EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » FALAFEL RECIPE PLEASE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FALAFEL RECIPE PLEASE
stellaspice
Member # 4567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stellaspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to treat my Egyptian husband to some falafel - but really am finding it difficult to find a recipe. Can anyone help ???? Please ???? Thanx ever so.
Posts: 13 | From: england, bristol | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you use fava beans or chick peas? Just curious.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here you go!!

1 lb dry chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
2 oz. Parsley, coarsely chopped
˝oz. jalapeno peppers
3 oz. coarsely chopped Onions
3 oz. Cumin
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
˝ cup water.
2 tbsp general purpose flour.
2 Garlic cloves.

Rinse the dry chickpeas and soak with water for 12 hours.

Drain the chickpeas and grind them together with the onion, garlic, parsley and jalapeno peppers. This can be done using a meat grinder or food processor.

Add the baking soda, salt, cumin and flour.

Add water (1/2 cup) and mix until it forms a coarse paste.

In a medium saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil to 400 F degrees.

Use a falafel scoop to shape the mixture into rounded patties and fry the patties into the hot oil until browned and crisp.

Serve hot with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, red-hot pepper sauce and your favorite pickled vegetables.

Check us out on: http://www.youregypt.com
for more delicious and nutritious Egyptian recipes!!!

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 18 June 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stellaspice
Member # 4567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stellaspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanx 4 this info - will be giving it a go this weekend. And thanx 4 the website too. GREAT, just what I need for some more ideas. Hubby's birthday next week, so just what I need to make him something special and give him a taste of home. Thanx again.
Posts: 13 | From: england, bristol | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stella, just buy a bag of falafel grains - looks like couscous grains - soak it in water, make balls and fry them in oil. It's faster, and if you get a good supplier it may even taste better, and have all the spices and salt just right!

Cheers,
Lori

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com