin

Posts: 9 | From: Holland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com