EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Egyptian Maid Wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian Maid Wanted
amegahed77
Member # 7313

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for amegahed77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, if you are not genuine in providing this service, don’t reply to this message.
We are a family of three (two adults and a 14 year old) living in Stuttgart, Germany & would like to hire a kind, honest maid for our home. We are expecting our new baby October of this year. The responsibility of
the job will include the following;

1-Caring for our newborn
2-Light house cleaning
3-Cooking

We will provide the following;

1-Room and board
2-Visa to Germany for the time of the contract, 2 years minimum
3-Negotiated salary
4-Bonus for finishing the contract and air ticket home
5-A kind family environment with occasional short trips within Europe

Thanks.
Amegahed77@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by amegahed77 (edited 24 July 2005).]

Posts: 2 | From: Stuttgart, DE | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadya
Member # 7341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea!

I need one in Houston, Texas too.

Posts: 52 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Shadya & Ahmed,

Egyptian house maids dears would not have access to a computer. If they do, they would not read English even if they do speak it.

Good idea to advertise in a local mosque or a local paper..! Unless, of course, you are willing to employ a university student in her summer holiday as a baby sitter ( put it this way ) not a house maid ( still mis understood in Egypt ).
Good luck.

Forgot to mention, there are a huge number of employment agencies nowadays in Egypt. Look in the Friday Ahram paper.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadya
Member # 7341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salama:
Dear Shadya & Ahmed,

Egyptian house maids dears would not have access to a computer. If they do, they would not read English even if they do speak it.

Good idea to advertise in a local mosque or a local paper..! Unless, of course, you are willing to employ a university student in her summer holiday as a baby sitter ( put it this way ) not a house maid ( still mis understood in Egypt ).
Good luck.

Forgot to mention, there are a huge number of employment agencies nowadays in Egypt. Look in the Friday Ahram paper.

Thank you Salama, your suggestions are helpful.

Posts: 52 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking for a female Egyptian au-pair to help us out with our kids here in Germany for one whole year. Our family is still very close with Egypt. Was a great idea also to help me brush up my language skills. I even posted for six months on www.kairofamiliennetz.de - no luck.

Can anyone tell me why girls from Marocco are able to move and work by themselves overseas but not Egyptian girls? Is the society in general more tolerant?

Dear original poster, you might want to look into in employing a Maroccan. You will find some applications listed with German au-pair agencies.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 14 May 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, guys,
Listen to the marketeer here, Where did you advertise?

Working as an au-pair, myself in my hay day at the age of 16-18, I came in contact with many Egyptian maids and cooks who spoke perfect English but could not read or write.
So, advertising directly to the maids will not work. They cannot read or work on computers.

It is all with word of mouth in Egypt.
As I have written before, advertise at the university just before the summer holidays. We have 1000's of students who would die for such an opportunity specially those in their final year.
Then, they would be able to stay longer.…! take my advise, I would not charge you this time.…!

[This message has been edited by salama (edited 15 May 2005).]

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salama:

Working as an au-pair, myself in my hat day at the age of 16-18, I came in contact with many Egyptian maids and cooks who spoke perfect English but could not read or write.
So, advertising directly to the maids will not work. Hay cannot read.

You assume that they cannot read English.

Salama I highly doubt you paid the time to know the extent of their abilities.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i doubt many families would send their educated daughters (who speak another language like english) to a foreign country to be a 'maid'. in egypt, this brings out the stereotype of asian maids employed in the gulf (and the abuse they are often subject to). there's still an odd class-system based stigma that's applied to that job title.

i suggest you look for an aupair from eastern europe - you will find educated students who look at it as a chance to improve their german language skill and don't see cleaning as 'beneath them.'

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prencces
Member # 8217

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for prencces   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
salam
i am samar,21 years old,from Egypt
i am all ready to accept this offer to be Au-Pair
i am well speak english and have good skills using computer and internet
becide that i finished my study in univercity so i can work with you all the year not just in summer
also i can travel out of my country
hope to get replay from you if you still concern
prencces@hotmail.com
wassalam

Posts: 3 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prencces:
salam
i am samar,21 years old,from Egypt
i am all ready to accept this offer to be Au-Pair
i am well speak english and have good skills using computer and internet
becide that i finished my study in univercity so i can work with you all the year not just in summer

also i can travel out of my country
hope to get replay from you if you still concern
prencces@hotmail.com
wassalam

I cuggect you flush your univercity degree dawn za toilet.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soum
Member # 4840

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Soum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you make my day MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari

Posts: 62 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soum
Member # 4840

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why you are not seeking to hire someone in Germany, there are arab ppl there and you will save more if you get someone there

fekra bardo

amegahed77

Posts: 62 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com