EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptians Living Abroad » Urgent help needed re UK visa

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urgent help needed re UK visa
zuleikadance
Member # 9545

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zuleikadance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone
I'm in urgent need of advice about getting a visa for an Egyptian national to come to the uk for a visit. I've heard all sorts of horrible stories about people getting refused visas for no apparent reason.
I'm going back to Egypt to visit my boyfriend in December and we planned to go to Cairo to apply for his visa while I'm there as I was told he would have to go in person to the British Embassy, but that it would only take 24 hours to process the application. I have already booked his flight to come back to the UK with me and I'm getting worried that his visa may be refused.
Help please!!

thank you so much, zuleika

Posts: 3 | From: Scotland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inlove
Member # 9467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for inlove         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi - can you give me your personal email address I will let you know my experience on visas
Posts: 9 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zuleikadance
Member # 9545

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zuleikadance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

My email is cm1972@hotmail.com

Thanks, Zuleika

Posts: 3 | From: Scotland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will find all the info you require on this website: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/

In case of a Visitor/Tourist visa your friend needs to supply a number of supporting documents e.g. bank account statements, salary slips etc. to prove that he can pay for the trip to the UK & support himself financially whilst in the UK without working there or applying for public funds. He also needs to prove that upon completion of his visit he intends to leave the UK e.g. a letter from his employer. If you sponsor his visit you need to write a letter stating your relationship & purpose of his visit + you'll need to submit a number of supporting documents showing that you can support yourselves financially (bank statements, salary slips etc.).

In case of a Fiancé visa the Embassy will look for proof of a 2-year relationship. Anyway, it's all explained on the website.

If this is the first time he travels to the UK of if he doesn't travel frequently he should attend in person. I think 24 hours turnaround time is optimistic, normally it takes a bit longer (at least a few working days) & all papers/supporting documents need to be in good order.

Best of luck

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zuleikadance
Member # 9545

Rate Member
Hi there
I've looked at the website and to be honest I found it very confusing. I know the basic requirements but I wanted to know what we can do to improve our chances of getting the visa approved.

Thanks, Zuleika

Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the website can be any clearer than it is. Each type of visa is explained in detail including the form required to be filled out, the supporting documents to be presented etc. Other than complying with these requirements there isn't anything else you could do.

You actually haven't indicated which type of visa he is applying for i.e. visitor/tourist or Fiancé - the set of requirements is different for each type of visa.

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mad a visa for my Egyptian boy freind so he can come and visit me in UK.What he was asked by the British embassy from me is:an invitation letter, as well as a copy of my passport, and a prove that Iam a UK resident, so I also had to send him some bills like British telecom bills, or electricity bills.Then after he had to have an interview with someone from the British embassy to check the documents, requiered, and why he wanted to go to UK. That was just before the bombs in London, we were told now that is much difficult. good luck
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
borat
Member # 9599

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for borat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I can give you lots of info and advice as we have recently been through the torture of visa's!!! But dont worry I can tell you the best way. Plz contact me on
allisonelsokary@hotmail.com
Get a refund for your ticket!!! if you can and wait PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

Posts: 57 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If any man wants to apply for a UK visa, before he can do this, he must get the permission of the Egyptian army. If the army says no, then it goes nowhere.
Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoshara
Member # 9794

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoshara         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mrs D. you have it all wrong yet again, an Egyptian can apply for a visa without premission from the army, once he has his visa he has to get a certificate from the army to say he as completed his national service and is able to leave the country!
I should know as my husband has to go every time we come to visit to get an new certificate or he would not be let out of the country by passport control.
Dont comment on something you have never been involved in.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com