EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Anyone in Malta? or from Malta? or even went there..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone in Malta? or from Malta? or even went there..
Poly
Member # 6851

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I know this forum is about Egypt, but I was hoping some people are in Malta or went there before and can help.
I might move to Malta in a couple of months time (still thinking about it), so I wonder if anyone ever visited it or actually from Malta to tell me more about accommodation, lifestyle, average salary, expenses, etc. Cheers,

[This message has been edited by Poly (edited 13 March 2005).]

Posts: 95 | From: Italy | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poly
Member # 6851

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Poly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Malta anyone??
Posts: 95 | From: Italy | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ABAZA
Member # 5785

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ABAZA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poly,

What happened to your earlier plans to move back to Egypt in a few months?

quote:
Originally posted by Poly:
Hello, I know this forum is about Egypt, but I was hoping some people are in Malta or went there before and can help.
I might move to Malta in a couple of months time (still thinking about it), so I wonder if anyone ever visited it or actually from Malta to tell me more about accommodation, lifestyle, average salary, expenses, etc. Cheers,

[This message has been edited by Poly (edited 13 March 2005).]

Posts: 1656 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poly
Member # 6851

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ABAZA:
Poly,

What happened to your earlier plans to move back to Egypt in a few months?

I got scared after reading the posts here
I am still not sure really I have both options and have to make up my mind quick... But apparently no one ever went to Malta on this forum.. and I thought many Egyptians did

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica from YE went to Malta before. Why don't you send her a message?
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Poly:
[B]Hello, I know this forum is about Egypt, but I was hoping some people are in Malta or went there before and can help.

Salam Poly,
I did visit Malta twice, I fell in love with this tiny place. It is really cute place.
If you lived in Alexandria, you would be not feel any difference there.
Most streets have Arabic names, in fact you will see plenty of people who speak Arabic.
Maltese language is almost Arabic based, so you will be able to speak maltese easily as well.
I do not know about accommodation but a British friend of mine bought a house there which worked out less than half of what we pay here in the UK.
You will love Malta.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poly
Member # 6851

Rate Member
Thanks Tigerlily and Salama, happy to get some replies finally. YE is youregypt.com.. right?? sorry, this is my first time in a public forum and not so familiar with the others.. thanks again

[This message has been edited by Poly (edited 16 March 2005).]

Poly
Member # 6851

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by salama:

[/B]

Salama, how about the prices there? for hotels, restaurants, taxi, etc. Are they more or less same as rest of Europe (Italy, France, Holland).. I know that Malta is more of a holiday destination so I am assuming it is more expensive than where I live (I am in Sicily by the way not Rome so it is quite cheap). I am just trying to get a general idea as I don't know anyone who lived there and not so many information available on the net.. strange!!!

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops..!

[This message has been edited by salama (edited 18 March 2005).]

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by salama:
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Poly:
[B] Salama, how about the prices there? for hotels, restaurants, taxi, etc. Are they more or less same as rest of Europe (Italy, France, Holland).. I know that Malta is more of a holiday destination so I am assuming it is more expensive than where I live (I am in Sicily by the way not Rome so it is quite cheap). I am just trying to get a general idea as I don't know anyone who lived there and not so many information available on the net.. strange!!!

Poly, I did not live in Malta, I was only a tourist but prices there even as a tourist were really reasonable, they are on the whole much cheaper than these in Northen Europe.
You must try the bakeries with their freshly backed bread with all shapes and sizes with their irresistable scent (?)covering all over the island.
I ate bread most of the time there, falling upon abakery run by an old lady who lived in Alexandria for many years.

Also, there is a huge moslim community/ moslim Resouces centre also a school and most attractive mosque with a typical med.architecture.
You will love Malta.you can easily travel to and from Europe from Malta and cheaply.

Poly
Member # 6851

Rate Member
Thanks Salama..
Shadya
Member # 7341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I worked on a cruise ship that harbored in Malta. Its a beautiful place, but when a plane lands there....it travels around the entire island before you get off!

Not a big enough piece of real estate but the people and the architecture were wonderful.

Posts: 52 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com