EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Question for Egyptian men living in Saudi/UAE or Jordan

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for Egyptian men living in Saudi/UAE or Jordan
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My egyptian muslim boyfriend is trying to get work in Saudi or Jordan or UAE. I am an english christian woman.
I said to him that I will come and visit - but actually I don't know if it is really possible. I know these countries are much more strict than even Egypt - do you know of any Egyptian man who has their girlfriend come to visit? Do they have to wear a burqua? If they do visit, what rules are there?
I would like to know, so if it isn't possible, then I won't make him think it is so we will have to continue to plan to meet in Egypt.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catlover:
My egyptian muslim boyfriend is trying to get work in Saudi or Jordan or UAE. I am an english christian woman.
I said to him that I will come and visit - but actually I don't know if it is really possible. I know these countries are much more strict than even Egypt - do you know of any Egyptian man who has their girlfriend come to visit? Do they have to wear a burqua? If they do visit, what rules are there?
I would like to know, so if it isn't possible, then I won't make him think it is so we will have to continue to plan to meet in Egypt.

I know for a fact that you cannot stay in the same apartment

and yes in KSA (saudi arabia) any woman must veil.

in the UAE, I don't know if you must veil, but you cannot stay in the same apartment.

And in both countries there are religious police to stop you from doing any hanky panky. Any kind of adultry or fornication is a prisonable offence, in the least you will be deported and barred from reentering the country (both KSA and UAE).

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KSA: Single-entry visas are only available for business & work, for transit & religious visits but NOT for tourism. All visas require a sponsor & usually take several months to process. Female visitors & residents are required to be met by their sponsor upon arrival. Based on my own experience I think your chances of obtaining an entry visa for Saudi Arabia as a single female are nil, the company I worked for in the Middle East applied for my visa to visit for work purposes & this got denied on many occasions. One of my female colleagues managed to get a visa but her husband had to accompany her on the trip & stay with her all the time (even attending her client meetings etc.).

UAE: As a British citizen with the right of abode in the UK you don't require an entry visa for the UAE. You can stay up to one month & then you need to apply for a visa which will allow you to stay for two months.

Jordan: You require a visa which you can obtain from the Embassy.

Sonomod is right, you won't be able to stay in the same apartment with your boyfriend. There is no need to wear a veil in Jordan & UAE, KSA is a different story altogether (but I think you wouldn't even be granted access to the country).

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information ladies, very useful. I hope he goes to Jordan then!

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com